Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 11/06/2008, 02:27 PM
Gone on holiday...

Default Music

I'm sure we can relate this to socionics if we *really* want to.

I just wanna know dudes, anybody listening to any good sounds just now?

What would you recommend?

I've been listening to Japanese Noise (the genre..not the band) recently, but I am not sure I would recommend it...seriously I wouldn't

Lets hear the tunes/bands/songs/sounds to be listening to, or recommend, please?
Old 11/06/2008, 03:41 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I'm sure we can relate this to socionics if we *really* want to.

I just wanna know dudes, anybody listening to any good sounds just now?

What would you recommend?

I've been listening to Japanese Noise (the genre..not the band) recently, but I am not sure I would recommend it...seriously I wouldn't

Lets hear the tunes/bands/songs/sounds to be listening to, or recommend, please?
Tabla Beat Science

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 11/06/2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11/06/2008, 06:51 PM
the Omniscient

Very Electric Guitar - this guy uses a tesla coil (a quarter million volts) as a guitar amp...

u!

Quote:
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 12/06/2008, 12:32 PM
Gone on holiday...

Hey Shadowpuppet...this looks interesting...were you involved in this? Ugghh..my speakers are broke in my pc....leave it with me and I will get some headphones dude.

In meantime, whats your take on Blues music at all?

What do you think of this guy Danny Bryant? (plays in a band call Redeyed Band...Scottish!!!)

Um...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiopRvbOCJk
Old 12/06/2008, 02:47 PM

I've never had a cool music taste. I used to be heavily into Classic Rock. I tried to get into jazz as well.

I don't listen to music as much as I used to. Nowadays I just listen to soul or folk rock to relax me.

I've always been really apathetic about dance and rap and modern rock.
Old 12/06/2008, 02:56 PM
Gone on holiday...

I like listening to it. It can be interesting to hear what other folk are listening to, cause maybe will like that too.

We will work you through alphabet at some point..

One can start with Abba and will get you through to Zappa
Old 12/06/2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I like listening to it. It can be interesting to hear what other folk are listening to, cause maybe will like that too.

We will work you through alphabet at some point..

One can start with Abba and will get you through to Zappa
Alphapet. Because Benny Andersson is ISFp and Frank Zappa is ENTp.

Quote:
Alphapet. Because Benny Andersson is ISFp and Frank Zappa is ENTp.
GOTCHA!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited by Vibration; 12/06/2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12/06/2008, 08:08 PM

hmmm. I've been told I have an extremely eclectic set of musical tastes.
If I like a band, I never like everything by a band. And even if I dislike a band, I may enjoy a song or two. Just so you know as I launch into a list ...
My favorite band would be Tool. I can listen to Lateralus and 10,000 days albums over and over again and still discover new things from last time. But it's not only its complexity - most of it is actually enjoyable to listen to.
Someone mentioned Zappa - I've been listening to Frank since I was born, thanks to my Dad (who has even more eclectic taste than me!). But his music is a good example of complexity without accessibility - I *know* he was a great composer and performer, but I don't like listening to his music - a lot of it sounds corny and/or pedantic. Other childhood influences via my Dad include Grandmaster Flash, Sugarhill Gang, Grand Masters of Rap, The Sex Pistols, Social Distortion, The Ramones, Tangerine Dream, Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack, Motorhead and Kiss. My Mom was more likely to play New Orleans Jazz & Blues, the Nutcracker Suite, or showtunes like Sound of Music or Grease (her music influenced me a lot less than Dad's, although she did like a few bands like Queen and Bob Seger that I do too).
I like a lot of classic rock such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, the Who, some Rolling Stones, some Lynyrd Skynyrd, and a lot of the shit that I've been totally burned out on by hearing it skads of times on the radio is actually really good and that's why it's still getting played. I have the Dazed & Confused soundtrack - I like most of it.
I used to listen to a whole lot of classical music, and I keep meaning to listen to it still - Mozart, Mussorgsky, Dvorak, Beethoven, Stravinsky, Scriabin, Rimsky-Korsakov, BACH!!! (especially when Glen Gould was playing).
More modern stuff, at random off the top of my head: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Men At Work, Tom Petty, Ween, Beck, Morcheeba, Morphine, Nine Inch Nails, Alice in Chains, Pantera, Type O Negative, Jack Johnson, Gnarls Barkley, Gorillaz, Blur, Franz Ferdinand, White Stripes, The Raconteurs, Bob Marley, Talking Heads, Suicidal Tendencies, Schlong, Queens of the Stone Age, Cake, Slayer, The Dust Brothers, VNV Nation, A Perfect Circle, Andrew Bird, Radiohead ...
I could go on, but the post is long enough already ...
I'm not really sure musical tastes are type-related anyway. Probably certain functions come into play with *how* we enjoy music, but not *what* music we listen to.
Old 13/06/2008, 07:17 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Hey Shadowpuppet...this looks interesting...were you involved in this? Ugghh..my speakers are broke in my pc....leave it with me and I will get some headphones dude.

In meantime, whats your take on Blues music at all?

What do you think of this guy Danny Bryant? (plays in a band call Redeyed Band...Scottish!!!)

Um...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiopRvbOCJk
I like blues but I don't listen to it that often...the guy had really great vocals, and I thought he was a very talented soloist too (plus I love distorted Marshall Amps). I didn't have anything to do with the other clip...I just thought it was cool because usually a magnet in a coil pushes (and pulls) a speaker at the frequency of the guitar string; this time there was no magnet and the coil was so powerful that lightning would spit (and suck) charged particles from the air at harmonic frequencies (that's why it had that typical plasma-crackle tone), compressing and rarefying pressure waves that would probably electrocute a person (who got too near) to the rhythm of the song...

u!

Quote:
Old 13/06/2008, 11:05 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
I've never had a cool music taste. I used to be heavily into Classic Rock. I tried to get into jazz as well.
Jazz can be ok. I'm trying to think what music you would like. Hm for relaxing and stuff you could always try some Neil Young minus the Crazyhorse stuff of course!
Quote:
I don't listen to music as much as I used to. Nowadays I just listen to soul or folk rock to relax me.
Haha yeah. How about some Slayer or Megadeath? That's quite therapeutic
Quote:
I've always been really apathetic about dance and rap and modern rock.
Haha yeah. Like i've always said, the guys (musics) no good unless he's dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
I like blues but I don't listen to it that often...the guy had really great vocals, and I thought he was a very talented soloist too (plus I love distorted Marshall Amps).
Yeah man-bro, I think I might be going to see him in a few weeks. Could be an ok gig I suppose.
Quote:
I didn't have anything to do with the other clip...I just thought it was cool because usually a magnet in a coil pushes (and pulls) a speaker at the frequency of the guitar string; this time there was no magnet and the coil was so powerful that lightning would spit (and suck) charged particles from the air at harmonic frequencies (that's why it had that typical plasma-crackle tone), compressing and rarefying pressure waves that would probably electrocute a person (who got too near) to the rhythm of the song...
Spunky.

Last edited by Cyclops; 13/06/2008 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13/06/2008, 03:08 PM

I really do like Handel, Bach and Mozart.

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa7LPGqm2uk

TIP: How to embed a YouTube video...

Old 13/06/2008, 03:38 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Haha yeah. How about some Slayer or Megadeath? That's quite therapeutic

Quote:
I tried to get into jazz as well.

u!

Quote:
Old 13/06/2008, 03:48 PM

This one is my favourite piece, it starts simple and gets more and more complex:

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3izeEp3JKwc

Old 13/06/2008, 03:59 PM

Default I like blues

[quote=Vibration;11884]Alphapet. Because Benny Andersson is ISFp and Frank Zappa is ENTp.

I was born in the delta!
Old 13/06/2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post

Tapping on two guitars - show off! But I am very impressed. The bassist is good. I also adore that song. I had a recording of John Coltrane playing it live, and I've looked all over my bedroom for the last 10 minutes and couldn't find it.
Old 13/06/2008, 05:51 PM
Gone on holiday...

I also quite like that Will-I-Am song with Cheryl Tweedy/Cole. I think it's more so the video to be honest. Simple but clever and it reminds me of stars of course which are very beautiful when at night and away from the built up orange light and glow. Yeah memories of beautiful places I guess. Some sort of Si thing I s'pose

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XMKkIRcKsA

Yeah don't know if i'd buy it, but Cyclops likes all sorts to be honest.

Um...oh wait yeah here's the link, sorry...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7XMKkIRcKsA

Last edited by Zeus; 13/06/2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13/06/2008, 06:57 PM

Umm, my turn?

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjBcCl7i25M

and... well

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeH3OdgGHso

Old 13/06/2008, 07:56 PM
I'm an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
This one is my favourite piece, it starts simple and gets more and more complex:

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3izeEp3JKwc

Are you serious?
Old 13/06/2008, 08:44 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego View Post
Are you serious?
That wouldn't be Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, would it?

I haven't listened to that video yet, but I have heard EKN before.

Last edited by Kanerou; 13/06/2008 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13/06/2008, 09:40 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Tapping on two guitars - show off! But I am very impressed. The bassist is good. I also adore that song. I had a recording of John Coltrane playing it live, and I've looked all over my bedroom for the last 10 minutes and couldn't find it.
Yeah, he's chording with his left hand the way a pianist would...if you liked it you should check out his Cornucopia album, it's got this song plus some other really good ones (including a spectacular cover of John Coltrane's Impressions).

u!

Quote:

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 13/06/2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost