Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #181  
Old 17/06/2008, 12:25 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I enjoy people that I perceive as having Se humor. It's loud and energetic but not crude (edgy is fine). Te, however....I don't like people pushing Te on me, and I don't like people pushing me to be Se. I don't like too much Ti pushed on me, and Si is fine as long as it's not overkill. Ne and Ni I value anyway. If I was around someone who put out Se/Te, I might be fine with it.
Shaddowpuppet would probably be a good example of a guy who uses creative Te.....and as such also a TeSe kind of a guy.....from all V.I. i got of him as well as site convers.
__________________
Some Sort of Si + Fi valueing type.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 17/06/2008, 12:26 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
Shaddowpuppet would probably be a good example of a guy who uses creative Te.....and as such also a TeSe kind of a guy.....from all V.I. i got of him as well as site convers.
I don't see Se from him. Anyway, for the sake of moving this along, I'll say Se/Te.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 17/06/2008, 12:31 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I don't see Se from him.
thats because it is one of his weakest functions as an INTp but nevertheless there and i think quite beneficial for his use....but i should probably take that up with him in a seperate episode. Because he has strong command of Ni....Se seems to always be weakened in the departure process.
__________________
Some Sort of Si + Fi valueing type.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 17/06/2008, 12:42 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

I gave my answer in my last post.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 17/06/2008, 12:42 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Anyway, for the sake of moving this along, I'll say Se/Te.

OK....the test is thru, you seem to be relatively comfortable with your final answers.

The result i'm to give you is sequentially based on the answers you gave me thru your own choice and further acceptance.... for the most part.

You are not confined to being this type by any means as this is just one test out of many to help you think a little outside the box and see things from another angle.
You indicated:
1. Strongest Preference(Master) is : Ni/Fi
2. 2nd strongest based on the remaining choices(Servant) is : Se/Te
The Result:
1. Master Gamma I
2. Servant Gamma E

Your Identity is : either ISFj or INTp

from my conversations with you ISFj is the more likely.


if you need an explanation of the test, just ask.

you can always review the whole thing and try to make sense of it again by substituting different values.
__________________
Some Sort of Si + Fi valueing type.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 17/06/2008, 12:44 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

That test does not consider all aspects. You automatically assume that if I prefer Ni/Fi, I cannot prefer Fe/Ne with it. And you asked me what I felt comfortable with in others, not in myself. The point of seeking functions is that we admire in others what we are not good at ourselves.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 17/06/2008, 12:47 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
That test does not consider all aspects. You automatically assume that if I prefer Ni/Fi, I cannot prefer Fe/Ne with it.
You can only have one of these choices as a Master Preference within your psyche. All other functional groupings represent the support system and not the identity itself.
__________________
Some Sort of Si + Fi valueing type.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 17/06/2008, 12:48 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
You can only have one of these choices as a Master Preference within your psyche. All other functional groupings represent the support system and not the identity itself.
You eliminate certain types by making the test that way.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 17/06/2008, 12:59 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
You eliminate certain types by making the test that way.
All types are possible thru the test....the first choice you make is the biggest one. The second choice only indicates whether or not you can comprehend what is going on and the fact that there has to be differentiation......but one has to have a decent knowledge of the functions to be able to say for example, I use Te when having to deal with real world situations even though my opinions are of an Fi nature.
__________________
Some Sort of Si + Fi valueing type.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:05 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
All types are possible thru the test....the first choice you make is the biggest one. The second choice only indicates whether or not you can comprehend what is going on and the fact that there has to be differentiation......but one has to have a decent knowledge of the functions to be able to say for example, I use Te when having to deal with real world situations even though my opinions are of an Fi nature.

After I chose NF, you only presented ST and NT choices as my next ones. Therefore, all types were not possible. On top of that, you told me which was most likely, which happened to include the type you claim I am.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:11 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

No offense to either of you; but I cannot follow this line of reasoning at all (that has been going on for like 4 pages). I guess it must be an F thing that I'll never understand...
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:13 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
No offense to either of you; but I cannot follow this line of reasoning at all (that has been going on for like 4 pages). I guess it must be an F thing that I'll never understand...
If you're referring to the test, it was Kensi's idea. His developing as well, I believe.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:14 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
If you're referring to the test, it was Kensi's idea. His developing as well, I believe.
Ok, that's cool. I'll just stay out of the way and let you guys work it out..
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:16 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Ok, that's cool. I'll just stay out of the way and let you guys work it out..
There's little to work out.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:24 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
After I chose NF, you only presented ST and NT choices as my next ones. Therefore, all types were not possible. On top of that, you told me which was most likely, which happened to include the type you claim I am.

The Master Attitude is easier to determine cause it is strong. When you felt Ni/Fi had th ehighest probability, you already made your choice amongst the 16 types narrowing it down to 2 possible types: ISFj and INTp. The second part (of St's and NF's) was merely an attempt for you to reconcile whether you can accept a Servant Nature of Te/Se to verify the accurateness of your first suggestion of NiFi. If you couldn't accept Te/Se as a high probability choice amongst the choices then the next step would have been to go back and find a challenger to the NiFi claim you originally made. However we did not have to do this as you at the time were reasonably comfortable with the 2 choices working in unison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
If you're referring to the test, it was Kensi's idea. His developing as well, I believe.
It is my test but it is based solely on concepts inherent in both Socionics and Mbti.................this type of test is an alternative for people who want to know their type but don't want to take in previous misconceptions about the functions and start with a dynamic new blueprint perfectly capable of adressing the criteria of both typing institutions. It's (the test) answers given are the responsibility of the test taker to be able to relate to these phenomenas stated.
__________________
Some Sort of Si + Fi valueing type.

Last edited by kensi; 17/06/2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:27 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
The Master Attitude is easier to determine cause it is strong. When you felt Ni/Fi had th ehighest probability, you already made your choice amongst the 16 types narrowing it down to 2 possible types: ISFj and INTp. The second part (of St's and NF's) was merely an attempt for you to reconcile whether you can accept a Servant Nature of Te/Se to verify the accurateness of your first suggestion of NiFi. If you couldn't accept Te/Se as a high probability choice amongst the choices then the next step would have been to go back and find a challenger to the NiFi claim you originally made. However we did not have to do this as you at the time were reasonably comfortable with the 2 choices working in unison.
I could have been NiFe or FiNe. Ne was offered as a choice, but not Fe.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
It is my test but it is based solely on concepts inherent in both Socionics and Mbti.................this type of test is an alternative for people who want to know their type but don't want to take in previous misconceptions about the functions and start with a dynamic new blueprint perfectly capable of adressing the criteria of both typing institutions. It's (the test) answers given are the responsibility of the test taker to be able to relate to these phenomenas stated.
It's flawed.

What misconceptions? The stable structure of Socionics function-grouping?
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:33 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I could have been NiFe or FiNe. Ne was offered as a choice, but not Fe.


It's flawed.
Wrong. The test is not flawed for following thru on its intentions. Its intentions are complete. All scenarios w.r.t the choices are taken into consideration. It is the uncertainty of the test-taker which flaws the test. If a test-taker trully cannot answer a question and every question that follows is based on the question before it , then the test-taker must stop the very second he/she is confused. I aint here to market this test, i'm only here to help you expand your own horizons in your assessment. this would be one method to do so which i find very usefull to VI with IRL.
__________________
Some Sort of Si + Fi valueing type.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:40 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

If you are so sure of your test, try it on people with proven types. Then you may make statements about its accuracy.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:40 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post


What misconceptions? The stable structure of Socionics function-grouping?
Overlap from E to I and viceversa.
For example somebody who is a deep extravert ENTj may not give complete notice of the use of Ni. Because of overlap you can get an impression of TeSe for the ENTj....and to complicate matters the poor ENTJ may be so extraverted that TeSe is the only energy really observeable.

I can tell you that as an ENFP my Fi isn't always observeable to me and siometimes my personality will take on a NeTe feel.

This isn't B.S. This is documented stuff... but unreliable for communicating because it intself has a tendancy to obscure true identity when in fact it only is a tool to confirm it.
__________________
Some Sort of Si + Fi valueing type.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 17/06/2008, 01:45 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

If this is documented, show me the documentation.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM