Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 06/06/2008, 04:57 PM

But don't put poison in the ear like did the uncle of Hamlet to his brother.
Old 06/06/2008, 04:57 PM
Omnomnom

It would be the ultimate rest.
Old 06/06/2008, 05:00 PM

Yeah, lol.
Old 06/06/2008, 05:07 PM
Gone on holiday...

Kanerou, this is primarily designed for kensi but you can try it too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Kensi, here is a test which may or may not (!) help, could you answer the following:

1. Are you proactive or do you wait for things to happen?
2. Do you find that you entertain people easily?
3. Do you feel it's up to you to initiate contact with others or do you feel it's up to other people to do this?
4. When initiating contact, are you quite happy to do this or would you still maybe prefer others to do it?
5. Are you impulsive?
6. Do you find it difficult to relax unless you are tired?
7. Do you tend to have roughly the same energy levels all day or does it change drastically over the course of the day?
8. Are you quick to take action?
9. Do you fidget a lot?
10. Do you take things as they come?

Also, could you arrange these activities and outlooks in order of interest, starting from most interesting to least interesting:

Spiritual, Sports, Clubbing, Philosophical, Gossip, Families, Humanitarian issues, Cooking, Parties, Music, Literature.
Old 06/06/2008, 05:12 PM
Omnomnom

Go back up a few posts. Or several.
Old 06/06/2008, 05:16 PM
Gone on holiday...

I am only seeing RSV3's
Old 06/06/2008, 05:19 PM
Omnomnom

Just for the heck of it.
1. When you first walk into a room, are you thinking about how comfortable the room is or how beautifully/tastefully furnished it is? Neither.

2. When you start a new job are you thinking more about the pay/benefits/location or more about where the job will lead you in life (i.e., advancement opportunities, etc.)? Pay, benefits, and location.

3. If you had planned a holiday, but then had to put the money you were saving for the holiday to another use, would you… still go on the vacation and find new ways to finance the vacation or would you not go on the vacation? Knowing me….probably try to find new ways.

4. If someone asked you to describe the weather in your town, would you be more likely to generalize the weather (e.g., it always rains here) or give the weather trend (it’s been getting warmer every day)? Generalize…as much as one can here.

5. If someone came up to you and knew nothing about socionics and asked you about it and what you thought their type was, would you rather describe to them what socionics is in general or would you rather try and figure out and tell them their type? Describe Socionics in general. Why tell someone their type when they don’t even understand the system?

6. If people are discussing a problem on a thread, are you going to be more sensitive to the overall emotional tone of the thread and try and improve it, or are you going to be focused on solving the problem that is being discussed? The emotional tone.

7. When you are reading someone’s post, are you more likely to first notice the positive/strong points made in the post or the negative/weak points in the post? Depends on how I feel about the person. But possibly the weak points.

8. When making conclusions, do you prefer to use concepts that you have formed as an individual or do you prefer to use concepts that have been formed as a group of people? Probably the group concepts.

9. Are you better at multitasking or focusing on just one single task. Multitasking.

10. When solving a problem, do you see yourself as part of the process or do you see yourself as manipulating the process from the outside with more attention focused on the actual result? Manipulating the process from the outside.

11. When you post, is your writing more of a dialogue with a number of questions for other users, or are your posts more of a monologue, where you just make statements and do not really ask for others input?
I’d say dialogue.

Pulled down.

Hey, C-C. Were you serious about being constantly upset?

Last edited by Kanerou; 06/06/2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06/06/2008, 05:24 PM
Gone on holiday...

Yeah you've answered RSV3's not mine? Have you got something against my test?
Old 06/06/2008, 05:38 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Yeah you've answered RSV3's not mine? Have you got something against my test?
Oh, yours. Hold on.

1. Are you proactive or do you wait for things to happen? Generally, I wait. But it depends.
2. Do you find that you entertain people easily? They would probably say so.
3. Do you feel it's up to you to initiate contact with others or do you feel it's up to other people to do this? Depends on the situation.
4. When initiating contact, are you quite happy to do this or would you still maybe prefer others to do it? If merely to say something, I donít always care. Although really, if someone just came up and started talking, Iíd be unsettled. But eventually grateful, perhaps, depending on where things went.
5. Are you impulsive? Me?
6. Do you find it difficult to relax unless you are tired? Even when I am tiredÖ
7. Do you tend to have roughly the same energy levels all day or does it change drastically over the course of the day? Which time of day? I think my energy is somewhat steady, save spikes and some dips. But I donít get enough sleep.
8. Are you quick to take action? Nope, just to react.
9. Do you fidget a lot? Yup.
10. Do you take things as they come? Yeah.

Also, could you arrange these activities and outlooks in order of interest, starting from most interesting to least interesting:

Literature/ Music
Gossip
Cooking
Parties
Families
Philosophical
Clubbing
Humanitarian issues
Sports
Spiritual (upkeep)

I care about my spiritual life, but I canít say active upkeep has been a priority. More like reflecting on where Iím not and where I should be. I donít know where Spiritual (reflection) would fit, but I do it pretty often.

Last edited by Kanerou; 06/06/2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 06:09 PM
Gone on holiday...

OK I had to think again to remember what the questions meant lol.

ok..interesting.. I'm not sure if you're going to like the answer..
Old 06/06/2008, 06:10 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
OK I had to think again to remember what the questions meant lol.

ok..interesting.. I'm not sure if you're going to like the answer..
Tch. Go ahead anyway. *reminds herself never to shoot the messenger*
Old 06/06/2008, 06:13 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Tch. Go ahead anyway. *reminds herself never to shoot the messenger*
Well my friend Reyne!, I know you've been thinking of INFp and ENFp, but honestly.. I think you should seriously consider ESFp

Seriously!
Old 06/06/2008, 06:16 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Well my friend Reyne!, I know you've been thinking of INFp and ENFp, but honestly.. I think you should seriously consider ESFp

Seriously!
.......... *twitch*

Explain.
Old 06/06/2008, 06:27 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
.......... *twitch*

Explain.
Haha Why are you twitching? I don't want to talk about the test too much incase it ruins it for kensi. but let me suggest this..

you've got quite a confrontational style in that when you are discussing things you are very clear in what you are saying, you have no fear in enquiring what the other person means if you wish it and you are very assertive. Although you do this you are still able to do it in a way which is thoughtful and caring about the other person.

This is basically Se filtering into Fi. You already suspect you have Fi but you know ENFp doesn't *quite* fit.
Old 06/06/2008, 06:28 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Haha Why are you twitching? I don't want to talk about the test too much incase it ruins it for kensi. but let me suggest this..

you've got quite a confrontational style in that when you are discussing things you are very clear in what you are saying, you have no fear in enquiring what the other person means if you wish it and you are very assertive. Although you do this you are still able to do it in a way which is thoughtful and caring about the other person.

This is basically Se filtering into Fi. You already suspect you have Fi but you know ENFp doesn't *quite* fit.

Huh. I'm leaving in about 30 minutes and will be back in 4 hours. However, feel free to PM me. I would like to discuss this.
Old 06/06/2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I never said I cannot imagine other people's scenarios or even be very empathetic in that sense. In fact, I've had to watch that before when reading books. I just don't see why I should try to be someone else in order to determine who I'm not. If you have to consciously force or be it, how is it you?

Or I could just be who I am naturally and determine it from that. To each his own, I guess.

By the way, I read parts of the IEE and IEI profiles (Filatova's) to my stepdad (who has known me for between 15 and 16 years), as well as Beta NF vs Delta NF and Rick's IEE profile. He says Rick's is the closest thing he's seen so far, and that I am not Beta NF. Seriously, kensi, if you think you're IEE, read that.
I did and it matched me well i thought.
However this thread isn't so much about what i think--- its about what somebody else thinks that i'm not aware of that i should take into consideration.
Why then do so many people think that i use Fe in my ego block somewhere ?
Old 06/06/2008, 08:58 PM
Gone on holiday...

Kensi, as I say not sure how much use will be but fancy giving this a go?
Quote:
Kensi, here is a test which may or may not (!) help, could you answer the following:

1. Are you proactive or do you wait for things to happen?
2. Do you find that you entertain people easily?
3. Do you feel it's up to you to initiate contact with others or do you feel it's up to other people to do this?
4. When initiating contact, are you quite happy to do this or would you still maybe prefer others to do it?
5. Are you impulsive?
6. Do you find it difficult to relax unless you are tired?
7. Do you tend to have roughly the same energy levels all day or does it change drastically over the course of the day?
8. Are you quick to take action?
9. Do you fidget a lot?
10. Do you take things as they come?

Spiritual, Sports, Clubbing, Philosophical, Gossip, Families, Humanitarian issues, Cooking, Parties, Music, Literature.
Old 06/06/2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I want to use my judgment abilities here more than my perceptive ones to make the answer short.

I took a brief look at them.

Yes, as far as the first 2 functions go (and at the most fundamental generic level) they are Fi is always Fi and Se is always Se. Further details may be blurry but thats because unrelated qualities in the same type are talked about. Type descriptive profiles are only meant to be reasonable guidelines (there are always going to be some differences even among people of the same type---- perhaps we need official subtypes).....they cant be virtually the same in all areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
No. My dad is one, trust me. She reminds me of my INFp sister. I know you're going to say 'not all people of the same types are alike' but really, the difference between my limited impression of Kanerou, based on written interaction, and my real life experience of ISFjs, is huge! It's a faulty comparison, but it's too large for me to ignore.
I get certain INFp vibes from her too.....for what its worth.

Last edited by kensi; 06/06/2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 09:06 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Hi kensi, I may (if i've got time) come up with some questions later on to try help also - I can't guarantee tho (but we'll get there eventually!)

I'm kind of running short on time at the moment, and I don't think i've asked you this yet, so could I post this link if you could have a look at it?

http://www.socionics.com/articles/phenomenon.html

Cheers.
I defense of perceiving types: P's just do that to rebel against the emotional significance of absolutes within [Ni] without resorting to [Te] (which may lead to direct insubordination that is rationalized in favor of clearing the mind of external influence)...they can still be very productive and dependable.

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 06/06/2008, 09:09 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
I defense of perceiving types: P's just do that to rebel against the emotional significance of absolutes within [Ni] without resorting to [Te] (which may lead to direct insubordination that is rationalized in favor of clearing the mind of external influence)...they can still be very productive and dependable.
Exactly, j's just get their knickers in a twist