Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 24/02/2010, 10:22 AM
Gone on holiday...

Default ISTp + and -

http://www.socionics.com/advan/prof/istp.htm

-ve points: "You possess a great deal of scepticism, which stems from your own experiences. This manifests itself in a pessimistic view towards your future. It often causes depression and despondency and leads to apathy, both in your personal and professional life. Your weakness is an inability to show your real feelings to others and because of this others may think that you are a cold and indifferent person. You try to deal with your problems alone. You can be very sensitive to the lack of positive emotions, rude behaviour or tactlessness towards you."

I would say that all of these parts have applied to me at some point in my life, i've always been curious about the last part:

"You can be very sensitive to the lack of positive emotions, rude behaviour or tactlessness towards you."

As i've wondered if this is a manifestation of Fe valuing, especially being sensitive to the lack of positive emotions, which I can be. Or perhaps it is something else not related to functions?
Old 25/02/2010, 03:20 PM

Huh... Well, as far as the positive emotions goes, that does sound almost Fe-valuing to me as well. I'm not sure what to think of it.
Concerning rude behaviour and tactlessness: I wonder a bit if this is a matter of perspective. For example, my SLE dad may say something that my ESI sister and I find awfully rude or offensive, but my IEI brother will think it is funny. Or I will say something and I honestly think I am simply pointing out the truth, and my dad will think I am being rude by being "defiant and disrespectful" or something.
Old 26/02/2010, 09:37 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
Huh... Well, as far as the positive emotions goes, that does sound almost Fe-valuing to me as well. I'm not sure what to think of it.
Concerning rude behaviour and tactlessness: I wonder a bit if this is a matter of perspective. For example, my SLE dad may say something that my ESI sister and I find awfully rude or offensive, but my IEI brother will think it is funny. Or I will say something and I honestly think I am simply pointing out the truth, and my dad will think I am being rude by being "defiant and disrespectful" or something.
Yes, it's an interesting one.

Some of the ISTp's i've known, presuming i'm typing them right, I recall a male ISTp I used to work with, I noticed that he would attempt to engage people in polite or pleasant conversations. What sort of interested me was that he didn't seem to be able to guage when the other person was busy or wasn't interested in what he was saying, so maybe the sensitivity to positive emotions is a sort of reflection of this.

I suppose as well, from talking to him, when someone got a bit peeved with him and said so, he was sort of a little bit at a loss, which could be the lack of Fe (PoLR, not much creativity within it), that he was powerless to do something about it.

I've noticed something similar in myself, so observing him was a useful tool in a way for myself.