Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 06/06/2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
No but I did verify it with multiple tests; I also retook some of them and answered differently where I was not absolutely sure and scored the same.
I did the same, I got ISTP or INTP.

Are you as self-confident as an MBTI INTJ is?

Last edited by complicater-complexer; 06/06/2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 04:26 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
I did the same, I got ISTP or INTP.

Are you as self-confident as an MBTI INTJ is?
Yes I am. Are you?

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 06/06/2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Yes I am. Are you?
No, but sometimes yes a lot. I swing between the two extremes.
Old 06/06/2008, 04:41 PM
the Omniscient

I figure that even if I am not sure of the specifics I am open enough to the possibilities and can define the framework of reference to the point that I am confident to interact.

u!

Quote:
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 06/06/2008, 04:56 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I realize that in socionics, much more than in MBTT, type is determined by the social hierarchy I mean perceptions of others and relationship tendencies...what do you think I am?
You may have a point there. A few people have commented that Prom and I seem similar. fwiw on my part, I just want you to find your right type rather than any sort of hierarchy
Old 06/06/2008, 05:25 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
You may have a point there. A few people have commented that Prom and I seem similar. fwiw on my part, I just want you to find your right type rather than any sort of hierarchy
Yeah I know I was just kidding, and I appreciate it that you share your understanding of socionics with me. You and Prom sometimes seem similar in the way you express yourselves, but I don't know either of you well enough yet to make further associations.

u!

Quote:
Old 06/06/2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah I know I was just kidding, and I appreciate it that you share your understanding of socionics with me. You and Prom sometimes seem similar in the way you express yourselves, but I don't know either of you well enough yet to make further associations.
Do you get the feeling that I and Cyclops look similar?
Old 06/06/2008, 05:30 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
They're both Te-creative (2nd function), Fe-PoLR (4th), Fi-HA (6th), and Ti-demonstrative(8th). So maybe that's what you are picking up?
Old 06/06/2008, 05:32 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Do you get the feeling that I and Cyclops look similar?
The only similarities I see is that your avatars (and Prom's) seem like they are related to the Wild Wild West. However I have never seen a picture of Cyclops, and I do not advocate VI (yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
They're both Te-creative (2nd function), Fe-PoLR (4th), Fi-HA (6th), and Ti-demonstrative(8th). So maybe that's what you are picking up?
I am not familiar enough yet with PoLR, but I may have Fe there too so I am not sure.

u!

Quote:
Old 06/06/2008, 05:33 PM
Gone on holiday...

I've been compared to two INTp's but what's been said is that I seem more grounded in the practical than them.
Old 06/06/2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
The only similarities I see is that your avatars (and Prom's) seem like they are related to the Wild Wild West. However I have never seen a picture of Cyclops, and I do not advocate VI (yet).

I am not familiar enough yet with PoLR, but I may have Fe there too so I am not sure.
No I mean my behaviour and the way I talk or interact on this forum.
Old 06/06/2008, 05:35 PM
House Robot

Quote:
I haven't chosen my avatar. I dont' know if I will be permitted to choose one when I (hopefully) get a new title after a certain number of total posts.
Old 06/06/2008, 05:38 PM
Omnomnom

I believe I changed mine early on. Are you sure it requires a certain number of posts?
Old 06/06/2008, 05:40 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
I've been compared to two INTp's but what's been said is that I seem more grounded in the practical than them.
That certainly seems plausible.

Quote:
No I mean my behaviour and the way I talk or interact on this forum.
You both exhibit typical here-and-now 'S' traits and a penchant for thought and perception...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I haven't chosen my avatar. I dont' know if I will be permitted to choose one when I (hopefully) get a new title after a certain number of total posts.
So you didn't pick the cowboy raising two revolvers? SG has over 2000 posts and he is still a senior member; I think that Trans and WMWK had theirs changed for a specific reason.

u!

Quote:
Old 06/06/2008, 05:45 PM
House Robot

Quote:
I believe I changed mine early on. Are you sure it requires a certain number of posts?
I think it was some kind of such title system in use when I started to post on this forum. Maybe things has changed now. I think that I had to come up to 500 posts or so before I could choose my own title.

Now that I think about it, I think he must have changed the title system. Every title had some connection to the Wild West before. Now it seems more boring.
Old 06/06/2008, 05:53 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I think it was some kind of such title system in use when I started to post on this forum. Maybe things has changed now. I think that I had to come up to 500 posts or so before I could choose my own title.

Now that I think about it, I think he must have changed the title system. Every title had some connection to the Wild West before. Now it seems more boring.
I see.

You know, for some reason, I'm hearing INTjwurm as INTj-"vurm". I think it's the "wu" instead of "wo".
Old 06/06/2008, 05:55 PM
Gone on holiday...

@cc and shadowpuppet,

do you find that you can offend someone without realising that you've done it, or that they can sometimes make a mountain out of a molehill out of something you've said which you think isn't really that bad?

Quote:
I see.

You know, for some reason, I'm hearing INTjwurm as INTj-"vurm". I think it's the "wu" instead of "wo".
I've sometimes wondered if that's the way SG talks as I think people from Ukraine can put an emphasis on W's being V's. At least thats what they said in the latest Indy movie. Somehow that came back to me.

Last edited by Cyclops; 06/06/2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 05:55 PM
Omnomnom

Huh. He's Ukrainian? Didn't know that.
Old 06/06/2008, 06:02 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
I see.

Wurm was the 1st boss in the original Gameboy version of The Legend of Zelda, essentially a giant worm.

Quote:
@cc and shadowpuppet,

do you find that you can offend someone without realising that you've done it, or that they can sometimes make a mountain out of a molehill out of something you've said which you think isn't really that bad?
Absolutely, but I usually pay it little mind, or find it uninteresting and forget unless I am planning to continue interacting with the insulted or if I realize the insult myself...as I am usually irritated by impatient pleas for attention (especially from pets), I sometimes disregard the offense as if that was all it was...

u!

Quote:
Old 06/06/2008, 06:04 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Wurm was the 1st boss in the original Gameboy version of The Legend of Zelda, essentially a giant worm.
Ah. That would make sense. Video game nerd?