Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 13/03/2006, 03:41 AM

Default VI please

I just registered and would like to see what type my pictures would match with.

A picture of me
I'm not very photogenic, I know.

profile picture
I'm the one on the right, although you can VI the other person in the photo if you want.
Old 13/03/2006, 07:45 AM

Default Re: VI please

More about myself (may help with typing):
I like playing on my computer for loong periods of time. I lose track of time very easily.
I edit my posts in a forum more than once and take my time making a post (very thorough at times).
I'm kinda shy, indecisive, and sensitive to comments sometimes. A bit of a homebody, really.
I don't like sharing private information, arguing or offending people all that much. (I'm a bit secretive about my feelings and opinions, I suppose.)
As far as I know, I don't organize my papers, ideas, or schedule well; I used to be able to memorize facts well enough to get good test scores by just going to class and doing homework (in high school, though. Definately harder in college).
I hate reading large blocks of text unless it's something I'm interested in.
And I don't take care of myself that well either.

That's about it (without making the list too long).
Old 13/03/2006, 09:06 AM

You remind me a lot of Yoko Ono! Who I think could have been INTx.
Old 13/03/2006, 12:03 PM

I think you're INFp!

Old 13/03/2006, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Csaky:
You remind me a lot of Yoko Ono! Who I think could have been INTx.
Damn! You said it first. I think Yoko was an INTp considering that John was ENTj.
Old 14/03/2006, 03:47 AM

Yoko Ono? Really?

I thought that a picture showing my full profile might be better for VI, but this is the closest I could come up with on my computer right now.
profile! (almost)

I'm surprised at the responses thus far. Then again, I can relate to many of the types, so I'm not sure what to expect exactly. All the results from the personality quizzes I have taken are ISTP (from a MBTI test), ISTx (from this site, although I may need to select more adjectives describing me or not for the result to be more accurate), and ENFj once from socion.info. I got either ESTP or ESTp from another site- forgot which one. I think I have the most trouble deciding between Feeling and Thinking or at least it's the one where I'm closest to the middle.
Old 20/03/2006, 10:40 PM

Now that I think about it, some factors may have affected my testing results such as stress from not feeling well or physical trauma on the head as a child.

The part about not wanting to offend people may be somewhat inaccurate as I may have done so in the past in high school with people I didn't like because they kept harassing me at school (although I may have been acting irrationally at that time; a blood test showed that I had high mercury levels a few years after I graduated). I suppose that I might have been very noticeable (which I didn't like) since I never talked much to people, wore sweats and baggy clothing and didn't bother to change my outfit often. I might consider reconciling except I didn't bother learning their names and if I tried they likely won't listen. I'm considered (extremely) antisocial as of now in college, although I still think that I am, or have been trying to be, more talkative and approachable than before (to the people that I feel comfortable and familiar with, at least). I usually don't take the initiative in talking to people (like starting conversations) and don't really bother making friends (not sure if I want to though).

Am I explaining myself and my actions too much?

I prefer to be as vague in descriptions about myself as possible unless I am very worried that my work may be affected or there is a certain reason why I should be specific (like for typing myself). Then I probably would give as many details as I can remember and are relevant.
I tend to worry a lot about my responsibilities and don't like answering questions for fear of being wrong.

I get lost easily (no sense of direction) and like working with my hands although not with sharp dangerous objects. I may not be good at that kind of work though; I'm kind of clumsy and had a tendency to break things (tools and pieces of my wood project) in workshop class.

INFp and ISTp sound okay for me except for the part about caring a lot about my appearance. I think I like feeling comfortable, feeling loved (then again, who wouldn't?), and soft, fuzzy textures (that would be considered Sensing, I think).

Does this help with typing or not?
Old 21/03/2006, 01:24 AM

From what you've described about yourself it sounds like you're an INTp: http://www.socionics.com/prof/intp.htm

You said that you're confused between T and F and this is a likely indication of irrationality. Also, based on your test results, you seem to want to ascribe S characteristics to yourself. However, it doesn't occur to me to think of S types as being "clumsy" and having "no sense of direction" so I think you're probably intuitive.
Old 21/03/2006, 01:27 AM

Oh and you also said something about being vague... I think it is common among N types to prefer generalities to specifics.
Old 21/04/2006, 05:08 PM

INTx