Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 20/08/2008, 11:36 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default Smilexian based Reinin dichotomy test

Hi, well as you know i'm somewhat skeptical of reinin based dichotomies, but i've been looking into it a little bit for some reason. I wonder if you guys could answer these four questions for me please, it would be interesting to see how the results come out and could help you with your type. I've tried to put the questions in straight forward English (hopefully.) Can you pick one option out of the four sections which applies to you most:


ONE

1A. Would you describe yourself as being quick and hasty when handling external impulses, but methodical patient and deliberate when proceeding from the basis of your own internal modes.

1B. Would you describe yourself as as being deliberate and patient when handling external impulses, and accessing your own internal modes more so like a series of quick flashes


TWO

2A. Do you find it liberating when your social position is well defined

2B. Do you find it liberating when your social position is not well defined


THREE

3A. Are you careful about doing things but careless when expressing your ideas

3B. Are you careless about doing things but careful when expressing your ideas


FOUR

4A. Are you more easily persuaded by logical arguments

4B. Are you more easily persuaded by emotional arguments

Last edited by Cyclops; 20/08/2008 at 11:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20/08/2008, 01:01 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

I should also add, that these questions will not give me your full type. This part is designed to find out if you are an extravert or an introvert.. So may be even more useful to those who aren't sure, or just curious. Good luck with the test
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20/08/2008, 02:10 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,374
Default

Well 1 is B, 2 is B, 3 is B, for 4 it depends but I would choose A.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20/08/2008, 02:21 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Well, having four questions doesn't help, not withstanding that these things seem pretty vague for typing, but the results say 50% extravert and 50% introvert. You seem less sure about the last one- which I agree with, because it's a contradiction because I think it makes more sense for T types to be persuaded by emotional reasoning and F types to be persuaded by logical reasoning, because we tend to be more sure of our own reasoning when in functions that are strongest, (but this varies depending on other factors also.)

So excluding question four you are extravert.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20/08/2008, 02:47 PM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,521
Default

I just can't see what q4 has got to do with E/I...nope, still can't.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20/08/2008, 03:30 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
I just can't see what q4 has got to do with E/I...nope, still can't.
Yeah you're right... perhaps it should be

Are you more compliant when thinking, and obstinate when feeling

OR

Are you more compliant when feeling, and more obstinate when thinking

Which (maybe) makes the difference between extroverts and introverts with logical and emotional arguments, as per this obstinate and yeilding carry-on.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20/08/2008, 04:29 PM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,521
Default

T/F in any shape or form is a no no for E/I
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20/08/2008, 04:40 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Hi, well as you know i'm somewhat skeptical of reinin based dichotomies, but i've been looking into it a little bit for some reason. I wonder if you guys could answer these four questions for me please, it would be interesting to see how the results come out and could help you with your type. I've tried to put the questions in straight forward English (hopefully.) Can you pick one option out of the four sections which applies to you most:


ONE

1A. Would you describe yourself as being quick and hasty when handling external impulses, but methodical patient and deliberate when proceeding from the basis of your own internal modes.

1B. Would you describe yourself as as being deliberate and patient when handling external impulses, and accessing your own internal modes more so like a series of quick flashes


TWO

2A. Do you find it liberating when your social position is well defined

2B. Do you find it liberating when your social position is not well defined


THREE

3A. Are you careful about doing things but careless when expressing your ideas

3B. Are you careless about doing things but careful when expressing your ideas


FOUR

4A. Are you more easily persuaded by logical arguments

4B. Are you more easily persuaded by emotional arguments
1. A
2. I don't have a social position. Undefined, I guess. Can't be 100% sure.
3. I lean more toward B.
4. I think A; I'm fairly immune to emotional appeal, IMO.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20/08/2008, 04:49 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
1. A
2. I don't have a social position. Undefined, I guess. Can't be 100% sure.
3. I lean more toward B.
4. I think A; I'm fairly immune to emotional appeal, IMO.
Thanks for trying it. If this is anything to go by, it means..
introvert (ignoring question 4 and not including question 2 as undecided)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 20/08/2008, 04:53 PM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,521
Default

Question 3 is almost S vs N, but if anything it is about being more theoretical or practical, again is quite irrelevant to E/I.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 20/08/2008, 05:37 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Thanks for trying it. If this is anything to go by, it means..
introvert (ignoring question 4 and not including question 2 as undecided)
Socially, I only want a defined position if I'll get something out of it. At work, I darned well want to know my position.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 20/08/2008, 07:00 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Question 3 is almost S vs N, but if anything it is about being more theoretical or practical, again is quite irrelevant to E/I.
using farsighted and carefree

If Extraverts are farsighted when sensory and carefree when intuitive, and vica versa for Introverts?

(as per position of and - first and second respectively for sensory for farsighted in the ego and the super ego block etc and so forth for the sensory and intuitive functions for the farsighted and carefree dichotomy.)

Last edited by Cyclops; 20/08/2008 at 07:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20/08/2008, 07:40 PM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,521
Default

You have to really work on wording then, cos in the end the wording is that what matters the most. So far it looks like N vs S
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 20/08/2008, 10:31 PM
shadowpuppet's Avatar
shadowpuppet shadowpuppet is offline
the Omniscient
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 642
Default

1A, 2B, 3A, 4A - This was a very unique questionnaire Cyclops, did you develop it?
I have yet to encounter a socionics test containing this caliber of psychological depth.
__________________

u!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 21/08/2008, 06:18 PM
chinosleep chinosleep is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Hi, well as you know i'm somewhat skeptical of reinin based dichotomies, but i've been looking into it a little bit for some reason. I wonder if you guys could answer these four questions for me please, it would be interesting to see how the results come out and could help you with your type. I've tried to put the questions in straight forward English (hopefully.) Can you pick one option out of the four sections which applies to you most:


ONE

1A. Would you describe yourself as being quick and hasty when handling external impulses, but methodical patient and deliberate when proceeding from the basis of your own internal modes.

1B. Would you describe yourself as as being deliberate and patient when handling external impulses, and accessing your own internal modes more so like a series of quick flashes


TWO

2A. Do you find it liberating when your social position is well defined

2B. Do you find it liberating when your social position is not well defined


THREE

3A. Are you careful about doing things but careless when expressing your ideas

3B. Are you careless about doing things but careful when expressing your ideas


FOUR

4A. Are you more easily persuaded by logical arguments

4B. Are you more easily persuaded by emotional arguments
1. B
2. B
3. B
4. Hmmm both really and I dont want to be a smart arse about this, I'll go with A. Logical seems more concrete? It depends on the situation. Nah I'll go with B.

All B's.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 21/08/2008, 07:30 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
using farsighted and carefree

If Extraverts are farsighted when sensory and carefree when intuitive, and vica versa for Introverts?

(as per position of and - first and second respectively for sensory for farsighted in the ego and the super ego block etc and so forth for the sensory and intuitive functions for the farsighted and carefree dichotomy.)
Is it the Smilexian element that makes it situational? I wish it was more concrete.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 21/08/2008, 07:45 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Is it the Smilexian element that makes it situational? I wish it was more concrete.
This particular approach of the function position is my take. I don't know if this ties in with Smilexian or not. I think the questions it involves a bit of introspection in a way, sort of like Shadowpuppet said. I was curious as it's use as a typing tool, it doesn't seem much use really that way, but I was curious, maybe it's more use as an observational tool or just a mental exercise for me.. , i'll hopefully post more on it in next few days or so.

Thanks again everyone for input on it. I may just put it to one side for a bit to think about it.. I'm not sure at the mo
.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 24/08/2008, 09:20 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
ONE

1A. Would you describe yourself as being quick and hasty when handling external impulses, but methodical patient and deliberate when proceeding from the basis of your own internal modes.

1B. Would you describe yourself as as being deliberate and patient when handling external impulses, and accessing your own internal modes more so like a series of quick flashes
Not sure.

Quote:
TWO

2A. Do you find it liberating when your social position is well defined

2B. Do you find it liberating when your social position is not well defined
2B.

Quote:
THREE

3A. Are you careful about doing things but careless when expressing your ideas

3B. Are you careless about doing things but careful when expressing your ideas
3A.

Quote:
FOUR

4A. Are you more easily persuaded by logical arguments

4B. Are you more easily persuaded by emotional arguments
4A.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 19/07/2009, 06:58 AM
bigwhitesquare's Avatar
bigwhitesquare bigwhitesquare is offline
Quarantined
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Can you pick one option out of the four sections which applies to you most:


ONE

1A. Would you describe yourself as being quick and hasty when handling external impulses, but methodical patient and deliberate when proceeding from the basis of your own internal modes.

1B. Would you describe yourself as as being deliberate and patient when handling external impulses, and accessing your own internal modes more so like a series of quick flashes


TWO

2A. Do you find it liberating when your social position is well defined

2B. Do you find it liberating when your social position is not well defined


THREE

3A. Are you careful about doing things but careless when expressing your ideas

3B. Are you careless about doing things but careful when expressing your ideas


FOUR

4A. Are you more easily persuaded by logical arguments

4B. Are you more easily persuaded by emotional arguments
My answers:

1: B
2: B
3: A
4: A

What exactly is each question trying to measure?
__________________
LII/INTj/, intuitive subtype, yadda yadda yadda
5w6 so/sp

Would you like you for a child?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM