Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 28/05/2006, 07:49 PM

Default Let\'s get some visual identification

So here it is: I've been back and forth between INTp, ENTp, and even the more subdued (low-energy) breed of ENFp and I keep getting more and more confused. Perhaps it's time for some outside opinions. Here's a couple photos that might help. If you have any questions about my personality, go ahead and shoot...

Old 28/05/2006, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Let\'s get some visual identification

I realized that it might help to post a picture without me smiling or making a goofy face (extraverted intuition?) Here's yet another side of Chris:

Old 28/05/2006, 09:45 PM

Since video is supposed to help with visual identification:
Video of me
Old 29/05/2006, 12:40 AM

Can't get the video only the sound
Old 29/05/2006, 12:42 AM

okay, I'll try posting a different format... do you have the latest version of quicktime?
Old 29/05/2006, 12:50 AM

video in mp4
Old 29/05/2006, 04:26 AM

Nope
Old 29/05/2006, 04:57 AM

Sorry about that!

Again

This one's a regular (not streaming) quicktime video. I don't know what the problem is, but I assume you're using Windows, which may be the problem... if that didn't work, here's one in .avi format.

After all that, I hope it's a useful video!
Old 29/05/2006, 01:11 PM

God knows... gamma? more intp then maybe?
Old 29/05/2006, 05:50 PM

I agree, I think you look INTp.
Old 29/05/2006, 06:39 PM

I'm not familiar with this "gamma" business. Where could I learn about it? Also, is there a page describing the different shapes (black square, white L, etc.) that everyone keeps throwing around?

Do you guys have certain tricks you use to identify different types, or is it mostly based on experience? On the V.I. test I can generally tell who's S and N, and some of the faces are pretty obvious (isfp) but it's hard to find a consistent thread for, say, judgers (although the eyebrows seem to give it away sometimes.)
Old 29/05/2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Also, is there a page describing the different shapes (black square, white L, etc.) that everyone keeps throwing around?
Here you go:

- Ti
- Te
- Fi
- Fe
- Ni
- Ne
- Si
- Se
Old 03/06/2006, 01:06 AM

Now I'm thinking it might be INFp... isn't the INFp's quest in life to understand one's self? I've realized that I'm likely either an INTp who really hated being an engineer and would rather devote his life to helping people, or an infp who puts a lot of stock in intelligence and doesn't share his emotions well.

Something that kept me from moving to the F side was the notion that feelers were necessarily less interested in knowledge and had lower IQs, but I came across a site the other day that claimed that INFps were one of four types most likely to have very high IQ scores: Liberty Corner Blog. I assumed that with SAT scores of 1420 (97th percentile) I must be an NT (even though my Verbal score was higher than Math by 20 points!)

Anyway, let me know what you think. Does my photo line up with an INFp (that is, if you even know any INFps)?
Old 05/03/2008, 09:41 PM

Hey im new to this site.Glad to hear that you think just like me.Ive been having a hard time finding an intp who doesnt think his purpose of life was to be sat behind a computer
I am weighing up career choices too and although I think I would find a quiet solitary challenging vocation very comfortable; i suspect that by the end of my life I would have prefered to work on becoming more "complete",meaning to have strenghtened our type`s weak funtions and become more compassionate,warm,benign,empathetic.. or like socionics would say,reconciliate with our hidden agenda (to love other beings),and follow the path of integration (enneagram)

there's the fact that I believe we only live once and I believe a life or values like lets say,those of an ISFp,will lead us to the pinnacle of a fulfilled life.And since we ll spend most of our time at work,i would prefer an occupation that`s also on spiritual growing and maturity

"isn't the xxxx`s (any type`s) quest in life to understand one's self? I've realized that I'm likely either an INTp who really hated being another engineer and would rather devote his life to helping people, or an infp who puts a lot of stock in intelligence and doesn't share his emotions well"
In Matrix (zen budhism adaptation to hollywood) terms : Would you have chosen the blue pill and know more about the truths behind what you`ve been believing as a "successful" life? or the red pill continueing being just another beautiful gear of this system that society imposed on us when we were defenseless inocent children? and made us believe what is important.birth,school,work,money,car,wife,house,g ood bye.replay
i doubt i would want to go be another laborer serving capitalism..If we pride ourselves of "seeing the big picture",we should be able to trascend limitations.just think of an esfj who wouldn listen to deep stuff.now think that in reality you are not too far away when you are just trying to fit in.we already are "anormal" anyways.let them do their part and we are free to make even more difference.its our particular calling.Afterall,all advances has been made by looking for new ways of thought.
i wish i could see more intp`s out of their comfort zone (programming cubicles)
so im wondering what did you choose for a living?
Old 16/04/2008, 07:45 PM

Default I can't tell

But, the 'p' seems obvious and your pictures and plain-spoken posts suggest 'E' more than 'I'. Right now I would say ENFp.
Old 27/05/2008, 07:35 AM

Default the answer

there's no doubt to me that ur either an entj or an intp (one is a mirror of the other) i'd say ur more likely entj
Old 02/06/2008, 04:09 AM

Red face Vive Laissez-Faire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamagedExtravert View Post
and made us believe what is important.birth,school,work,money,car,wife,house,g ood bye.replay
i doubt i would want to go be another laborer serving capitalism..If we pride ourselves of "seeing the big picture",we should be able to trascend limitations...Afterall,all advances has been made by looking for new ways of thought.
I hope that you are not an advocate of communism, as your opportunities for novel thought and unhindered vision would be greatly diminished in that system, your labor pirated and replaced with those very objects that industrial workers, those that once collectively 'lacked' material capital, had envied...
Old 06/06/2008, 08:49 PM
the Omniscient

After all, this isn't 'socionomics'

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.