Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 27/01/2011, 04:53 AM

Default Hi - finally an introduction

Hello, I've been part of the Socionics community for years, and on and off on this site, and am still undecided as per my type because I can tend to change around my opinion. I usually test INTp on your dichotomy test and on MBTI, but I think I relate the most to the INTj description on this site, and my dual seems like she'd be ESFj from this description as well, and we seem to very well fit the VI. I am kind of forcing her in my mind to be my dual in any case right, because she seems like she would be perfect and probably will work out nicely. I had a vision and the beginning of this that told me I was INTj and she was ESFj, but that being in the back of my mind as much as I recall it, I'm still open to suggestions for my type. I still consider us being duals. Some people suggest for me xNTp based on factors, I think ENTp because I can be fairy random and silly on forums, and INTp because I act serious and am not fond of intense emotional expression, and can criticize. But most of the INTj description seems to work more, limited interests studied in depth for a long time, always pretty silent except when a rare topic comes up then I can appear to actually have something, and a lot, to say, stay away from him because you don't understand him, interesting in constructing theories, etc etc. and let's just say perhaps quasi-identical is a good name for INTj-INTp. I don't let people tell me my interests or ways are bad, but I do have a way of being inconsistent as far as Socionics goes and changing my type, letting different people influence what I think my type is because: there are lots of sources that say different things, and I always find fault with my current typing. Sometimes it doesn't have to be an obvious logical fault, on occasion I will get bored of being a type, or with anything, get bored of it, never complete it, and go on to something different.

Anyway, enough idle chat. I hope I can post around here more and you get a better opinion. Ask me questions, I mainly just came here to give my conclusion as of right now, and strike some typing conversation.

Here are some pictures of myself: (dont want to post too many)

Last edited by Neverend; 27/01/2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 27/01/2011, 10:08 AM

Have you considered ENTj?
Old 27/01/2011, 12:05 PM
Gone on holiday...

[removed]

No need for hostility

Last edited by SG; 27/01/2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 27/01/2011, 05:44 PM

I looked at it, but the description doesn't fit. I'm actually pretty introverted even though the pictures might say otherwise.
Old 27/01/2011, 08:05 PM

What makes you think ENTj, or from my old VI thread EJ? I think introversion is my strongest dichotomy, the only extrovert profile that has really fit has been ENTp, except for when it talks about any of their extroverted characteristics.

So do you think the descriptions on your site are good to use? I think I fit the INTj description the most, followed by ENTp. Although I wouldn't say those descriptions were what I was looking for. Any questions I can answer that would help you, go ahead.
Old 27/01/2011, 08:35 PM

Was the top middle picture taken in the mirror?
Old 27/01/2011, 11:50 PM
Gone on holiday...

^Hardly hostility. It's a fact he said this site is crap, that he wants it taken down. It's quite relevant to ask WHY he's therefore posting here.
Old 28/01/2011, 01:38 AM

Yes some of these pictures are in reverse, I was doing some photo experiments and forgot to switch them back.

I did a little exercise today, with alpha quadra descriptions on this site, and wrote out all the phrasings I thought fit me (let's just say I was bored in class). I happened to write down 90 to 95% of the INTj description out by hand , of course I abbr. I was going to do the other descriptions, like INTp, INFp, etc but didn't get the chance yet. Though I read all the descriptions on this site already, and don't think they fit as much. Everything I wrote out here fits me:

I'm not super good at VI, but I can definitely see some close resemblance to my ESFj with those in the celebrity gallery, she tested as ESFJ in MBTI too. Not sure about for myself (looking through some of my pictures, kind of see a resemblance to John Fortune, Jerry O'Connel, Mako Iwamatsu, but I don't think I have this one quite down.)

Quote:
^Hardly hostility. It's a fact he said this site is crap, that he wants it taken down. It's quite relevant to ask WHY he's therefore posting here.
What type are you?

Last edited by Neverend; 28/01/2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 28/01/2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
And if you are so so curious you could have asked him this via PM instead of making a public drama out of it.
Old 28/01/2011, 09:49 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
And if you are so so curious you could have asked him this via PM instead of making a public drama out of it.
For this reason and others: how he responded could have helped determine his Se.
Old 28/01/2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
For this reason and others: how he responded could have helped determine his Se.
Again, PM is your friend.
Old 28/01/2011, 07:56 PM
Gone on holiday...

I think you're Ni, I wrote out a lengthy explanation which got lost unfortunately.

Quote:
What type are you
I think I know it, and I rarely have the need to discuss it.

Last edited by Cyclops; 28/01/2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30/01/2011, 01:09 PM

You look so INTp IMO.
Old 05/02/2011, 12:04 PM

I think I VI the most like the INFps on here. (I'm looking at more pictures of myself than I put on here, but its about the same impression.)
Old 07/02/2011, 11:24 AM

Can't help but find certain similarities typewise between the OP and this guy:

http://www.google.com/images?q=Jonathan+Togo
Old 07/02/2011, 02:02 PM
Gone on holiday...

I think you look like wrestling guy the rock. It may be your nature isn't down to temperament, there's plenty 'vigourous' people who are IP... if you are using stereotypical ideas of EJ go getters, IP lazy or something. Otherwise I don't know.
Old 07/02/2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Can't help but find certain similarities typewise between the OP and this guy:

http://www.google.com/images?q=Jonathan+Togo
Uh-huh. I must say that can't be denied.
Old 15/02/2011, 12:26 PM

What types are they? I must say I am a pretty lazy, low-energy, and thoughtful person. I thought this website used dichotomies...I've taken the test here a couple times and gotten INTp. I wish I were extroverted, because I really like certain IxFxs a lot, more so than extrovert ethical types (theres one type I really don't like much, its some ExFx type that's too smothering and attentive, which really annoys me.) I don't know how my similarity is explained here, since I'm a rather quiet and thoughtful person and don't really pay any attention to my surroundings. Maybe you can ask me some questions or give me an activity to do that might help me understand more... that would help, rather than just listening to beginning opinions. Thanks.
Old 15/02/2011, 04:51 PM

Describe your Ti/Te, Fi/Fe, Ni/Ne, Si/Se. Is your primary tendency to know why things are the way they are, or to search for a method that gives good results? Do you focus more on the general good feeling in a social situation or the relationships between the people in front of you? Do you focus on possibilities and options or do you focus more on your internal sense which tells you what's hidden behind appearances? Do you focus more on the external material needs, or the internal sensations?