Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 03/10/2009, 09:12 PM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
Well since IEIs are Ni leading they tend to be a bit in their heads, so to speak. That doesn't really mean they are distant from people, that couldn't be further from the truth (usually) but they tend to have very active imaginations and often get lost in those. That's what creates the "They tend to be distant" Sterotype.
Hmmm. I do not think I am Ni leading.. Or, now that I read about it on Wikisocion, maybe I am! And Fe as a secondary function really fits me too.. OMG. Maybe I am IEI.
__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03/10/2009, 11:29 PM
JWC3's Avatar
JWC3 JWC3 is offline
The WILDCARD!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDiamond View Post
Hmmm. I do not think I am Ni leading.. Or, now that I read about it on Wikisocion, maybe I am! And Fe as a secondary function really fits me too.. OMG. Maybe I am IEI.
Did you look up Si leading and Fe leading as well?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The wisest man alive
Religion = Lawn Chairs
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04/10/2009, 03:08 PM
nahbee1235's Avatar
nahbee1235 nahbee1235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
I am officially proposing ESE (ESFj).
An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right. =)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05/10/2009, 03:49 AM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Do I have an IP temperament, though?





__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!

Last edited by SG; 06/10/2009 at 12:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05/10/2009, 03:58 AM
JWC3's Avatar
JWC3 JWC3 is offline
The WILDCARD!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
Did you look up Si leading and Fe leading as well?
(filllller.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The wisest man alive
Religion = Lawn Chairs
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05/10/2009, 06:13 AM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
(filllller.)
Yeah, I looked them up. Fe leading is much too strong for me. However, Fe as a secondary function totally fits. I feel emotions VERY strongly, but not enough to be Fe leading.

Ni leading does fit me A LOT too. Well, it does, kind of. I used to have my head in the clouds all the time - I was constantly in a fantasy land. That has changed though, quite a few people have commented on it, infact. Maybe i've just grown, however. It's still the same, just definitely not as strong anymore.
__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05/10/2009, 04:46 PM
JWC3's Avatar
JWC3 JWC3 is offline
The WILDCARD!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDiamond View Post
Yeah, I looked them up. Fe leading is much too strong for me. However, Fe as a secondary function totally fits. I feel emotions VERY strongly, but not enough to be Fe leading.

Ni leading does fit me A LOT too. Well, it does, kind of. I used to have my head in the clouds all the time - I was constantly in a fantasy land. That has changed though, quite a few people have commented on it, infact. Maybe i've just grown, however. It's still the same, just definitely not as strong anymore.
(A.K.A. Cool)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The wisest man alive
Religion = Lawn Chairs
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05/10/2009, 05:33 PM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Why do I keep testing ENFp?

__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05/10/2009, 05:45 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDiamond View Post
Why do I keep testing ENFp?

You can't just rely on tests, it helps but to give an indicator but to be sure it also helps to have a look at dichotomies, small groups like clubs and temperaments, quadras and to look at the socionic functions some more, which are a few things that come to mind.

Anyway INFp is out of the question imo unless you are on drugs, as you present yourself as far far away from being a subjective concious base preference and NOT IP.

Do you have changing energy levels? It seems to me that you do and I don't see off the top of my head what's wrong with EP temperament.

You are at school yeah? What would you do if you failed your exams, would you say to yourself I was never really that interested anyway and look at lots of different opportunities? Or would you struggle to think of your next move and different options?

Last edited by Cyclops; 05/10/2009 at 05:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05/10/2009, 08:39 PM
JWC3's Avatar
JWC3 JWC3 is offline
The WILDCARD!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scoring Factor
The scoring factor shows how much you are aware of your type and/or the testing procedure. Anything close to and above 0.8 is considered high and could interfere with the authenticity of the test outcome.

(fillller.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The wisest man alive
Religion = Lawn Chairs
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05/10/2009, 09:20 PM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
You can't just rely on tests, it helps but to give an indicator but to be sure it also helps to have a look at dichotomies, small groups like clubs and temperaments, quadras and to look at the socionic functions some more, which are a few things that come to mind.

Anyway INFp is out of the question imo unless you are on drugs, as you present yourself as far far away from being a subjective concious base preference and NOT IP.

Do you have changing energy levels? It seems to me that you do and I don't see off the top of my head what's wrong with EP temperament.

You are at school yeah? What would you do if you failed your exams, would you say to yourself I was never really that interested anyway and look at lots of different opportunities? Or would you struggle to think of your next move and different options?
Haha! Alright, I understand.. Yeah, I'm not on drugs. Not illegal drugs, anyways. I do take a medication that could alter my personality a little maybe, but not much.

Can you explain what 'subjective concious base preference' means? Can you also describe the difference between an IP temperament and an EP temperament? (Anyone can take this question. )

Yes I definitely have changing energy levels. I go from lethargic to ecstatic quite a bit, but the changing process is subtle, not sudden and sporatic. I think it depends on my environment. Infact, it depends on my environment almost completely (Who I am with, where I am, how I feel, etc.)

Well, if I failed an exam I would be upset, but I'd just try harder to do better next time. I'd figure out what I did wrong and make sure I don't do it again, unless it is something I REALLY don't care about. I'd look for the oppertunities.
__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05/10/2009, 10:11 PM
JWC3's Avatar
JWC3 JWC3 is offline
The WILDCARD!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDiamond View Post
Why do I keep testing ENFp?

Ok I can actually answer this question now instead of just being a smart ass. Basically, most people see a difference in they way they behave and how they actually behave. The filter of perception causes you to test differently than you actually are.

An extreme example of this is if some one were to kill loads of people in the name of some cult or something. Society would most likely describe this person as evil where as they may view them selves as a Righteous crusader of sorts.

So for example you may see yourself as having trait X where as I may not think you have that trait. So if you were to take a test and that test asked "Do you have trait X" You would answer "Yes" where as another person describing you might answer no.

Now relating this to socionics, you test as ENFp because you think you contain traits that are descriptive of ENFps. Further more the test your referring to has some words like "Outgoing" or "Sociable" and (I assume) Uses these traits to influence jungian Dichotomies. So if you answer outgoing/sociable/ect. your result will most likely be an extroverted type. Where as such distinctions, while some times true, are not always the case. You could very easily be a outgoing and sociable IEI, and yet test as IEE using dichotomie tests because you are naturally going to select the traits related to the extroverted dichotomie despite the fact that IEI is an introverted type.

So in the end, maybe your preception of yourself really is correct and it's the test that is at fault. *shrugs*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The wisest man alive
Religion = Lawn Chairs
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05/10/2009, 11:11 PM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
Ok I can actually answer this question now instead of just being a smart ass. Basically, most people see a difference in they way they behave and how they actually behave. The filter of perception causes you to test differently than you actually are.

An extreme example of this is if some one were to kill loads of people in the name of some cult or something. Society would most likely describe this person as evil where as they may view them selves as a Righteous crusader of sorts.

So for example you may see yourself as having trait X where as I may not think you have that trait. So if you were to take a test and that test asked "Do you have trait X" You would answer "Yes" where as another person describing you might answer no.

Now relating this to socionics, you test as ENFp because you think you contain traits that are descriptive of ENFps. Further more the test your referring to has some words like "Outgoing" or "Sociable" and (I assume) Uses these traits to influence jungian Dichotomies. So if you answer outgoing/sociable/ect. your result will most likely be an extroverted type. Where as such distinctions, while some times true, are not always the case. You could very easily be a outgoing and sociable IEI, and yet test as IEE using dichotomie tests because you are naturally going to select the traits related to the extroverted dichotomie despite the fact that IEI is an introverted type.

So in the end, maybe your preception of yourself really is correct and it's the test that is at fault. *shrugs*
Yeah, I understand. I even considered that myself. I've wondered 'What if I'm picking answers that don't actually pertain to myself, but the type that I would like to be?' But, I only pick options in which I know are 100% true to myself, or very, very close.

I took another test Cyclops had posted on another thread, here are the results, This one had very interesting questions that were not generic (the kind of questions you'd find on a Jung-like test) at all

__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05/10/2009, 11:17 PM
JWC3's Avatar
JWC3 JWC3 is offline
The WILDCARD!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 217
Default

Maybe you are IEE *shrugs* I don't really think so, other than that though I would agree with your top three being SEI, SEE, and IEI. To me, types other than those three seem highly improbable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The wisest man alive
Religion = Lawn Chairs
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05/10/2009, 11:51 PM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
Maybe you are IEE *shrugs* I don't really think so, other than that though I would agree with your top three being SEI, SEE, and IEI. To me, types other than those three seem highly improbable.
Yeah, I don't know, haha. Out of the top three, I still pick IEI. It's just funny that my highest, was, again IEE. Just out of curiousity, why am I NOT IEE?
__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06/10/2009, 12:48 AM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDiamond View Post
Why do I keep testing ENFp?

Horrible scoring factor, way too high, way to clean, I would have never trusted this result if I was a test practitioner.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06/10/2009, 01:47 AM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

You seem a bit too cool and too fun to be Delta. I'm going with consensus and advising you rule out IEE
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06/10/2009, 02:26 AM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
You seem a bit too cool and too fun to be Delta. I'm going with consensus and advising you rule out IEE
Alright. What about IEI? :O
__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06/10/2009, 03:04 AM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDiamond View Post
Alright. What about IEI? :O
Dunno...

Given your posts, pictures and your test results - I'd say both IEI and SEE are likely possibilities. Alpha SF less likely.

If you know this stuff pretty well and you reckon the IEI description fits and you're happy with your understanding of the functions.

Well...If the shoe fits wear it.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06/10/2009, 03:24 AM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
Dunno...

Given your posts, pictures and your test results - I'd say both IEI and SEE are likely possibilities. Alpha SF less likely.

If you know this stuff pretty well and you reckon the IEI description fits and you're happy with your understanding of the functions.

Well...If the shoe fits wear it.
Mhm, but only if the shoe is cute! Did you see any of the videos I posted?
__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM