Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 13/06/2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Of course I have met some such persons, but they can only correctly be said to be "in the middle" according to your dictionary definition, which is totally irrelevant when we are discussing the types and what extraversion/introversion really is (as a biological phenomenon).
Tell this to millions of people who are ignorant on the subject of functional definition.
Old 13/06/2008, 05:10 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Tell this to millions of people who are ignorant on the subject of functional definition.
My understanding of Jung's Extraversion/Introversion dichotomy is that we all do both, but which label we fall under depends on which we prefer most.
Old 13/06/2008, 05:13 PM
Gone on holiday...

Prom, I've read some of that stuff, and i've got a book in the house which talks about how people react to different stimulus by pathways of the brain, which is looking to correspond with extraversion and introversion.

Dunno, I mean, if you see an introvert acting like an extravert, how are you supposed to measure their brain functions over a cup of coffee or whatever your doing when the two or more of you are interacting.

Last edited by Cyclops; 13/06/2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 14/06/2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
The temperaments are much more useful and accurate (as a typing tool) than the quadras.
The correspondence of the descriptions of the temperaments with your personal real life observations is stronger than the correspondence of descriptions of the quadras and the descriptions of your personal real life observations? Therefore the descriptions of the temperaments are more accurate/useful (for you personally)?
Old 14/06/2008, 04:38 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
The correspondence of the descriptions of the temperaments with your personal real life observations is stronger than the correspondence of descriptions of the quadras and the descriptions of your personal real life observations?
No, they are equally strong. Of course they both correspond perfectly with my real life observations of the types. But the temperaments are much more easy to determine correctly than the quadras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration
Therefore the descriptions of the temperaments are more accurate/useful (for you personally)?
No, the temperaments are more useful as a typing tool for everyone -- including you.
Old 14/06/2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
No, they are equally strong. Of course they both correspond perfectly with my real life observations of the types. But the temperaments are much more easy to determine correctly than the quadras.
Equation marks between both are equally strong and strength of equation marks correspond with your real life observatons. Why is the corrspondence between the temperaments and the real types more easy to determine correctly, compared to the analogue of quadras?

Quote:
No, the temperaments are more useful as a typing tool for everyone -- including you.
Yeah. Give me more of your shit will you.

It is a little bit annoying but SG could easily straighthen this up. He has little time for this so I guess we have to solve the problem on our own (In the same time thanking SG for this opportunity to discuss new things and also cursing him for not caring (though this can be anticipated for the INTj behaviour, this does not mean it will be forgotten or excused for example) .

Last edited by Vibration; 14/06/2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 14/06/2008, 09:16 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Why is the corrspondence between the temperaments and the real types more easy to determine correctly, compared to the analogue of quadras?
Because the temperament can be observed directly in each individual. The quadra can not be observed directly.
Old 14/06/2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Because the temperament can be observed directly in each individual. The quadra can not be observed directly.
= I can directly observe temperament in each individual. I can not observe the quadra directly.

If you are right then you are probably S rather than N, and probably Se.
TiSe or SeTi. Probably TiSe. What an upgrade! This calls for a celebration!
Old 14/06/2008, 11:46 PM
House Robot

Quote:
= I can directly observe temperament in each individual. I can not observe the quadra directly.
No. The temperament is an objectively observable feature of the type. The quadra is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration
If you are right then you are probably S rather than N, and probably Se. TiSe or SeTi. Probably TiSe.
You know that what you say here is pure bullshit, so why do you say it? Do you want to demonstrate that you are not Serious and therefore Merry -- and thus indirectly demonstrating that one of the Reinin dichotomies is a directly observable aspect of a person's behaviour?
Old 14/06/2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
what do you mean by directly ?
Old 14/06/2008, 11:50 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
what do you mean by directly ?
You see it with your own eyes when you look at the person acting. You can also determine the temperament by measuring energy levels over an extended period of time.
Old 15/06/2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
You see it with your own eyes when you look at the person acting. You can also determine the temperament by measuring energy levels over an extended period of time.
So in other words....VI IRL.

But quadra energies too are observeable...albeit never the final answer. Sometimes if you have somebody narrowed down to one or two types, bingo, take a look at their quadra energy dispositions and that gives you further support or denial. Also that depends on how good the observer is at understanding the systematic connections of the quadra energies...and how fast one can answer (thru VI IRL) Whats the INTj's 3rd function, his eight now, now his 5th etc etc.....or how about that ESFj there whats his 2nd, now is he acting upon the insights of his 7th, now his logic is back to dominant Fe.. etc.etc.
Old 15/06/2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
You know that what you say here is pure bullshit, so why do you say it? Do you want to demonstrate that you are not Serious and therefore Merry -- and thus indirectly demonstrating that one of the Reinin dichotomies is a directly observable aspect of a person's behaviour?
Interesting. Where did you get that idea from? You start to sound exactly like me here! Are we calibrating each others symbols now or what? Or are we the same type?

But why are you more interested in the dots than the imaginary pattern they represent? Because you learned that the dots are real/objective and the N lines between the dots are just imagination?

Anyway, it must feel strange to go against your natural inclination.
Old 15/06/2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:

But why are you more interested in the dots than the imaginary pattern they represent? Because you learned that the dots are real/objective and the N lines between the dots are just imagination?

Anyway, it must feel strange to go against your natural inclination.
I think i said the same thing earlier only with different words.

A dot preference is an S preference. Proms liking of the various coinage of objectivity which he chooses to use----you'd think that to be a T preference.
As far as i can see, and i don't have to look far, this is an ST preference.

So strange,in deed, it musty feel.

Quote:
over an extended period of time.
I agree. You cant jump to conclusions too soon. It would be nice if you could, but there's always an exception to look out for.

Last edited by kensi; 15/06/2008 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15/06/2008, 01:58 AM

Quote:
I think i said the same thing earlier only with different words.

A dot preference is an S preference. Proms liking of the various coinage of objectivity which he chooses to use----you'd think that to be a T preference.
As far as i can see, and i don't have to look far, this is an ST preference.

I agree. You cant jump to conclusions too soon. It would be nice if you could, but there's always an exception to look out for.
What do you prefer doing: dotting the i's or crossing the T's?
Old 15/06/2008, 02:01 AM

Default Hot dogs

Quote:

I think Prom is an exception to look out for. Few people understand him. I guess that moldy mustard must catchup with his future.
Old 15/06/2008, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
What do you prefer doing: dotting the i's or crossing the T's?
Perceivers prefer to cross T's cause the process is vey fluidic,
judgers prefer to just dot the i's and say get it the heck over with.

i think you know what i like.
Old 15/06/2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Perceivers prefer to cross T's cause the process is vey fluidic,
judgers prefer to just dot the i's and say get it the heck over with.

i think you know what i like.
Maybe you prefer crossing the i's?
Old 15/06/2008, 02:43 AM

Quote:
when i'm holding a teddy-bear or when i let him down?
Old 15/06/2008, 03:29 AM

Quote:
or maybe it is just in the i's of the beholder?

/Etna.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

Last edited by Vibration; 15/06/2008 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost