Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 14/03/2006, 12:14 AM
House Robot

Default Re: INTj

It's plausible that the description was written with the type fitting the MBTI profiles of INTJs in mind, and maybe also with the assumption that an INTJ is a NiTe in mind, but if there are no NiTe INTJs, then that is similar to having a unicorn in mind.

Why is it so hard to get straight answers from you guys? You are not cowards, are you?
Old 14/03/2006, 12:24 AM

There is nothing in the description that precludes that the information was gathered using observation of an TiNe type rather than on functional analysis of NiTe type. Infact the structure of the description heavily implies it was created using observation and there is nothing that indicates any specific functional analysis (Socionics OR MBTI).

And thank you very much for pointing out the discrepancies between Socionics and MBTI INTx types. Here are few interesting links on this topic:

http://socionics.com/advan/mbti.htm
http://socionics.com/advan/mbti-2.htm
http://socionics.com/advan/mbti-3.ht...intjorintp.htm
http://socionics.com/advan/ic47.htm
http://socionics.com/advan/jpproblem.htm
Old 14/03/2006, 12:29 AM

I forgot to add that the descriptions gives off to me the INTJ MBTI description feel, which I suppose aided me in the process of coming to such a conclusion.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you don't assume things that are innapropriate to assume; I did not say that what I said was "100% fact" and presented the statement in such a manner so as for you to question it's validity, so much I thought was able to be inferred without too much difficulty..
Old 14/03/2006, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MysticSonic:
Despite the fact that this description was derived with an Ni-Te INTJ in mind
If this is not a 100% factual statement then shave my head and call me Boris!
Old 14/03/2006, 12:38 AM

It's stated in a way that begs the questioning of its validity, Boris.
Old 14/03/2006, 12:42 AM

Why are you P people cannot just admit being wrong sometimes? And yeah, I laid the Boris trap for you, and you walked right into...predictable!
Old 14/03/2006, 12:45 AM

"We're" bored and have nothing better to do.
Old 14/03/2006, 12:46 AM

Yeah, but I have.
Old 14/03/2006, 12:59 AM
House Robot

Quote:
There is nothing in the description that precludes that the information was gathered using observation of an TiNe type rather than on functional analysis of NiTe type. Infact the structure of the description heavily implies it was created using observation and there is nothing that indicates any specific functional analysis (Socionics OR MBTI).
True.

Quote:
I forgot to add that the descriptions gives off to me the INTJ MBTI description feel, which I suppose aided me in the process of coming to such a conclusion.
True.

What's the problem? MBTI descriptions are based on empirical observations. Any MBTI "functional analysis" is added after the type has already been identified.

A more interesting question would be how much is observation and how much is theoretical assumptions in Socionics. The two "systems" agree on the empirical level but disagree on the theoretical level. (That is at least roughly true, whatever you have to say about it, SG.)

I'm still waiting for answers. But now I think I'm entitled to conlude that you really think that you fit the MBTI INTJ profiles better than other MBTI profiles, SG. Why couldn't you have admitted that much earlier?
Old 14/03/2006, 01:03 AM

--edited because the statement was pretty stupid--
Old 14/03/2006, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
The two "systems" agree on the empirical level but disagree on the theoretical level. (That is at least roughly true, whatever you have to say about it, SG.)

Finally, after so many years you said something that makes sense, Prom, you're !
Old 14/03/2006, 01:25 AM
House Robot

And you continue not to answer questions, SG. You seem to prefer to lay traps. Are you afraid that your understanding of types and type theories might be too heavily critized if you reveal your real opinions in an open debate?