Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 11/06/2008, 08:17 PM
Gone on holiday...

My initial diagnosis of you was INFp. I've only really been trying to look at other types because you said you thought you probably were not an INFp (or you were not sure or something like that)

I thought in your photo at college with the A4 notepad that you looked like an INFp that I know.

Your sure of being a p from what we've all said. I think really it's gonna have to be INFp *unless* you can think of reasons for being ENFp?
Old 11/06/2008, 08:24 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
My initial diagnosis of you was INFp. I've only really been trying to look at other types because you said you thought you probably were not an INFp (or you were not sure or something like that)

I thought in your photo at college with the A4 notepad out that you looked like an INFp that I know.

Your sure of being a p from what we've all said. I think really it's gonna have to be INFp *unless* you can think of reasons for being ENFp?
Wow. I just have a hard time comprehending being INFp. It's not totally impossible. Do you think I'm Fe-creative?
Old 11/06/2008, 08:28 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Wow. I just have a hard time comprehending being INFp. It's not totally impossible. Do you think I'm Fe-creative?
I think you could be yeah..what you gotta do though..is if you are ENFp .. You gotta give me reasons for it

Reverse psychology is all (when you look at it that way can you come up with stuff or does INFp seem like the deal?)
Old 11/06/2008, 08:34 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
I think you could be yeah..what you gotta do though..is if you are ENFp .. You gotta give me reasons for it

Reverse psychology is all (when you look at it that way can you come up with stuff or does INFp seem like the deal?)
I could see myself as Fi-ego; I'm very concerned with harmony. (Admittedly, this is just NF) Bad at Ti (but I obviously seek it). Ni I can do but generally refuse to. Te I'm not completely inept at, but if I've already got my opinion settles on doing something, I'll ignore advice that runs contrary to it. Si I like, but let's face it; my FeSi mother so has me beat (can you say interior design?). Se....I don't know. Obviously, I have a Se mallet (weapon of mass destruction that is capable of beating people senseless). I do like to borrow off of others for my motivation - I tend to need support to make hard decisions. I rarely actively break connections with people, even ones who annoy the heck out of me. I will still talk to them, and I cannot stand being given the silent treatment. This doesn't mean I won't do it to others (avoiding, etc).
Old 11/06/2008, 09:40 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
I could see myself as Fi-ego; I'm very concerned with harmony. (Admittedly, this is just NF) Bad at Ti (but I obviously seek it). Ni I can do but generally refuse to. Te I'm not completely inept at, but if I've already got my opinion settles on doing something, I'll ignore advice that runs contrary to it. Si I like, but let's face it; my FeSi mother so has me beat (can you say interior design?). Se....I don't know. Obviously, I have a Se mallet (weapon of mass destruction that is capable of beating people senseless). I do like to borrow off of others for my motivation - I tend to need support to make hard decisions. I rarely actively break connections with people, even ones who annoy the heck out of me. I will still talk to them, and I cannot stand being given the silent treatment. This doesn't mean I won't do it to others (avoiding, etc).
Yes, I realize part of this screams IEI.
Old 12/06/2008, 12:44 AM

I'm very concerned with harmony. Ni I can do but generally refuse to. Te I'm not completely inept at, but if I've already got my opinion settles on doing something, I'll ignore advice that runs contrary to it. Si I like, but let's face it; my FeSi mother so has me beat (can you say inferior design?). Se....I don't know (they feel superior). Obviously, I have a Se mallet (weapon of mass destruction that is capable of beating people senseless=old superior lovers). I do like to borrow off of others for my motivation - I tend to need support to make hard decisions. I actively break connections with people, even ones who annoy the heck out of me. I will still talk to them, and I cannot stand being given the silent treatment. This doesn't mean I won't do it to others (avoiding, etc).

Sounds like INTj...
Old 12/06/2008, 03:48 PM
Omnomnom

Hey, Vibration.....somehow from my post to yours, "interior" became "inferior". I thought I had typoed.

Debate's out on the Ni thing. I was taking it from only one aspect.

Cyclops, as for the j/p thing, I'm somewhere in-between. I'm not an absolute j, but neither am I an absolute p. Left to my own devices, I might be more p; however, when dealing with others, I like more structure so I know what I'm doing.

OK....I feel like I use Ne more. The one thing I will give you is that I don't feel I can display my Ni very well in the environment I'm in. I feel like I would encounter criticism. I'm sure it ran rampant in my teenage years, back when I was doing what I wanted despite what I was told. Ne energizes me, but Ni relaxes me. It's a state of calm that I love to get to, and I miss the feeling.

Reading this right now. http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml

Last edited by Kanerou; 12/06/2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12/06/2008, 08:01 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
IEIs are comfortable discussing feelings that arise from interaction between people
So the difference between this and Fi is...?The line seems to grow blurred here. When you are discussing your interaction with a person in an F way, aren't you discussing feelings? Or is there a difference between "I find him funny" and "he makes me laugh"?

Also, is it still Fi when you keep quiet to avoid the disapproval or disappointment/hurt of others, which hurts you in return?

One other thing, if I haven't mentioned it already: I am not an extreme Ne-leading. I get distracted easily, but I can take something and run it into the grouns if I am interested enough and there is a purpose to it that I value. Example: I've been into MB since January and Socionics since February. I apply them toward determining my identity (which is also why I do research and ask questions). I can have a very one-track mind if something means enough to me. Gotta run. More later.

Last edited by Kanerou; 12/06/2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13/06/2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Kanerou I think RSV3 makes a good point maybe you could be INFj.

I would suggest ISFj (the close cousin of the INFj)......Te seeking........, and Intuitives do not tend to have so called vagueness issues, and ISFjs because their EGO Fi is introverted it has a high tendency to blow up out of emotion more so then any other type in my own opinion and experience.

It's up to Kanerou to decide......we can only suggest. If it don't feel right it don't feel right!

Hey Kanerou do you have any more pics...wouldn't mind trying this again if the pics contain average demeanors on them.
Old 13/06/2008, 03:29 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
I would suggest ISFj (the close cousin of the INFj)......Te seeking........, and Intuitives do not tend to have so called vagueness issues, and ISFjs because their EGO Fi is introverted it has a high tendency to blow up out of emotion more so then any other type in my own opinion and experience.

It's up to Kanerou to decide......we can only suggest. If it don't feel right it don't feel right!

Hey Kanerou do you have any more pics...wouldn't mind trying this again if the pics contain average demeanors on them.
If I have to say it again, it will not be nice. I am not ISFj. I am not Gamma. I am not j! Quit bringing it up.

I am reasonably sure that a fair amount of my poetry comes from Ni (reeks of it, actually). I can't really trace the journey of my writings because I usually don't write poetry; it was for a Creative Writing class back when I was 15. However, I'm not sure how someone who can't stand melodrama would be Beta.

Last edited by Kanerou; 13/06/2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13/06/2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
If I have to say it again, it will not be nice. I am not ISFj. I am not Gamma. I am not j! Quit bringing it up.

I am reasonably sure that a fair amount of my poetry comes from Ni (reeks of it, actually). I can't really trace the journey of my writings because I usually don't write poetry; it was for a Creative Writing class back when I was 15. However, I'm not sure how someone who can't stand melodrama would be Beta.

I did say it is up to you to decide. In the event you can't, you can always throw the whole theory out the window like some other people do.
Old 13/06/2008, 11:39 PM
I'm an idiot!

Quote:
Hey, Vibration.....somehow from my post to yours, "interior" became "inferior". I thought I had typoed.
Ha that animat thing again (which I completely LOVE... btw).

No I was just reading bewteen your lines and saw what you meant basically (maybe subconsciously you/me?).
Old 14/06/2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what type I am.

xxxx

Go on give us some pictures, you know you want it.
I would get myself more involved in your writings if i had some good pics to go off of.....till now i've only been scratching the surface.

Out of the 6 pics you've submitted i consider only the first one to be good--the one with the puppies ...and even that one is not a full and straight headshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego View Post
Just ran into it...
This is a pretty good little article for distinguishing functions...
http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html
Quote:
If I have to say it again,

I am reasonably sure

To do a propper assesment you can't start seeing tunnel-vision...you must be open to all sorts of different scenarios for an interpretation...

consider this relational system of "favourable intra-quadra viewpoints".......

1.Your Real World Attitude. Choose one that fits you best:
Team A= FeNe

Team B= FeSe

Team D= TeSe

Team C= TeNe

2. then your Personal Opinionated Attitude. Choose one that fits you best here as well:
Team Orange= FiSi

Team Red= FiNi

Team Blue= TiSi

Team Green= TiNi

btw..i'm trying not to make the choices so obvious so that previous misconceptions are not highly involved here..

Last edited by kensi; 14/06/2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16/06/2008, 03:30 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego View Post
Ha that animat thing again (which I completely LOVE... btw).

No I was just reading bewteen your lines and saw what you meant basically (maybe subconsciously you/me?).
Thankee.

???? I thought Vibration replied to me, not you. Unless Vibration is masquerading as you, in which case that would explain why both of you throw me off with your humor.

Quote:
To do a propper assesment you can't start seeing tunnel-vision...you must be open to all sorts of different scenarios for an interpretation...
Apparently, you assume I have not been looking at different possibilities. I have looked at Gamma; I have looked at Ij. I am neither. Just because I do not say I have looked at or considered something does not mean I haven't. Please give me a little more credit.

I'll look at the rest later.
Old 16/06/2008, 09:00 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Just ran into it...
This is a pretty good little article for distinguishing functions...
http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Thank you. This was interesting and very informative. I will have to remember it.
Quote:

Team A= FeNe

Team B= FeSe

Team D= TeSe

Team C= TeNe

2. then your Personal Opinionated Attitude. Choose one that fits you best here as well:
Team Orange= FiSi

Team Red= FiNi

Team Blue= TiSi

Team Green= TiNi

btw..i'm trying not to make the choices so obvious so that previous misconceptions are not highly involved here..

I'd like to know what these have to do with anything. If I don't have definitions, it's hard to decide.
Old 16/06/2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
[/indent]I'd like to know what these have to do with anything. If I don't have definitions, it's hard to decide.
[/indent]
Its based in understanding that you use a combination of individual functions. If you have a decent feel of the definitions of the functions you should be able to pick one combination that suits you best. Choose one from #1 and one from #2.

Dont pay attention to the team names just look at the combination of 2 functions. For example in the first one you have Fe and Ne. This means that this type of person has either a preference to use Fe in the realworld and then follow it up with Ne considerations to back it up.................or this person has an Ne preference in the realworld and then uses Fe considerations to back it up. Either scenario is valid for this type of person........if neither of these two fit you then throw this option out and move to the next one of...FeSe

This is yet another handy tool for assessing type.

Last edited by kensi; 16/06/2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 16/06/2008, 10:11 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Its based in understanding that you use a combination of individual functions. If you have a decent feel of the definitions of the functions you should be able to pick one combination that suits you best. Choose one from #1 and one from #2.

Dont pay attention to the team names just look at the combination of 2 functions. For example in the first one you have Fe and Ne. This means that this type of person has either a preference to use Fe in the realworld and then follow it up with Ne considerations to back it up.................or this person has an Ne preference in the realworld and then uses Fe considerations to back it up. Either scenario is valid for this type of person........if neither of these two fit you then throw this option out and move to the next one of...FeSe
Is this valid in the world of Socionics?

Just to let you guys know, Kensi and I have come to the consensus that we are not the same type. So both of us cannot be ENFp or INFp, in theory.

Last edited by Kanerou; 16/06/2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 16/06/2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:

Team A= FeNe
Team B= FeSe
Team D= TeSe
Team C= TeNe

Team Orange= FiSi
Team Red= FiNi
Team Blue= TiSi
Team Green= TiNi

Quote:
Is this valid in the world of Socionics?

Just to let you guys know, Kensi and I have come to the consensus that we are not the same type. So both of us cannot be ENFp or INFp, in theory.
Yes. Absolutely. Its one technique out of many. I will have to explain it once you're answers are in. Its basically a way of isolating and connecting only the relevant blocks of model A with wires to show your true preferences and not the dogmatic distribution of the 4 blocks of the psyche as a whole.
Old 16/06/2008, 10:21 PM
Omnomnom

A

Either Orange or Red
Old 16/06/2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
A

Either Orange or Red
and what about TEAM A, B, C, or D ?