Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 18/02/2010, 11:19 AM
Gone on holiday...

Default ISFP's

I'm seriously beginning to think that carrying a little bit of extra weight and having dyed blond hair should be added to identifying ISFp-Si's.

Oh, they don't seem to smile so much, yet they convey emotion still, weird, sort of emo-tion.
Old 18/02/2010, 02:09 PM

Not sure what can be called "extra weight", all SEIs I know are at least a bit round.
Then, a peculiarity I talked about: they have "fatty" palms, meaning a small ratio between the length and the width. Short-looking and meaty fingers, never thin and pointy. So not necessarily that their palm is small, but "podgy".

I saw other types with this body constitution, but never an SEI (and ESE) without. So far.

About dyeing, one SEI woman I know uses to dye her hair regularly, the rest have the natural colour, this maybe relates to the environment.
Old 18/02/2010, 02:24 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
Not sure what can be called "extra weight", all SEIs I know are at least a bit round.
Then, a peculiarity I talked about: they have "fatty" palms, meaning a small ratio between the length and the width. Short-looking and meaty fingers, never thin and pointy. So not necessarily that their palm is small, but "podgy".
Well, off the top of my head, there was a poster here Chinosleep, who - if had a subtype, would be ISFp-Fe (which is what he typed himself as), and was quite slim. He was part philipino though, it seems their consitution is like that. I suppose the reasoning behind it is that less focus on their Si, less focus on the comfort things like eating and munching junk food on the couch at night, they're a little more animated.

I'd probably class Sarah Chalke as an ISFp-Fe (if not, at least a balanced type).

Not that I particularly want to start relating socio-types to body shapes, but I do think there does seem to be a little bit of correlation. Off the top of my head, thinking of female ESE's, they tend to have meaty palms, and are usually mesomorphic build. ISFp's leaning more towards the endomorphic, ISFp-Fe's more so ectomorphic.

An ESE I know, she is Pictish origin (a 'race' of Scotland), anyway, they tend to be big boned in comparison to others, but she has sort of podgy hands - although large, maybe more so meaty hands still, she is jokingly known as "shovel mits".

I mean by extra weight - a bit round.

Quote:
I saw other types with this body constitution, but never an SEI (and ESE) without. So far.

About dyeing, one SEI woman I know uses to dye her hair regularly, the rest have the natural colour, this maybe relates to the environment.
I think it could be a culture thing, seems to be popular with the girls in the UK to die their hair blonde, may just be co-incidence, but I keep seeing SEI's with dyed blonde hair in a similar style.

Anyway, when i've seen it, it reminds me a little of the Celts of ancient Gaul (France), who would die their hair white-blonde with limestone. Funny, as Britain is predominantly a Celtic nation, it seems things really do go in and out of fashion.....
Old 18/02/2010, 03:45 PM

I dated a really skinny one.

Although, there was a definite roundness to the facial structure, not in a fleshy fat way, just the way the cheekbones and chin are positioned and shaped.

I've noticed that when ISFp do smile though, it's like their whole face lights up. It is a very involved and charming smile

Last edited by ENTroP; 18/02/2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18/02/2010, 05:45 PM

Yeah I'm usually thinking bout the whites.

Indeed it's not necessarily about meaty palms and fingers, bot usually short and delicate. I type Johnny Depp as SEI, he has pretty thin fingers, but that typical short palm. Check this image for a comparative example:

Check also Greta Csatlós - I type her as SEI, ok sexy, but pretty short legs - at least this is how it appears to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cONuLrEwu98 And of course, short palms.
Old 18/02/2010, 06:37 PM
Gone on holiday...

She's sexy but, ... ISFp's can sometimes have a bit of a ... skanky look about them that doesn't always do it for me.

On the palm thing, it occured to me just now that Paul Simon appears to have such palms, i've typed him SLI but maybe he's SEI.

I'll have a think about some more of the SEI's and look at the hands thing while i'm rambling my way through some point tomorrow.
Old 18/02/2010, 06:46 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I'm seriously beginning to think that carrying a little bit of extra weight and having dyed blond hair should be added to identifying ISFp-Si's.
I can take for sure that both intuitive and sensing people can carry extra weight. Just look around
Every day we meet thin sensing people and just the opposite fat intuitive. Judging on the type by someone appearance can lead to wrong decision. All factors should be taken into account. But, actually there is one interesting observation. Sometimes extra weight looks fine for sensing person and rather edematous for intuitive. Their skin hangs while those of sensors looks nice
Old 18/02/2010, 07:24 PM

I personally don't think weight and type are correlated at all...

If so, it is a very weak correlation.
Old 18/02/2010, 07:49 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUcome.ME View Post
I can take for sure that both intuitive and sensing people can carry extra weight. Just look around
Every day we meet thin sensing people and just the opposite fat intuitive. Judging on the type by someone appearance can lead to wrong decision. All factors should be taken into account. But, actually there is one interesting observation. Sometimes extra weight looks fine for sensing person and rather edematous for intuitive. Their skin hangs while those of sensors looks nice
I'm aware that there's different people, different builds of any type. I'm not looking to actively define anything in this thread, it's more a sort of meandering conversation to give me a little distraction every so often while i've been at work.

However, if there happens to be some correlation, then i'd consider that type a possibility, but i'd dismiss it if necessary if and when other information about the person came to light when I actually interacted with them (or observed them more, if they are a celeb).

However, from a functional point of view, it would make at least some sense if Si ISFp's were a little more rotund than Fe ISFp's in general (taking aside personal genetics), due to the slightly different focuses they have on their lifestyles.
Old 18/02/2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I'm aware that there's different people, different builds of any type. I'm not looking to actively define anything in this thread, it's more a sort of meandering conversation to give me a little distraction every so often while i've been at work.

However, if there happens to be some correlation, then i'd consider that type a possibility, but i'd dismiss it if necessary if and when other information about the person came to light when I actually interacted with them (or observed them more, if they are a celeb).

However, from a functional point of view, it would make at least some sense if Si ISFp's were a little more rotund than Fe ISFp's in general (taking aside personal genetics), due to the slightly different focuses they have on their lifestyles.
Hmm. I understand your reasoning. My experience with the super skinny SEI was that she seemed to eat very little, because she was busy experiencing the world. Also, many foods were too much for her to handle, and she preferred tasty but (to me) bland foods.

E.g. no spicy stuff, coffee, or anything else that she considers "yucky", good example of this is parmesan cheese, which literally makes her sick (not allergic either, just really disgusted by it on a visceral level).

Almost like a sensory overload, if you will. Also consistent with this was her hypersensitivity to touch.

Also, I agree with your typing of the singer, Mihai.
Old 18/02/2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:

Is this an SEI/ISFp hand by any chance? lol, this is one option that I am strongly considering for the owner of this extremity! http://www.socionics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=122.

If someone could please point me to a website which gives descriptions of hands and fingers I would be interested and thankful, as I myself happen to have the ugliest, wrinkliest, hands ever and perhaps by some weird chance this has been linked to a personality type then my type would be solved as these ugly hands of mine are definately one of my most distinctive features.
Old 19/02/2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
Is this an SEI/ISFp hand by any chance? lol, this is one option that I am strongly considering for the owner of this extremity! http://www.socionics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=122.

If someone could please point me to a website which gives descriptions of hands and fingers I would be interested and thankful, as I myself happen to have the ugliest, wrinkliest, hands ever and perhaps by some weird chance this has been linked to a personality type then my type would be solved as these ugly hands of mine are definately one of my most distinctive features.
That hand looks massive to me with the fingers having a "club" feel, I saw at more friends. Reminds me of an ex-colleague in highschool which I typed INFj (girl) and two friends ENFj and INTp (males) - the INTp had a sort of fungi and had "buried" fingernails but the same finger shape.

Suzzy, the hand stuff were my observations, I'm not typing by them and I don't know if they're written on some websites, they might not be even accurate - as of sample. I tend to think that it's true, I found SEIs in many areas and as far as I remember they were all around the same about this, though I typed them by the behaviour/attitude and the rest you know.
Old 19/02/2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
That hand looks massive to me with the fingers having a "club" feel, I saw at more friends. Reminds me of an ex-colleague in highschool which I typed INFj (girl) and two friends ENFj and INTp (males) - the INTp had a sort of fungi and had "buried" fingernails but the same finger shape.
Cool cause that's what my hand looks like too. Just add more wrinkles! No rings can fit on our fingers! We are not taking them to the manicurist!
Just the hand in the photo is often caught in the lolly jar which is an SEI/ISFp's fav thing to do so I have read. In fact this hand belongs to one of my daughters - Blondecoffee/Hannah and we are very alike but also have some differences though not huge.

Quote:
Suzzy, the hand stuff were my observations, I'm not typing by them and I don't know if they're written on some websites, they might not be even accurate - as of sample. I tend to think that it's true, I found SEIs in many areas and as far as I remember they were all around the same about this, though I typed them by the behaviour/attitude and the rest you know.

Sorry don't mean to be rude but I can't help but laugh...hehe...the thought of typing by hands is hilarious but also awesome at the same time! If you or anyone else does in fact ever find it on a site etc you must post it. I know my hands are the ugliest and like you said MASSIVE hands and add wrinkles on and ick! If thats' INFj hands I am glad that not too many of them exist!
Old 19/02/2010, 09:28 AM

@Suzzy: hehe. That would be cool, yeah. Maybe the Russian communities have more such resources.

This was my ex-highschool colleague that I typed INFj, the pictures are nowdays, I took them from our group website:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../misc/uta1.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../misc/uta3.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../misc/uta2.jpg
Old 19/02/2010, 09:48 AM
Gone on holiday...

As a perhaps random observation, this sort of thing reminds me in a vague way of palmistry, which apparently pupports to read a persons future life, as well as character.
Old 19/02/2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
@Suzzy: hehe. That would be cool, yeah. Maybe the Russian communities have more such resources.

This was my ex-highschool colleague that I typed INFj, the pictures are nowdays, I took them from our group website:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../misc/uta1.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../misc/uta2.jpg
Hi mihai_m, thanks for the photo links of your INFj acquaintance. i must say that her hands look a little bit prettier than mine do! Lol. I can see facial features somewhat similar to mine in this photo in particular.
Old 19/02/2010, 11:22 AM

Hmmm......i think i should be offended....my hands look like clubs? and are quite big? i know they are not the prettiest, but still.....hahaha nah, its all good.

When this photo was taken i was in hospital, and hooked up to an IV to keep the fluid entering...but the nurse saw my hand and started worrying the fluid was all building up in my hand...then she saw my other hand to compare and then looked shocked but slightly relieved. haha she didnt speak english, but i could tell what she was thinking. i found the whole thing very funny.

But yes, would be extremely interesting if there was some relation between hands and personality types. However, i do think same as body types that types cannot be stereotyped by such and there is always variation. But very possible that some types are drawn to certain physical characteristics like bigger hands, or bleaching their hair, or rounder faces.
Old 19/02/2010, 02:08 PM

Hehe... seeing that hand I simply had a flashback to that girl. I don't know what triggered it, the shape + colour + hair direction, dunno, I simply had her while writing in mind.
I was not closed to her or something neither I had special interest, simply that image remained in my mind . She was hanging around with another girl I typed as SLI (nicknamed "Bruce Lee" or "Zenga" because of her boyish hair and attitude).

@BC: sorry about that, I just could not find prettier names. I described the hand with something I found similar. I'm not into describing shapes .
Old 20/02/2010, 10:19 AM

Watched Weird Science last night Pretty sure Kelly LeBrock is ISFp

http://www.google.com/search?q=kelly+lebrock
Old 20/02/2010, 10:43 AM

Smile

lol no not offended at all Mihai M...im afraid i know my hands are not the prettiest....but its not my fault, all thanks to suzzy i think. GRRRR!!! hehehe

and btw, do many ppl believe that there is a correlation between types and the way they walk? i hear ENFp can sometimes walk like ducks and INFj's are quite flat footed. Dont know how much credibility these theories have, so was wondering if anyone knew from persoanl experience or research.

thanks!