Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 11/04/2008, 02:26 PM

Default INFj Thread...

So because it is so rare to be an INFj... I want to feel less by myself on here.. let's talk about what it's like to be INFjs.

I only learned about my classification today.. but in a typical INFj fashion I am already building..

I network.. that's what I do.

Hmm... in regards to being an INFj..
So I have always felt a bit confused about why I appear so extroverted but feel so introverted.. today I read that it is bc my type is so interested in the welfare of others. Wow.

So.. I have started this thread.. I hope others of my type or ppl who have insight on this type will take the time to share with me.

I found out that it is typical for INFjs to have oval heads.. and as I recall almost all of my drawings as a child were oval headed ppl.

Last edited by amai007; 11/04/2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11/04/2008, 09:08 PM
Gone on holiday...

I believe my best friend to be INTj. I'd say he's oval headed actually I've noticed a look about INTj's that seems to around the eyes and nose. It's hard to explain but they've kind of got slightly watery eyes and often a thin, sometimes slightly beaked nose.

I've known him for years and i've only seen him get annoyed, but then only slightly, just the once. He's makes for an excellent listener, always organised, dependable, unassuming and makes a good family member..
Old 11/04/2008, 10:41 PM

Organization is something that I lack. Which is not characteristic of INFjs.

I like things to be in order but I tend to get really involved with myself and my projects.. sometimes I forget to clean my home.

Unless I am in a relationship I don't think much about shaving my body hair. I do shave.. but it is far from a priority.

I suppose it is valid to assume that though my personality type is INFj it does not mean I should fit completely cookie-cutter tight.. lol

I am hoping to meet more INFjs and see what they are like.. observe their minds..

Anyway.. thanks for your response!
Old 19/05/2008, 12:20 AM

Hi there!

As an INFJ, I live in my head a lot, I like one on one interaction as opposed to group type of things. I am an artist, and do call myself a professional flounderer. haha. I always joke about making up a business card with the words "professional flounderer" on it, because I can't figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

My biggest pain about being this personality type is my interpersonal relationships. I wish I could not be so sensitive with friendships, but I am. It's hard for me to meet people, and people always peg me as different. It probably didn't help with me growing up as an only child too.

I do have friends, and have one friendship now that I consider to be close - but it would be nice to have a just a bit more of a circle of friends.

Anyway, while I love being an INFj - there are some pain in the butt attributes I'm not fond of - such as - being so hard on myself! I always have to tell myself not to be so intense....

Nice meeting everyone on here. I'm so glad I found this site.

- Ronal
Old 19/05/2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronal74 View Post
Hi there!

As an INFJ, I live in my head a lot, I like one on one interaction as opposed to group type of things. I am an artist, and do call myself a professional flounderer. haha. I always joke about making up a business card with the words "professional flounderer" on it, because I can't figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

My biggest pain about being this personality type is my interpersonal relationships. I wish I could not be so sensitive with friendships, but I am. It's hard for me to meet people, and people always peg me as different. It probably didn't help with me growing up as an only child too.

I do have friends, and have one friendship now that I consider to be close - but it would be nice to have a just a bit more of a circle of friends.

Anyway, while I love being an INFj - there are some pain in the butt attributes I'm not fond of - such as - being so hard on myself! I always have to tell myself not to be so intense....

Nice meeting everyone on here. I'm so glad I found this site.

- Ronal
Hey from your description I could be INFj! What an upgrade!
Old 19/05/2008, 10:47 PM

Hmmm, I just saw your profile as an ENTP - and one of my most favorite people in the world is one - so don't change! I wouldn't call it an upgrade....

Ronal
Old 09/06/2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amai007 View Post
appear so extroverted but feel so introverted.
INFJ's are dominantly introverted feelers (and have introverted thinking), but they also have dominant extroverted sensing, extroverted intuition.

Comparing to INFP's, they have introverted sensing, introverted intuition, but then they have extroverted feeling and extroverted thinking.
Old 09/06/2008, 06:09 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresto View Post
INFJ's are dominantly introverted feelers (and have introverted thinking), but they also have dominant extroverted sensing, extroverted intuition.

Comparing to INFP's, they have introverted sensing, introverted intuition, but then they have extroverted feeling and extroverted thinking.
Se is the INFj's weakest point. I wouldn't call it dominant. They're not great with Ti, either. It looks like you're taking this from the MBTT stand.