Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 09/08/2010, 01:01 AM

Default Is it common between ENFps......?

Is it common between ENFps to behave in- sometimes- martyr-like way to catch attention from other people??

and do they hardly admit when they are wrong??

Last edited by serag; 09/08/2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13/08/2010, 01:29 AM

Eh..... we can be martyr-like but for me it's not only for attention-seeking reasons. I have deep logic behind the way I act.

I can admit to being wrong if the other person doesn't lord their "rightness" over me. It's all in the presentation.
Old 17/08/2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
Eh..... we can be martyr-like but for me it's not only for attention-seeking reasons. I have deep logic behind the way I act.

I can admit to being wrong if the other person doesn't lord their "rightness" over me. It's all in the presentation.

My ENFp has martyr tendencies. She has a way to take blame for anything she did not do or can not have controlled, but she will NOT appologize when the mistake was her fault. Drives me nuts (ENFp's do that).
Old 18/08/2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISTPJIM View Post
My ENFp has martyr tendencies. She has a way to take blame for anything she did not do or can not have controlled, but she will NOT appologize when the mistake was her fault. Drives me nuts (ENFp's do that).
ENFps may be more likely than some other types to act this way, but I think it has a lot to do with immaturity. I know many types that, in less mature stages, never like to admit they've made a mistake. ISTJ is one, especially. (I have an ISTJ sister, thank goodness we've both matured, we used to be at each other's throats when we were little! Now I love her and we are best friends.) Honestly, taking responsibility or admitting to a mistake is a difficult thing to do, it takes some growing up before we're able to do it.

Old 22/08/2010, 01:34 AM

I think that I definitely used to do the martyr thing, but I havn't resorted to that in a long time.
I think since I've started studying Socionics, I've realised that most of my conflicts are due to misunderstandings, so instead of assuming that everyone else can see why things are unfair for me, I resort to diplomacy to try and relinquish my views and those of the thing causing the problems for me. If the situation won't change still, I keep feelings of martyrdom that I may get to myself now, because it's something that I can't change at that moment. But sometimes I'm too busy trying to process whether or not I am right in those feelings to actually act on them.

Maybe my life is just too easy now?
lol
Old 04/09/2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serag View Post
Is it common between ENFps to behave in- sometimes- martyr-like way to catch attention from other people??
Hm, could you elaborate on what exactly you mean by "martyr-like to catch attention"? Or at least offer a couple more examples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serag View Post
and do they hardly admit when they are wrong??
Perhaps, sometimes, maybe, depends... Although, a couple of examples of other types come to mind too.