Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 07/11/2008, 11:57 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkspirit1978 View Post
It's truth that the physical part without consciousness still exists but are we that physical structure?

What we truly are is consciousness and if we die even knowing that the physical part still exists what we tuly are is no more...

without consciousness the physycal structure means nothing !

It's an interesting point of view...

I think in part we are the cause not the effect...in part we are the power that predetermines the course of events.

I don't think the course of events can be considered as something completely beyond human power or control...

still...we are influenced by the law of cause and effect.

Not essential?!

Only if we are interested in becoming zombies or applying to work as puppets!

Yes, It's true!

We can be affected by changes on our fisical structure...

We are consciousness trapped in matter and we are in part physical.

Still I think that who we truly are is consciousness aware of itself, consciousness aware of it's own existence: It might be affected by changes on it's physical structure but in its essence it remains unchangeable...

I could break a leg or even lose it, but this change on my physical stucture woudn't change consciousness...my true self...

It wouldn't change my true essence!
Peoples personalities change when they have brain injuries.
Old 08/11/2008, 12:09 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Good ol' Phineas Gage.

http://www.deakin.edu.au/hmnbs/psych...ge/Pgstory.php
Old 01/12/2008, 03:42 AM

Talking Consciousness as the true essence...

Quote:
Yes...but I think their true essence, their consciousness of being remains the same: It's like a blueprint, the individual and personal sense of being...consciousness...that thing that makes us different from all the others around us: my sense of being is not your sense of being...and the sense of being of that person is not the sense of being of that other one...this type of consciousness, the true essence, it remains the same.

Please, don't hit me...I'm not worthy...
Old 01/12/2008, 12:23 PM
Gone on holiday...

I feel a certain lol @ me for posting hehe, but what about braindead people? And as I think I said earlier, the lack of conciousness when I am unconcious?
Old 01/12/2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I feel a certain lol @ me for posting hehe, but what about braindead people? And as I think I said earlier, the lack of conciousness when I am unconcious?
Braindead people are no longer here, they no longer exist. No consciousness, no existence.

Unconscious people are still here, their consciousness still exists, it is just resting or asleep.
It is still present or in existence, It is still trapped in matter, it is just latent and in a dormant state.
It might be temporarily quiet and not appearing evident to us, but it still exists and it is still active: it still dreams...and because it still exists and it is still trapped in matter, the body is still conscious and it is still working to live, and each cell is a prove of that existence and latent activity of consciousness.

Consciousness like water can take many shapes, but it's none of them...this shapes do not define it.
Old 01/12/2008, 05:59 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Braindead people are no longer here, they no longer exist. No consciousness, no existence.

Unconscious people are still here, their consciousness still exists, it is just resting or asleep.
It is still present or in existence, It is still trapped in matter, it is just latent and in a dormant state.
It might be temporarily quiet and not appearing evident to us, but it still exists and it is still active: it still dreams...and because it still exists and it is still trapped in matter, the body is still conscious and it is still working to live, and each cell is a prove of that existence and latent activity of consciousness.
This can still happen in braindead people. But you agree that the conciousness is just another part of the body, not needed for it to exist, at least where else could the logic of the discussion take us?

Quote:
Consciousness like water can take many shapes, but it's none of them...this shapes do not define it.
You could define conciousness?.. But even then.. As it stands it is just a series of electrical pulses in the brain.
Old 01/12/2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Yes...but I think their true essence, their consciousness of being remains the same: It's like a blueprint, the individual and personal sense of being...consciousness...that thing that makes us different from all the others around us: my sense of being is not your sense of being...and the sense of being of that person is not the sense of being of that other one...this type of consciousness, the true essence, it remains the same.

What is the essence?
Is it the continuation of consciousness, knowing that although you may be different to how you where a moment ago, and in a further moment you will be different still, you are still linked by that continuation?
You say on your profile that you are interested in philosophy, which philiosphies are you interested in?
Old 01/12/2008, 09:45 PM

Default No conscousness...no existence.

Quote:
This can still happen in braindead people. But you agree that the conciousness is just another part of the body, not needed for it to exist, at least where else could the logic of the discussion take us?
I think that consciousness is part of our physical structure but it is not this physical structure. I think that our cells present in our physical structure are conscious to a certain level and that therefore consciousness is necessary for our physical structure to exist.

Without consciousness the physical structure still exists but its existence is doomed. The conscious cells still present in our physical structure can not survive for much more time after the Consciousness of our brain cells stops to exist and the electrical pulses stop to occur.

Therefore no consciousness...no existence.

Quote:
You could define conciousness?.. But even then.. As it stands it is just a series of electrical pulses in the brain.
I don't think consciousness is just a series of electrical pulses in the brain. I think that consciousness is a result of this activity.

Consciousness is a sense of being.

Consciousness denotes being awake and responsive to the environment. Alertness to or concern for a particular issue or situation.It's an wareness of the self or to the environment.

Please, don't hit me...I'm not worthy...
Old 01/12/2008, 09:48 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I think that consciousness is part of our physical structure but it is not this physical structure. I think that our cells present in our physical structure are conscious to a certain level and that therefore consciousness is necessary for our physical structure to exist.

Without consciousness the physical structure still exists but its existence is doomed. The conscious cells still present in our physical structure can not survive for much more time after the Consciousness of our brain cells stops to exist and the electrical pulses stop to occur.

Therefore no consciousness...no existence.

I don't think consciousness is just a series of electrical pulses in the brain. I think that consciousness is a result of this activity.

Consciousness is a sense of being.

Consciousness denotes being awake and responsive to the environment.
awareness of the self or to the environment.
Alertness to or concern for a particular issue or situation.
yeah you could be right there dude. Thanks for explanation
Old 01/12/2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
What is the essence?
Is it the continuation of consciousness, knowing that although you may be different to how you where a moment ago, and in a further moment you will be different still, you are still linked by that continuation?
You say on your profile that you are interested in philosophy, which philiosphies are you interested in?
I think that counsciousness, the sense of being is unchangeable as long as we exist. The essence would have be consciousness...the sense of existence...

I'm interested in philosophy in general. I haven't read much about it to be able to tell you which one I'm interested in, particularly.
Old 13/05/2009, 05:26 PM

That is all perfectly true, in my opinion.

The purpose of knowing your personality on the conscious and unconscious levels is part of being and becoming more self aware, which is a part of being, a part of wholeness, spiritually speaking.

We are more than personalities, we are the way in which we relate to our own personalities and the personalities of others, and the processes of change that this brings about, shaping who we are and the worlds we live in.