Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 17/01/2011, 10:12 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

I just read the first part, for me I need several photos to be reasonably sure.

@Banter, haha Ti creative twisting? lol !
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 17/01/2011, 10:15 PM
Valori's Avatar
Valori Valori is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Default

What kind of photos? The artificial sort of "posing" photos, or something more candid, paparazzi-ish?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 23/01/2011, 08:01 AM
Valori's Avatar
Valori Valori is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Default

I find myself very much able to relate to the descriptions on the LII/INTj page as well... >=(
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 16/04/2011, 09:22 AM
Valori's Avatar
Valori Valori is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Default

Hi. Also attention whoring:



VI TYPE PLOX?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 19/04/2011, 11:02 AM
Syndil Syndil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Just want to add that, based on what you wrote and how you wrote it, I would have to say you are INTp. As I myself am INTp, I identify with much of it. I would say I identify with it strongly.

I am curious to know what type of relationship you are in and the type of your partner/gf/spouse, if you know it. Also, you said in your original post that you occasionally find yourself wanting more--can you expound upon that as well?

@Kittykat I am also curious to know why you think he is definitely not INTp.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 19/04/2011, 09:24 PM
Valori's Avatar
Valori Valori is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Default

I have still been sort of leaning in the direction of INTp, though I have done some reading into the other types suggested here. Almost every sort of test I results in INTp, however there is always the lurking doubt in the back of my mind that I have over-thought an answer or understood it in the wrong context.

I'm not really sure on my girlfriend's type, however I do remember that she mentioned having taken a Myers-Briggs test more than once at some point in time before I met her; her result was always INTP. When I say "wanting more", what immediately comes to mind is an occasional need for a more energetic atmosphere or for her to be a little more assertive in her preferences. Because I also notice these deficiencies in myself, it would lead me to think we might have Identical relations - that, and the fact that we will often have the same way of thinking to the point where the same idea will cross both of our minds at the same moment.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 19/04/2011, 10:48 PM
Valori's Avatar
Valori Valori is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Default

She just took a test at MyPersonality.info that returned an INFP result. I'm currently trying to decide whether a "Kindred" relationship sounds likely or not. This is assuming that their INFP is similar enough to a Socionics INFp, of course...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 19/04/2011, 10:56 PM
Syndil Syndil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valori View Post
I have still been sort of leaning in the direction of INTp, though I have done some reading into the other types suggested here. Almost every sort of test I results in INTp, however there is always the lurking doubt in the back of my mind that I have over-thought an answer or understood it in the wrong context.
This uncertainty--the almost never-ending hunger for more data before settling on a final answer--is another characteristic of INTp. There will always be parts of other types that you can identify with, but I think there is more than sufficient evidence to put yourself in the INTp category.

I have absolutely no VI experience, but your request to have yourself VI-typed did pique my interest on the subject. I studied your face and looked for similarities to my own. I also visited INTPforum.com (you may want to give them a visit) and looked at photos of the members there as well. Mind you, these are observations of an untrained novice, but it seems to me that the characteristics that INTps share are: a relaxed, leveled brow; relaxed eyelids--not squinting, but look perhaps as if they could be opened wider; a completely wrinkle-free forehead (assumed from lack of lifting brow); and few facial wrinkles overall. I would say the INTp generally looks younger than his or her age, due to the lack of facial expressions that would induce wrinkles.

I have not yet found any VI training resources to validate (or invalidate) my observations, but I would very much like to see how I faired.

As I have posted in another thread on these forums, I have some experience with a mirror INTp/INTp relationship, and while that experience only amounts to a single instance, I have formed the opinion that this type of relationship is far from ideal. The way I described it was simultaneously fascinating and boring. It was fascinating to find someone--particularly a female--that thought in the same manner that I did, however it was nearly pointless to have a conversation because we agreed on nearly everything. It's nice to find someone who agrees with you, but over time it became almost annoying--like living with a "yes-man." Also I noted that both of us tried to avoid doing any sort of chores, and the living space was--I'll just say it was to the point of being intolerable. And the indecision you described... It's tough to arrive at decisions when both parties are genuinely unconcerned with the outcome. Either may have a slight preference, but both are truly willing to go with just about anything, and therefore try to hunt for the preference in the other. I think we both arrived at the conclusion that we shouldn't be together simultaneously, and the "break-up" (if you can call it that) was very frank, straightforward and emotionless. We pretty much told each other, "Well, it's been fun, and I do still really like you, but we both need to move on." And that was the end of it.

Does any of this ring familiar with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valori View Post
She just took a test at MyPersonality.info that returned an INFP result. I'm currently trying to decide whether a "Kindred" relationship sounds likely or not. This is assuming that their INFP is similar enough to a Socionics INFp, of course...
Ah, the MyPersonality.info test. I just took that one yesterday. I found the questions there to be a bit more difficult to pick an answer for. Many of them seemed like both answers would fit me, but I did score INTP.

If you or she doubts the result of that test, I would recommend the TurboXL test on this site, or the one at http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes1.htm .

Incidentally, reading the description of INFP at http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html , I found myself identifying with most of it, until this part:

Quote:
INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst.
Does that sound like your gf?

Last edited by Syndil; 19/04/2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 19/04/2011, 11:03 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst.

Does that sound like your gf?


It sounds like everybody's gf
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 19/04/2011, 11:07 PM
Syndil Syndil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst.

Does that sound like your gf?


It sounds like everybody's gf
Touché! Unless she's actually INTp.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 20/04/2011, 04:12 AM
Valori's Avatar
Valori Valori is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
Does any of this ring familiar with you?
We do tend to agree on most issues, which is especially comforting when there is so much worth ranting about in our lives. I suppose the main differences of opinion lie in the extremeness of our views one way or another. We mostly enjoy conversations with one another by coming up with new topics of discussion or different ways of discussing old topics.

I do notice that neither of us has a big drive to start any household chores. The apartment will often get cluttered or we will leave things sitting around everywhere, but one or both of us will end up cleaning things up as soon as it starts to get on our nerves.

As for the preference thing, absolutely.

Quote:
If you or she doubts the result of that test, I would recommend the TurboXL test on this site, or the one at http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes1.htm .
TurboXL: INTp
High I, low-ish N and T, slightly lower p.

Humanmetrics: INTP
I: 100%
N: 50%
T: 62%
P: 11%

MyPersonality.info: INTP
I: 95%
N: 68%
T: 58%
P: 68%

Quote:
Does that sound like your gf?
Not so much. She's pretty scientifically minded and will like to cite facts, but rarely blindly and inaccurately when perturbed about something. I can't really speak from first hand experience of anger directed at myself - I think we had one minor argument at the beginning of our relationship, but nearly nothing otherwise. I suspect a lot of her responses towards the F end of the spectrum on the test were due to her anxieties with social interaction. She frequently avoids conflict and fears disappointing people. Or maybe it's in part a result of the way women are raised in many Western cultures? Or she just has well developed T? Or some combination of those.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 20/04/2011, 08:00 AM
Syndil Syndil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Excellent. Also the fact that she was actually willing to take so many tests strongly indicates INTp over INFp. I think the problem with the test at MyPersonality.info is that it is too easy to see how any particular answer will affect the result. This may cause some people to consciously or unconsciously pick an answer based on how they think they should score or based on how they wish they would score, rather than giving an honest answer. I do think the test here and at Humanetrics.com are much better tests, and it is comforting to see that the results from those two sites were comparable.

I wish you better luck than I had with an INTp mirror relationship. According to this site, you should be most compatible with your dual, which would be ESFp. Everything opposite except the p. However, I disagree with this. I do not think I would tolerate an ESFp well. The Keirsey.com site suggests that the S/N should match, with T/F opposite, and ideally with the I/E and P/J oppsite too. So for an INTP, the ideal complimentary type would be ENFJ. I tend to agree more with this line of thinking based on my own personal experiences. However, I do not think the E/I part is terribly important. I say that because I have always been most attracted to INFJs.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 20/04/2011, 08:29 AM
Valori's Avatar
Valori Valori is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Default

Oh, those were my test results. I probably should have mentioned that. Maybe she will take them too though.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 20/04/2011, 02:19 PM
Kalafis Kalafis is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Syndil, it's not 100% correct if you compare INTP forum members (mbti) with socionics INTp. I am INFP in mbti. In socionics, EII (INFj). Tested by Aushra's old students. My dominant function - Introverted Feeling. INFP(mbti) socionics EII (INFj), Delta quadra.
Look how your functions works, quadra values. If you in mbti are INTP, in socionics you may be INTp and INTj
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 20/04/2011, 05:19 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

Jungs function definitions might help.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 21/04/2011, 11:35 AM
Syndil Syndil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Do the "p" and "j" in socionics actually refer to any particular meaning, or are they used only as a marker to tie them to which of Gulenko's temperaments they are supposed to belong to? As far as I can tell, socionics describes each type as introverted/extroverted, thinking/feeling and intuiting/sensing, and does not actually use the words "perceiving" or "judging."
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 21/04/2011, 11:44 AM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
Do the "p" and "j" in socionics actually refer to any particular meaning, or are they used only as a marker to tie them to which of Gulenko's temperaments they are supposed to belong to? As far as I can tell, socionics describes each type as introverted/extroverted, thinking/feeling and intuiting/sensing, and does not actually use the words "perceiving" or "judging."
p - Dominant function is Perceiving
j - Dominant function is Judging
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 21/04/2011, 11:59 PM
Syndil Syndil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Then how or why is this different than the P and J in MBTI/Jung/Keirsey, if they have the exact same meaning? There must be a disagreement on their meaning if there is not symmetry. And if there is a disagreement on their meaning, then someone surely is using an incorrect definition.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 22/04/2011, 09:44 AM
Zeus Zeus is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
Then how or why is this different than the P and J in MBTI/Jung/Keirsey, if they have the exact same meaning? There must be a disagreement on their meaning if there is not symmetry. And if there is a disagreement on their meaning, then someone surely is using an incorrect definition.
MBTI Extroverts:

P - Dominant function is Perceiving
J - Dominant function is Judging

MBTI Introverts:

P - Auxiliary function is Perceiving
J - Auxiliary function is Judging

Nothing to do with Jung though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 24/04/2011, 08:14 AM
Valori's Avatar
Valori Valori is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Default

Having sat down for most of the past week and actually read as much as I had time for about the various functions and components in various roles, INTp remains the best parallel to my thoughts and actions. Huzzah.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007 SOCIONICS.COM