Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 11/06/2008, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
They should make a socionics video game where each type has different strengths and weaknesses (PoLR), and they all battle for supremacy...you could have subtype matches/quadrant championships, etc.
That would be AWESOME . I cant wait to assemble my team. Unfortunately some idiot would come up with a cheat code where a certain type is invincible and ruin it all!.........we better shut up and get a patent cause sure enough somebody will some day.
Old 11/06/2008, 02:51 AM
the Omniscient

Are you saying that NiFi tears down interpersonal bridges? I tend to do that a lot, I like to cover my tracks and aim for the upper hand...

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 11/06/2008, 02:54 AM
Omnomnom

Myers-Briggs. Myers-Briggs. Not the same.

Directed at Kensi, not you, Shadowpuppet.
Old 11/06/2008, 02:57 AM
the Omniscient

Good, b/c I could have spent my whole life trying to figure that one out.

u!

Quote:
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 11/06/2008, 02:59 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Good, b/c I could have spent my whole life trying to figure that one out.
Arse. I assume you were being sarcastic.
Old 11/06/2008, 03:00 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Arse. I assume you were being sarcastic.
Maybe, maybe not. What's the difference? (the italics not your assumption)

u!

Quote:
Old 11/06/2008, 03:02 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. What's the difference? (the italics not your assumption)
I don't quite understand. The difference between what?
Old 11/06/2008, 03:03 AM
the Omniscient

Myers-Briggs.

and

Myers-Briggs.

?

u!

Quote:
Old 11/06/2008, 03:04 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Myers-Briggs.

and

Myers-Briggs.

?
Oh. He's bringing Myers-Briggs into Socionics again. I was emphasizing my displeasure, shall we say. But I withheld the newspaper.

I was pulling a Ne again: knowing what I was saying and not bothering (in this specific case) to connect the dots for others. I assumed he'd know what I was talking about.
Old 11/06/2008, 03:20 AM
the Omniscient

Oh...I totally misread that...thanks.

u!

Quote:
Old 11/06/2008, 03:26 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Oh...I totally misread that...thanks.
No problem.
Old 11/06/2008, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Oh. He's bringing Myers-Briggs into Socionics again. I was emphasizing my displeasure, shall we say. But I withheld the newspaper.

I was pulling a Ne again: knowing what I was saying and not bothering (in this specific case) to connect the dots for others. I assumed he'd know what I was talking about.
Stop over-stereotyping ! You sure like to have support when you talk...is that an Fe thing? .............i dunno i'd rather not over-stereotype that way.
Old 11/06/2008, 03:30 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
Stop over-stereotyping ! You sure like to have support when you talk...is that an Fe thing? .............i dunno i'd rather not over-stereotype that way.
What am I over-sterotyping? And what is this about support?
Old 11/06/2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
What am I over-sterotyping? And what is this about support?
You're about as lost about that comment as i am about the myers briggs one, what was that for ........and the jumping we've been doing from that other thread
Old 11/06/2008, 03:35 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
You're about as lost about that comment as i am about the myers briggs one, what was that for ........and the jumping we've been doing from that other thread
Read what I'm quoting.
Old 11/06/2008, 12:04 PM
House Robot

Quote:
This assertion is respectable in its attempts but it is ridiculous to stereotype somebody or some type to that extreme......
No, it's not. That's exactly what we should do in order to see the differences more clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi
People are a mix of different energies.
That's a ridiculous statement on the other hand. It is totally trivial, and it has nothing to do with Socionics or the types.

Quote:
But that is the biggest bunch of crap i've ever heard about distinguishing a mirror type. Mirrors are quite hard to distinguish especially if there are intratim and extratim considerations to take into account.
Your ignorance and utter stupidity are now starting to assume such enormous proportions that we simply have to put an end to it. The most reasonable way is for you to start to study so that you will not have time to spread so much misinformation and total crap around you.

Mirrors are extremely easy to distinguish, especially for the person himself, who, for some totally incomprehensible reason is in doubt between two such types. And the differences I listed are only relevant in relation to ENTjs and INTps. They are not meant to be true for all Mirror constellations.

Quote:
------there's a reason they're called Mirrors. I think you're thinking more along the lines of a Contrast relationship. In these relationships it is rather obvious....hence the word Contrast.
I strongly suggest that you take a nap and then go back to your study chamber. And then study, study, study, study, study, study until you have cleaned your brain from all the mumbo-jumbo you have put there.
Old 11/06/2008, 03:44 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
what'd the16types say about this video and your type in general (I'm too lazy to use my Te at this point and go check out the other thread myself). Except for the inductive reasoning reference you made which is more INTj. But I like all your arguments/discussion/observations about skepticism even though I don't adhere to the philosophy of being skeptical of everything.
+1 for Alpha Quadrant

My overall take is Alpha NT > Gamma NT.

I think that throughout this thread, the way that you have described things -- your desires, aspirations, what frustrates you, your answers to my questions -- all consistently are said in a sort of observer's role, kind of detached from what it is that you're describing. I find that through your written words and your spoken word that you describe things more as an observer rather than as a participant, i.e. in a socionics sense, I hear very little or no anecdotal or personal experience in an sort of way of describing things. If anything is described that might relate to you, it is still analyzed and broken down objectively and from a sort of psychological distance.

I purposely proposed my question in such a way that allowed you to answer the question in a very natural, open-ended way. And what I've found, in a general sense, is that you primarily described the content of the videos and effectively analyzed what was said, then supplied your opinion, but it was done in a very "here are the facts about what he has said about ____" sort of way. I'm not sure if it was intended this way, but, it was almost like the question of "what do you find you relate to about this person" was almost like an afterthought. What was more paramount to you was
what he talked about and how what he thought compared to what you thought, and doing a side-by-side checklist sort of thing about points he made and why or why not it is correct.

I fail to see -valuing like I would see in Gamma NTs.

Put it another way, compare your manner of speech and way of describing things to user niffweed17.

I find that when niffweed generally describes things, it rings more (at least to me) as a very subjective point of view base, but supplying objective facts to make his case, more described in such a way where you can kind of hear or see him directly involved and immersed in what he describes. Whereas when you are describing things, I see a more objective point of view, detaching yourself or personal feelings from what you describe, and I can almost visualize you as a narrator or apart from the event or principle which you describe.

I think the quadra values for Alpha are more consistent than with Gamma.

I have seen no evidence to suggest or valuing anywhere in your speech. I have seen plenty of , , and I even have seen a bit of in you. I think your is most evident in how you express yourself and what you have been asked.

This is just my opinion of course, but this is what I have seen of you thus far. If I had to venture further about which Alpha NT, I think INTj makes a lot of sense to me.

u!

Quote:
Old 11/06/2008, 07:35 PM
the Omniscient

One of the pro-Gamma guys changed his mind too:

after seeing that last video, I have more questions than answers about your type, unfortunately. (Sorry for not seeing it for a couple days--these have been busy ones for me, for better or worse...)

The last video was helpful though--thanks for making it... You seem cool.

To sum up, I believe that it's more likely you're INTx than ENTx... If you want me to go into it I will... However, to know your exact type, it would be helpful--for me, anyway--to discern whether you value Fe or Fi. (I admit, from those first couple of videos, I can't tell at all.)

u!

Quote:
Old 11/06/2008, 07:36 PM
Gone on holiday...

Hi Shadowpuppet, I'm not saying this analysis is off (or on) the mark but it raises some questions..so thought I'd go through some of it quickly and you may decide you want to go back and get the info clarified:

My overall take is Alpha NT > Gamma NT.

Ok.

I think that throughout this thread, the way that you have described things -- your desires, aspirations, what frustrates you, your answers to my questions -- all consistently are said in a sort of observer's role, kind of detached from what it is that you're describing.

Aren't INTp's often described as 'The Observers'?

I find that through your written words and your spoken word that you describe things more as an observer rather than as a participant, i.e. in a socionics sense, I hear very little or no anecdotal or personal experience in an sort of way of describing things.

If you are looking for Fi, it's possible that it's not showing because it's a seeking function. If I was INTj you would probably see it more because it's my role function.

Sounds to me like Shadowpuppet is an F -> Fe suppressor which is why your not picking up on F? Which is more of an argument for INTp than INTj in the context of what is visible.

If anything is described that might relate to you, it is still analyzed and broken down objectively and from a sort of psychological distance.

As INTp's do

I purposely proposed my question in such a way that allowed you to answer the question in a very natural, open-ended way. And what I've found, in a general sense, is that you primarily described the content of the videos and effectively analyzed what was said, then supplied your opinion, but it was done in a very "here are the facts about what he has said about ____" sort of way.

That sounds like Te - here's the facts?

I'm not sure if it was intended this way, but, it was almost like the question of "what do you find you relate to about this person" was almost like an afterthought. What was more paramount to you was
what he talked about and how what he thought compared to what you thought, and doing a side-by-side checklist sort of thing about points he made and why or why not it is correct.

Because your (Shadowpuppet) doing a logical analysis?

I fail to see -valuing like I would see in Gamma NTs.

Put it another way, compare your manner of speech and way of describing things to user niffweed17.

I find that when niffweed generally describes things, it rings more (at least to me) as a very subjective point of view base, but supplying objective facts to make his case, more described in such a way where you can kind of hear or see him directly involved and immersed in what he describes. Whereas when you are describing things, I see a more objective point of view, detaching yourself or personal feelings from what you describe, and I can almost visualize you as a narrator or apart from the event or principle which you describe.

I think Shadowpuppet could be said to be similar to Jonathan who's an INTp

I think the quadra values for Alpha are more consistent than with Gamma.

Not on the basis of what's been said?

I have seen no evidence to suggest or valuing anywhere in your speech. I have seen plenty of , , and I even have seen a bit of in you. I think your is most evident in how you express yourself and what you have been asked.

Keeping in mind he then goes on to suggest Te in later posts.

This is just my opinion of course, but this is what I have seen of you thus far. If I had to venture further about which Alpha NT, I think INTj makes a lot of sense to me.

From these arguments?

(Haha, Shadowpuppet I sort of went through this answering as me and sometimes answering as you..in a strange sort of way incase it was like you were posing some questions of the analysis..I'm not saying Tereg is incorrect, but these arguments are suggestive to INTp more so, at least on basis of my inquiries. So don't know if you wanna ask..but hey..hope this helps bro )

Last edited by Cyclops; 11/06/2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11/06/2008, 07:41 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
One of the pro-Gamma guys changed his mind too:

after seeing that last video, I have more questions than answers about your type, unfortunately. (Sorry for not seeing it for a couple days--these have been busy ones for me, for better or worse...)

The last video was helpful though--thanks for making it... You seem cool.

To sum up, I believe that it's more likely you're INTx than ENTx... If you want me to go into it I will... However, to know your exact type, it would be helpful--for me, anyway--to discern whether you value Fe or Fi. (I admit, from those first couple of videos, I can't tell at all.)
Hm. I'm F. Which do you appreciate about me more, Fe traits or Fi traits?