Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 25/05/2010, 08:24 PM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemaldonado View Post
Success is more important to me. I'd rather be known to have accomplished something than to have power over people.

How do you feel about compassion and empathy towards people?
Have you turned into a whole nother person suddenly? I feel the hint on ESTj seeping through now. But then, maybe not; IDk.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 25/05/2010, 08:31 PM
natemaldonado natemaldonado is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 60
Default

I'd rather be successful, I already know how to get what I want out of people. I'd rather aspire to be CEO or a top of the food chain guy or hot shot lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarman View Post
How do you feel about compassion and empathy towards people?
Have you turned into a whole nother person suddenly? I feel the hint on ESTj seeping through now. But then, maybe not; IDk.

I'm not empathic, I can fake it..

Last edited by natemaldonado; 25/05/2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 25/05/2010, 08:34 PM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemaldonado View Post
I'd rather be successful, I already know how to get what I want out of people. I'd rather aspire to be CEO, than say a doctor though..
I'm not empathic, I can fake it..
Yeah, a lot of things make you a solid ESTp

Now, all that's left to do is to find your Dual (match)...lol. She will be the p version of me...lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 25/05/2010, 09:33 PM
FSG FSG is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 32
Default

Here where I live ESTPs are generally very much physically like him. They workout a lot and take steroids to get muscle mass. They shove people who are on their way. I said xSTP by the pics because of my own theory that types which value muscles and working out that much are mostly ISTP and ESTP and the latter even more. An xSTJ would be less likely to have the patience to workout a lot, since hes more focused on T rather than S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
Hey! Take care that Fe in Ego is the most concerned about aesthetics, not Si, think about ISTp/SLI compared to INFp/IEI. I think this is important to warn about.
Pinocchio, what exactly do you mean? Youre trying to say that Fe has more to do with Aesthetics (as beauty of concrete objects and persons) than Si?

I disagree, Fe is emotions and can be concerned with aesthetics for the emotional tone they give, but pure raw aesthetics in and of itself is Sensory.

INFPs value aesthetics by the emotional tone they produce, the dramatic colours and things like that. ISTPs value beauty by the sheer sensory sense of beauty. Former values aesthetics as expression of emotion and art, kater values it because it is simply nice looking, without any emotional content involved.

Last edited by FSG; 25/05/2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 25/05/2010, 10:45 PM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSG View Post
Here where I live ESTPs are generally very much physically like him. They workout a lot and take steroids to get muscle mass. They shove people who are on their way. I said xSTP by the pics because of my own theory that types which value muscles and working out that much are mostly ISTP and ESTP and the latter even more. An xSTJ would be less likely to have the patience to workout a lot, since hes more focused on T rather than S.



Pinocchio, what exactly do you mean? Youre trying to say that Fe has more to do with Aesthetics (as beauty of concrete objects and persons) than Si?

I disagree, Fe is emotions and can be concerned with aesthetics for the emotional tone they give, but pure raw aesthetics in and of itself is Sensory.

INFPs value aesthetics by the emotional tone they produce, the dramatic colours and things like that. ISTPs value beauty by the sheer sensory sense of beauty. Former values aesthetics as expression of emotion and art, kater values it because it is simply nice looking, without any emotional content involved.
When did you get to be so exceptional at Socionics?
When ESTj's start working out, they can drive themselves to do it for a very long time and be very driven about it. An ESTj friend runs many marathons and wakes up to work out at 5am
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 26/05/2010, 03:21 AM
bigwhitesquare's Avatar
bigwhitesquare bigwhitesquare is offline
Quarantined
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSG View Post
im also addicted to music. so thats why im quite sure theres Si in my ego block.
I doubt that's type related.
__________________
LII/INTj/, intuitive subtype, yadda yadda yadda
5w6 so/sp

Would you like you for a child?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 26/05/2010, 03:53 AM
FSG FSG is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarman View Post
When did you get to be so exceptional at Socionics?
When ESTj's start working out, they can drive themselves to do it for a very long time and be very driven about it. An ESTj friend runs many marathons and wakes up to work out at 5am
Maritsa, I often get obsessive about things and people. I got obsessed with the Enneagram for the past few years. Then I met a person who knows quite a lot about Socionics and I got obsessed about Socionics so I spent a lot of time reading about it. Then of course I have my own theories which are mostly based on logics. But I did not get exceptional at Socionics, no way. Just beggining. I cannnot even type myself correctly... this guy here just happened to look so much ESTP that it was quite obvious and the only other possibility I took seriously was ISTP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhitesquare View Post
I doubt that's type related.
Maybe not, yes. As I said I consider only 3 types for me, all of which are ST: ESTj, ISTp and ISTj.

Last edited by FSG; 26/05/2010 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 27/05/2010, 08:32 PM
natemaldonado natemaldonado is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Found a test where it said exclude work personality, and am 90% confident, I'm a ISTP.

Smiling picture = My good old friend in town, headed back, why not?

I am aggressive with a chick yet, if she wants to rush anything, I back off. Example, girl dropped L-bomb within our first two hangouts and I dropped the progression on that situation.

I can talk smack at competition, but I usually hold back until my actions back it up.

If I'm in my room, I really don't like to be bothered.

Don't like being told what to do, or those wasting time on dumb details.

I know when a girls into me, but I process whether or not she'd fit in my lifestyle before I do pursue.

I have acquired social skills and business empathy(fake) because I work at a bank and its a necessity for career growth.

I don't like small talk or expending energy keeping up with random peoples lives, and have been known to walk right by people without saying anything to them, unless I have a point to in public.

Very protective of my friends and sibling; no one messes with me when my temper blows.

Cousin started crying and I can only help and stand and kind of smile for no reason.

At the gym, I don't socialize unless I see one of my good friends there. I have things to do.

Generally listen more than talk.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 27/05/2010, 08:37 PM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemaldonado View Post
Found a test where it said exclude work personality, and am 90% confident, I'm a ISTP.

Smiling picture = My good old friend in town, headed back, why not?

I am aggressive with a chick yet, if she wants to rush anything, I back off. Example, girl dropped L-bomb within our first two hangouts and I dropped the progression on that situation.

I can talk smack at competition, but I usually hold back until my actions back it up.

If I'm in my room, I really don't like to be bothered.

Don't like being told what to do, or those wasting time on dumb details.

I know when a girls into me, but I process whether or not she'd fit in my lifestyle before I do pursue.

I have acquired social skills and business empathy(fake) because I work at a bank and its a necessity for career growth.

I don't like small talk or expending energy keeping up with random peoples lives, and have been known to walk right by people without saying anything to them, unless I have a point to in public.

Very protective of my friends and sibling; no one messes with me when my temper blows.

Cousin started crying and I can only help and stand and kind of smile for no reason.

At the gym, I don't socialize unless I see one of my good friends there. I have things to do.

Generally listen more than talk.
Smiling pictures don't say anything of a person's type; I felt originally that you were stashing some values under the covers; I want to ask again, what do you value when it comes to other people? What things, when others do attracts you to them and makes you say "wow, I really love that quality or trait in that individual." What are your weaknesses?

Yeah, the above points you away from ESTp. Maybe we were not clear about what you meant by the word aggression.

Second part of my hilight points to Fe PoLR.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 27/05/2010, 08:54 PM
natemaldonado natemaldonado is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarman View Post
Smiling pictures don't say anything of a person's type; I felt originally that you were stashing some values under the covers; I want to ask again, what do you value when it comes to other people? What things, when others do attracts you to them and makes you say "wow, I really love that quality or trait in that individual." What are your weaknesses?

Yeah, the above points you away from ESTp. Maybe we were not clear about what you meant by the word aggression.

Second part of my hilight points to Fe PoLR.
Aggression as in, I'm not afraid to approach and not afraid to move things physically a long.

I admire strong people(think Vin Diesel in Fast and the Furious) who aren't afraid to stand up to anyone. Mike Singletary is a guy, I respect, cause he takes control of his team and doesn't allow the bullshit, while putting down those who don't fit into the team mindset.(look up his youtube video about I want winners)

Weakness, I push people away who try to get to close. My same buddy said I'm a stone because I don't let myself fall for anyone..
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 27/05/2010, 09:01 PM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemaldonado View Post
Aggression as in, I'm not afraid to approach and not afraid to move things physically a long.

I admire strong people(think Vin Diesel in Fast and the Furious) who aren't afraid to stand up to anyone. Mike Singletary is a guy, I respect, cause he takes control of his team and doesn't allow the bullshit, while putting down those who don't fit into the team mindset.(look up his youtube video about I want winners)

Weakness, I push people away who try to get to close. My same buddy said I'm a stone because I don't let myself fall for anyone..
Yes, that would indeed confirm you as ISTp; ESTp's have no problem in loving and approaching object of affection for long term and immediate establishment of relations; both, or in my opinion all ST types have this strength about them that most NF types lack and that is why they are paired with each other, for the dual, balance effect of the polar personalities. I believe cyclops would be the best person to explain to you what Fe PoLR is like and how it manifests, from a first hand experience or account of that function.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 27/05/2010, 10:14 PM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSG View Post
Maritsa, I often get obsessive about things and people. I got obsessed with the Enneagram for the past few years. Then I met a person who knows quite a lot about Socionics and I got obsessed about Socionics so I spent a lot of time reading about it. Then of course I have my own theories which are mostly based on logics. But I did not get exceptional at Socionics, no way. Just beggining. I cannnot even type myself correctly... this guy here just happened to look so much ESTP that it was quite obvious and the only other possibility I took seriously was ISTP.



Maybe not, yes. As I said I consider only 3 types for me, all of which are ST: ESTj, ISTp and ISTj.
ESTj's get obsessive feelings about people or situations that bother them and won't leave them alone, causing stagnation in their work, loss in spirituality for novel ideas, and laziness, because what happends is that with T types the function that sufferes in a stressful circumstance is F, causing an obsessive pattern where they repeat the same feelings within themselves about a situation or a person, over and over again.

The opposite happends for F type; they get obsessive thoughts that bother them and won't leave them alone; thoughts like "did I do this right? how could I have done it differently? would people around me see me as a different person? was I nice enough?"

Obsessive feelings are much like feelings, they arise and fall back inside of you, making you uncertain of your own feelings about things and convoluting your feelings so you don't know what to feel for who.

@Nate:

The PoLR function is the 4th function in a person and here is a wikisocion link to SLI/ISTp description...

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SLI
__________________

Last edited by MDarman; 27/05/2010 at 10:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 27/05/2010, 10:27 PM
stanprollyright's Avatar
stanprollyright stanprollyright is offline
The Looks
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by natemaldonado View Post
Aggression as in, I'm not afraid to approach and not afraid to move things physically a long.

I admire strong people(think Vin Diesel in Fast and the Furious) who aren't afraid to stand up to anyone. Mike Singletary is a guy, I respect, cause he takes control of his team and doesn't allow the bullshit, while putting down those who don't fit into the team mindset.(look up his youtube video about I want winners)

Weakness, I push people away who try to get to close. My same buddy said I'm a stone because I don't let myself fall for anyone..
Yes, that would indeed confirm you as ISTp;
Nate's passage is pretty obviously Se-valuing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarman View Post
ESTp's have no problem in loving and approaching object of affection for long term and immediate establishment of relations;
What the tits are you smoking? SLEs are Fi-PoLR. They don't know shit about how to approach relationships.
__________________
So this one time me an' my bes' frien' Stan, we went to a church service. That preacher was talkin' 'bout hell. So Stan leans over to me an' he says, "I bet hell is like a PoLR hit every day."

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 27/05/2010, 10:35 PM
felafel's Avatar
felafel felafel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
SLEs are Fi-PoLR. They don't know shit about how to approach relationships.
um, their duals seem to like their magic all right . just now, for instance, i'd very much like to be ESTp
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 27/05/2010, 10:38 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

ISTps are good at relations lol
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 27/05/2010, 11:30 PM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
Nate's passage is pretty obviously Se-valuing...



What the tits are you smoking? SLEs are Fi-PoLR. They don't know shit about how to approach relationships.
Seems more Fe PoLR because the is paralyzed when people display emotions and he doesn't know what to do except to just stand there and smile...I have known ESTp's and they tend to be more outwardly affectionate when such display of emotions is made, because they value Fe.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 28/05/2010, 12:30 AM
natemaldonado natemaldonado is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Would you elaborate on Fe PoLR for me?

It's not that I am paralyzed its, I don't feel the need to get sucked into their emotional state..
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 28/05/2010, 12:52 AM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemaldonado View Post
Would you elaborate on Fe PoLR for me?

It's not that I am paralyzed its, I don't feel the need to get sucked into their emotional state..
That's exactly it; It's not that you don't have emotions or that you don't understand the emotional states of others, it's that when other's "lure" you into emotional state, you either don't respond or don't want to get into them but I have known ISTp's who like it when they show emotions, for others to empathize with their concern. Fe PoLR comes out when people expect a certain return on their emotions, like when they are sad for you to be sad along with them, and you end up not giving in. I think this is because your primary functions are T logic and plus the Si, which beconds you to respond you what personally makes you feel good and comfortable as opposed to being "distrubed" (which may be caused by Fe or those who show Fe). "SLIs see no reason to get worked up about things. They tend to condemn people who do not control their emotional displays and "fly off the handle." ... If someone has chewed them out in an emotional way just once, they tend to hold this incident against the person for years." -I have known ISTp's to be very sensitive to their own personal feelings when other's are rude or disrespectful to them and often pass up or devalue the individuals who are not particularly kind and considerate to them.

Contrast this to Fi PoLR in SLE and the result is that Fi PoLR, who can't sense that someone is emotional until they show visible signs of crying; like, if you sit next to someone, and ISTp can sense that the person is sad and will ask that person why they are sad, they don't need huge dramatic display of crying (which is what SLE want and what SLI don't want) to find out what's going on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 28/05/2010, 01:11 AM
felafel's Avatar
felafel felafel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 208
Default

Nicely put, Maritsa
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06/06/2010, 05:27 AM
CrashingDiamond CrashingDiamond is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 109
Default

Containing urge to say something very mean.
__________________
(‿‿) - Fwee!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM