Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 09/01/2011, 08:08 AM

Default finding your dual?

so as I'm here reading some threads I find myself asking how is it that I can spot my dual...and I don't mean right away... how can I as an enfp figure out if the person I am talking to is my dual and what are perhaps are good questions I could ask them and what responses or hints should I look for... I am surrounded by my conflictors super egos and my identity's...Im really intrigued by the idea of finding my dual and seeing if a relationship with my dual would truly be as good as I've heard others have made it sound...as much of a daydreamer as I am, I believe I am realistic too...so I realize that duality doesn't always mean it's going to work out...I also would love to be able to visually identify that would be so useful in my situation considering in my culture talking to opposite gender is not as easy as walking up to them and starting a convo

So yeah...
Old 11/01/2011, 04:45 PM
Gone on holiday...

Look at Jean Gabin, David Cameron, Gerard DuPont, and the little cartoon drawing of ISTp in the ISTp description and see if you can spot something about how they look, they've got a stereotypical ISTp appearance.
Old 14/01/2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Look at Jean Gabin, David Cameron, Gerard DuPont, and the little cartoon drawing of ISTp in the ISTp description and see if you can spot something about how they look, they've got a stereotypical ISTp appearance.

hmmm thank you =)
Old 19/03/2011, 12:26 AM

I'm enfp and have been with my dual for years.

Istp's are not how you would imagine from reading the profile. They can be quite loud and a little obnoxious (alot obnoxious too) but in a funny way that you will find funny. Others will be offended but you naturally get that he was being funny. He'll appreciate you for this.

They carry themselves with confidence. They have a manly way of walking. I used to joke at mine that he walks like John Wayne. That was before I knew about Socionics and it turns out John Wayne is one too!

He'll treat you as a person and not just a girl. He'll want to be friends before he will want a relationship( that should cancel out a high percentage of men you meet!)

Let me think, what else....

Ask him if his room is messy. If he's istp it will be.

Ask him if he has an xbox or playstation. If he has never even owned one in his whole life, chances are he's not istp. (unless of course he lives in sub- saharan Africa, and has never heard of such wonders)

You might not be wowed straight away. I didn't notice mine at first. Not in a bad way though, I saw him as a person before I saw him as a romantic interest. Plus I was going out with someone else when I met him so I just saw him as a friend. We got on like a house on fire the first night we met. Our eyes met across the dancefloor. Ha ha, well not really, more like he was out of his head on mdma and was blinking like a idiot. I thought "look at the state of him, he's out of his head" and started blinking over at him. Over he comes to me and says " Don't take this the wrong way but, what the **** is wrong with your eyes? " Hypocrite! lol.

So yeah, if you notice someone who's confident yet goofy you could have an istp on your hands. Good luck in your search, it will make you laugh and cry and everything in between and you'll be a better enfp for it, That I can promise you.
Old 17/05/2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChechnya View Post
so as I'm here reading some threads I find myself asking how is it that I can spot my dual...and I don't mean right away... how can I as an enfp figure out if the person I am talking to is my dual and what are perhaps are good questions I could ask them and what responses or hints should I look for... I am surrounded by my conflictors super egos and my identity's...Im really intrigued by the idea of finding my dual and seeing if a relationship with my dual would truly be as good as I've heard others have made it sound...as much of a daydreamer as I am, I believe I am realistic too...so I realize that duality doesn't always mean it's going to work out...I also would love to be able to visually identify that would be so useful in my situation considering in my culture talking to opposite gender is not as easy as walking up to them and starting a convo

So yeah...
This is a tricky topic. There won't be any 'correct' thing to say that will just trigger your dual. The key to the theory is that if you be yourself, and naturally demonstrate your strengths and confidence, your dual will sort of gravitate towards you. The thing is this is kind of a slow process - it takes time and repeated contact to make a dual relationship work in the first place.

As for determining the possible ISTp's around you, here are some behaviors typical of an ISTp that you may be able to use to identify:

-ISTps are very grounded people. They are people who focus deeply on their surroundings, reducing tension and creating comfort as they see fit. Thus an ISTp's demeanor is naturally very quiet and relaxed.

-Often moreso than other introverted types ISTps tend to stray away from situations involving many people they do not know. They are not talkative with acquaintances, nor will they take the initiative to acquaint themselves, but prefer to stick with people they are already comfortable with. Maybe you can use this as an indicator.

Realistically you probably have a good handful of dual relationships already that you aren't immediately aware of. Like I said duality is tricky and can elude you since it involves such natural compatibility. Keep your eyes peeled, good luck!

Tags
duality, enfp, istp