Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 07/06/2008, 07:56 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Which means NiTf = NaCl with SeTe
By NaCl do you mean Sodium Chloride?

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 07/06/2008, 08:07 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
By NaCl do you mean Sodium Chloride?
If you insert the combined amu into the formula which exists purely in my mind then you will see what I mean.

Hehe but I guess I'm just forgetting that everyone else isn't ENFp psychologist like me and mind reading isn't something anyone else is good at.

(It means Cyclops likes sodium chloride - salt popcorn not sweet haha me old dual there )
Old 07/06/2008, 09:14 PM

I feel like having an 'Impersonate a Type' thread now, where you pick a type to send up and people guess which one. But that might spoil the spontaneity, are you up for it?
Old 07/06/2008, 09:16 PM
the Omniscient

Some types might take offense to it, but you should ask Kensi as he supposedly does this anyway...otherwise it seems like it would be a great learning tool.

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 07/06/2008, 09:18 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
I feel like having an 'Impersonate a Type' thread now, where you pick a type to send up and people guess which one. But that might spoil the spontaneity, are you up for it?
Did you watch Dr. Who on BBC one? (oops..maybe it's just nerdy ISTp's that like it)

ok..incase I have to salvage myself, I reckon Dr. Who is an ENTp (sub ENFp) What do you thinkhis type is?
Old 07/06/2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
This is something similar to what I thought recently. I kinda was thinking that maybe Fi was more about 'listening' in a way, and Fe was more about talking.

Or the difference between someone who likes to write but doesn't like reading.

Ok it can mean a million things but it's something I thought about anyways.
You bring up very good points ....you really do....i like the analogy...but i'm a static...for one thing.....this should be easy to tell from my writing style.....i must say though that i am considered a great listener when i start to know someone but over the course of time my talking skills take off but even then iam not a great talker....actually less than average. Remember that the most relevant evidence you have is that you never actually heard me talk....if you did you would only be impressed by me talking about stuff that is very familiar to me and i would overcomplicate it with possibilities rather than Fe closure.....and not the mainstream stuff that obviously an ENFj is quite capable of talking about over and over again.

Being on an internet chatroom forum is something different altogether. I believe this venue allows me to express Ne a lot more easier than a real life talking session would. Ne in its expressions despite being a delta, does not produce a mainstream attitude. If you notice, i always seem to avoid direct talk about mainstream. Fe on the other hand, despite bing a beta, is very capable of identifying with mainstream something i am rather uncomfortable of doing.

But the analogies as a starting point are very good. I like that.

Old 07/06/2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
Some types might take offense to it.
Most of whom don't post here very often, but I know what you mean.

Quote:
Did you watch Dr. Who on BBC one? (oops..maybe it's just nerdy ISTp's that like it)

ok..incase I have to salvage myself, I reckon Dr. Who is an ENTp (sub ENFp) What do you thinkhis type is?
Nah, my Mum's an ISFp and she never misses Dr. Who. It's funny because I was actually trying to type Tenant, and couldn't. I think your typing of the Doctor character is right, though.

Last edited by pandapanda; 07/06/2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/06/2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
That's not an ENFp trait, that's ADD. Listening to people is more related to Fi than Se.
I think that having only slight access to Si when you're trying to further your comments thru Ne....(with Fi, Te helping along )....actually is an ENFp trait regardless of throwing ADD(now called ADHD) into the equation.

Fi over Se ???

Hmmm...i would throw this description out...cause obviously in implies that INTxs cannot listen ----their Fi function is way too subdued in their block structure to ever be able to listen....this is obviously not true....there are plenty of INTps and INTjs who listen and listen well.

Listening would be much easier be expressed as an EI phenomena while talkiking IE........this regardless of which functions act as ambassadors to represebt the two extreme worlds.

Quote:
I think I'm being kind of rude to him, which bothers me, but I'm sure he's my quasi-identical.
Just out of curiosity would it bother you if we were the same type?

(It obviously bothered RSV3 in the early get go.)

Quote:
We cannot be Identicals.
When ni first got started with MBTI and Socionics.... i used to keep lists (mental at the ver least) of people were each type. It bothered me when i slotted in twenty some people and then reflected...how could such and such be the same type.....i never had the answers for it even though relationally these two people could not fit in anywhere else on this giant 4 x 4 matrix of 16 that we have......there must have been something else working under the surface.

But as i got better at understanding all sorts of systematic issues it never bothered me anymore........to this very day within my own library of type, i still have people in the same type designation who are without a doubt nioticeably different. I doesn't bother me......cause i use an axis of rotation to justify these differences. MBTI and Socionics being like large institutions are not all of a sudden going to change their system to say 32 types.....no different than oil companies not wanting originally to get involved with electricity.

Quote:

And yeah, I'm struck by how much he likes to show his own thoughts rather than hear other people's.
I you dont think you know something you listen.....if you think you know something you try to fly with it if it is fun for you.

Quote:

I'm struck by how much he likes to show his own thoughts rather than hear other people's.
but that is a good point and that may make me candidate for INFp or ENFj...... but then again, maybe other people as a whole are symbolic of Fe to me and i don't want Fe.....i prefer to communicate using FiNe where Fi makes a slight appearance into the Ne world.....???

Last edited by kensi; 07/06/2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/06/2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
I think that having only slight access to Si when you're trying to further your comments thru Ne....(with Fi, Te helping along )....actually is an ENFp trait regardless of throwing ADD(now called ADHD) into the equation.
All I can say is that I usually remember what people say, and I put that down to my introverted ethical function - we can agree to disagree here.

You can have ADD without the H - the hyperactivity. So, not all cases of ADD are called ADHD. It's a made up disease anyway...

...now I'm waiting for someone to tell me how serious and disabling it is.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity would it bother you if we were the same type?
It kind of would - I'd like to be able to relate to my identicals in some small way. You're a nice guy and everything, but I'm not feeling any indentical vibes at all.
Old 07/06/2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
But I have to agree with you panda..if he is someone who talks so much but listens so little, how would he be expected to get to know his dual ISTp who seems to be a bit of a mystery to most people? And ENFp's are known for being good people observers I've tended to think..would that not require some form of tactful listening skill also?
You'd be surprised, when i'm around a certain breed of ISTp...i find they like to be the ones to talk first and they only like it if i jump in to correct or add to what they are saying ...and that works for me.....i obviously don't have an ISTp holding my hand as i type into this forum, if i would their imput would be valuable from past experience.

I've already stated the relationship between listening and talking and th E and I axis.
Old 07/06/2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
maybe other people as a whole are symbolic of Fe to me and i don't want Fe...
Why on earth would you think that?
Old 07/06/2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:

but he's certainly not my dual. If he is ENFp then I must be ISTj. It's a strange one.

I dont know how you could possibly say that given we've never met one on one in person, nor in an actual group, nor via the phone. Surely these things are a lot more reliable than working off of somebody's writing alone.

Quote:

Yeah..hmm...I'm an ENFj and you're an ISTj. Let's have a dictatorship together - I'll be the figurehead with the personality cult and you can run the secret police.
Why have such a stereotype to begin with?...it can be misleading you know.

Last edited by kensi; 07/06/2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/06/2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:

Why have such a stereotype to begin with?...it can be misleading you know.
as a joke?
Old 07/06/2008, 10:17 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
You'd be surprised, when i'm around a certain breed of ISTp...
hi kensi, there's a few things I noticed that you spoke about when you were replying to panda. Hmm I was thinking of replying to them because I thought they may be more useful, i'm not sure how useful these particular points your raising will be..but hey your saying so I'll try ask/answer

Could you explain to me what you mean by a particular breed of ISTp? I can't help thinking your getting ISTJ mixed up with ISTp still, like you said to me before that I should be a bean counter who isn't interested in socionics because ISTp's aren't into that.

Well, I don't really think it applies to any of the types really, but it does sound more like ISTJ or j. So I have to ask, what's the particular breed? Cause I don't see why one should be different at the psychological level than the other - the parts we understand in each other etc
Quote:
i find they like to be the ones to talk first and they only like it if i jump in to correct or add to what they are saying ...and that works for me.....i obviously don't have an ISTp holding my hand as i type into this forum, if i would their imput would be valuable from past experience.
What would you do as a typical example to 'jump in'?

Ahh..discussions eh?
Quote:
I've already stated the relationship between listening and talking and th E and I axis.
Quote:
I dont know how you could possibly say that given we've never met one on one in person, nor in an actual group, nor via the phone. Surely these things are a lot more reliable than working off of somebody's writing alone.
I've raised a few points about this, but then maybe your right. I dunno, it's a few things I would need to read through again. But I struggle to understand you at times, in a way similar to my conflictor, and the way you've had a go at me for not being positive enough on the internet or for not making sense. My experience is that's the sort of thing i'd expect from ENFj not ENFp interaction on internet and sometimes real life also. It's something similar to what i've experienced with ENFj's on internet not ENFp's. Hey maybe ENFp's don't understand me either..but I guess they're far more diplomatic than either me or other ENFj's so hey..well I guess that's a summary..but like I say, haven't we kind of spoke of this more or jess?

Last edited by Cyclops; 07/06/2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/06/2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
All I can say is that I usually remember what people say, and I put that down to my introverted ethical function - we can agree to disagree here.

You can have ADD without the H - the hyperactivity. So, not all cases of ADD are called ADHD. It's a made up disease anyway...

...now I'm waiting for someone to tell me how serious and disabling it is.

It kind of would - I'd like to be able to relate to my identicals in some small way. You're a nice guy and everything, but I'm not feeling any indentical vibes at all.
Are you familiar with hoe extratims and intratims work?
It is possible to have an extratim ENFp and an intratim ENFp.....i gues this relationship may in turn rotate the axis and produce a mirror (and not aquasi-id) relationship----one of mutual correction perhaps.
Old 07/06/2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
No, I thought they were just the Russian words for extrovert and introvert. Intuitive Ethical Extratim, I thought just meant, Intuitive Ethical Extrovert. Have you got a link that explains it? If you're right I've been missing something major.
Old 07/06/2008, 10:27 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
It is possible to have an extratim ENFp and an intratim ENFp.....i gues this relationship may in turn rotate the axis and produce a mirror (and not aquasi-id) relationship----one of mutual correction perhaps.
I'm not overly familiar with this, but if it is important enough, why doesn't SG refer to it in his intertype relation dynamics on his web site? It can't be that important surely, if it exists of course.
Old 07/06/2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:

I am looking at your avatar and i sense an extratim presence but a high presence of Fi pushing Ne over to the side.....as with some other girls/ aquaintances i've vaguely known in my past. Do you have ant larger pictures of yourself which perhaps you don't mind posting??

just to throw an honest interpersonal opinion out there....
I'd have no problem labelling you, pandapanda, an Extratim INFj ....this would allow you to retain certain ENFp tendancies.................but its way too early for me to jump into any sorts of conclusions overall.

Quote:
Why on earth would you think that?
You'll have to ask my mind that!

Last edited by kensi; 07/06/2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/06/2008, 10:33 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I am looking at your avatar and i sense an extratim presence but a high presence of Fi pushing Ne over to the side.....as with some other girls/ aquaintances i've vaguely known in my past. Do you have ant larger pictures of yourself which perhaps you don't mind posting??

just to throw an honest interpersonal opinion out there....
I'd have no problem labelling you, pandapanda, an Extratim INFj ....this would allow you to retain certain ENFp tendancies.................but its way too early for me to jump into any sorts of conclusions overall.
Care to venture an opinion on my type?
Old 07/06/2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
as a joke?
yeah, i finally caught on as i read the very next post.lol. I like the smilies too....you're having a good extraverted day

Quote:
hi kensi,
Hiiiiiiiii Cyclops.

Last edited by kensi; 07/06/2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost