Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 11/06/2008, 01:37 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
maybe we should go back to the pictures?? hmmm.
I'm big on V.I.

Sometimes if VI is for whatever reasons unreliable....there are certain types at the very least which you can eliminate and say.......nah,now way, that type just doesn't jive with that kind of a disposition etc.etc.
We'll see.

TiSe
SeTi
TiNe
TeNi
NiTe
Old 11/06/2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I doubt she's an MBTI ISFP; I think that she is a delta NF which would correlate to an MBTI XNFx.

Delta and Gamma are only different in their SN attributes (TF is the same)

So you don't like the NiFi idea whether we apply it to this case or some other one??.....and you're not getting any SP vibes....???

So do you think she's the same type as me.......how can it be....we seem to argue on what appears to me to be rather insignificant things which can be avoided.......almost like you and Shadowpuppet when you first met at least ?

ALso is it too early to even speculate about a possible subtype influence ?
Old 11/06/2008, 02:19 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
So do you think she's the same type as me.......how can it be....we seem to argue on what appears to me to be rather insignificant things which can be avoided.......almost like you and Shadowpuppet when you first met at least ?
You aggravate me because you:

Question others' established types (more than once)
Willfully cling to inaccurate thinking (trying to cross MB into Socionics)
Attack people and try to make yourself out to be the victim
Overuse what could be Fe
Show what I feel to be inconsistency (saying something that sounds incendiary yet following it with a smiley), which I dislike from people
And it didn't help that you thought I was ISTp of all things. Understandable mistake, but got us off on the wrong foot

I pay attention to insignificant things.

I used to test either INFP or ISFP until I took a function test and found out that (MB) Se is my next-to-weakest function. I don't live in the here and now, but I usually live for the here and now. Unless we're talking about conflict. As far as impulsiveness, I've learned to control some of it, so it shows less.

Last edited by Kanerou; 11/06/2008 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11/06/2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
You aggravate me because you:

Question others' established types (more than once)
Willfully cling to inaccurate thinking (trying to cross MB into Socionics)
Attack people and try to make yourself out to be the victim
Overuse what could be Fe
Show what I feel to be inconsistency (saying something that sounds incendiary yet following it with a smiley), which I dislike from people
And it didn't help that you thought I was ISTp of all things. Understandable mistake, but got us off on the wrong foot

I pay attention to insignificant things.

I used to test either INFP or ISFP until I took a function test and found out that (MB) Se is my next-to-weakest function. I don't live in the here and now, but I usually live for the here and now. Unless we're talking about conflict. As far as impulsiveness, I've learned to control some of it, so it shows less.

Here is a theory....and its just a theory..... If you change your type to ISFj and I change mine to ENTp...we have a perfect explanation for why this agrevation occurs...........We're Opposites!.......but its just a little, little theory....

It seems to me that you time and time again start this......all i'm doing is minding my own business as appropriate for the forum.

My take on it:
  1. Question others' established types (more than once)--- why not if one is a perceiving type----if you're a judgmental type maybe you'll be offended by having to make additional perceptions grow up and live with it.
  2. Willfully cling to inaccurate thinking (trying to cross MB into Socionics)--this does not qualify as inaccurate thinking. If Logic does not come to you the way you want too see it.... you don't dismiss it--- there are many different forms to logic.
  3. Attack people and try to make yourself out to be the victim---- maybe its the other way around but you can't see it (hmmm...thru your Se )(there are implications from receiving instant messages as well) You should try walking in my shoes, having access to the things i have.
  4. Overuse what could be Fe--------- don't understand the connection here, i hope its not a dogmatic one as this does me no good in my pursuits.
  5. Show what I feel to be inconsistency (saying something that sounds incendiary yet following it with a smiley), which I dislike from people----- well learn to like it...take a look at yourself in the mirror....how you could use this as a reason to hate someone or despise them is beyond me. This gives me the impression that your Fi is tied to sensory experiences. To hate the usage of a smiley, common now...grow up, there a reasonto do so ---they're there and i dont frequent chat-rooms often----thanks for your very lovely introduction .
  6. And it didn't help that you thought I was ISTp of all things. Understandable mistake, but got us off on the wrong foot----- How quickly you forget my mind does not live in any one judgemental reality...i only imply on a percentage basis.....you must try harder to understand other people's minds......Too, its unfair that you use someone's typing against them. There are reasons behind every typing answer. You must accept that you're not going to get full disclosure for that reason.
  7. So shut up and accept it that i don't have any bad intentions!
Now should i be keeping a list of annoyances that i come across from other people.....No, but they better not keep one of me, cause that ain't a fair game.
Old 11/06/2008, 03:33 AM
Omnomnom

Here is a theory....and its just a theory..... If you change your type to ISFj and I change mine to ENTp...we have a perfect explanation for why this agrevation occurs...........We're Opposites!.......but its just a little, little theory....

It seems to me that you time and time again start this......all i'm doing is minding my own business as appropriate for the forum.

I'm not ISFj. Period. I brought it up because you referred to the seemingly insignificant things we argued about. I spelled them out.

1. Question others' established types (more than once)--- why not if one is a perceiving type----if you're a judgmental type maybe you'll be offended by having to make additional perceptions grow up and live with it.

As the only answer I can imagine to this is a sarcastic comment, I will refrain.

2. Attack people and try to make yourself out to be the victim---- maybe its the other way around but you can't see it (hmmm...thru your Se )(there are implications from receiving instant messages as well) You should try walking in my shoes, having access to the things i have.

Can you do something besides try to turn this back on me? And plea~se, leave my Se out of this. You accuse Cyclops of attacking you to make himself look good. It sounds like you are doing to him what you accuse him of doing to you. You act like you're the victim and he's the bad guy. Your "instant message" comment makes little sense.

3. Overuse what could be Fe--------- don't understand the connection here, i hope its not a dogmatic one as this does me no good in my pursuits.

Doesn't matter.

4. Show what I feel to be inconsistency (saying something that sounds incendiary yet following it with a smiley), which I dislike from people----- well learn to like it...take a look at yourself in the mirror....how you could use this as a reason to hate someone or despise them is beyond me. This gives me the impression that your Fi is tied to sensory experiences. To hate the usage of a smiley, common now...grow up, there a reasonto do so ---they're there and i dont frequent chat-rooms often----thanks for your very lovely introduction .

Forums, you mean? And you are getting off-point. Did I say I hated the usage of a smiley? No. You are either not reading or overreaching.

6. So shut up and accept it that i don't have any bad intentions!

Did I say you had bad intentions? No, merely that you aggravated me.

Now should i be keeping a list of annoyances that i come across from other people.....No, but they better not keep one of me, cause that ain't a fair game.

Annoyances tend to build up with me. You got on my nerves for a bit, but I never said anything. It was only when I couldn't take it anymore that I blew up.
Old 11/06/2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:

I'm not ISFj. Period. I brought it up because you referred to the seemingly insignificant things we argued about. I spelled them out.

As the only answer I can imagine to this is a sarcastic comment, I will refrain.

2. Attack people and try to make yourself out to be the victim---- maybe its the other way around but you can't see it (hmmm...thru your Se )(there are implications from receiving instant messages as well) You should try walking in my shoes, having access to the things i have.

Can you do something besides try to turn this back on me? And plea~se, leave my Se out of this. You accuse Cyclops of attacking you to make himself look good. It sounds like you are doing to him what you accuse him of doing to you. You act like you're the victim and he's the bad guy. Your "instant message" comment makes little sense.

3. Overuse what could be Fe--------- don't understand the connection here, i hope its not a dogmatic one as this does me no good in my pursuits.

Doesn't matter.

4. Show what I feel to be inconsistency (saying something that sounds incendiary yet following it with a smiley), which I dislike from people----- well learn to like it...take a look at yourself in the mirror....how you could use this as a reason to hate someone or despise them is beyond me. This gives me the impression that your Fi is tied to sensory experiences. To hate the usage of a smiley, common now...grow up, there a reasonto do so ---they're there and i dont frequent chat-rooms often----thanks for your very lovely introduction .

Forums, you mean? And you are getting off-point. Did I say I hated the usage of a smiley? No. You are either not reading or overreaching.

6. So shut up and accept it that i don't have any bad intentions!

Did I say you had bad intentions? No, merely that you aggravated me.

Annoyances tend to build up with me. You got on my nerves for a bit, but I never said anything. It was only when I couldn't take it anymore that I blew up.
btw Context is everything.

So much of your posts are focused on negativity----I've just decided i don't want to talk to you until you stop being negative......and simply appreciate this for what it is.....an open forum less the negativity----there have been too many spells of that already!
Old 11/06/2008, 03:44 AM
Omnomnom

What does your context comment have to do with anything?
Old 11/06/2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:
What does your context comment have to do with anything?
Its just a general statement which has some particulars within the course of this thread........i cant be explaining little things like this to you though...I'm bad at explaining things....its a frustrating thing to have to do once you start getting into too much detail
Old 11/06/2008, 03:08 PM
Gone on holiday...

Kanerou I think RSV3 makes a good point maybe you could be INFj.
Old 11/06/2008, 03:09 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Its just a general statement which has some particulars within the course of this thread........i cant be explaining little things like this to you though...I'm bad at explaining things....its a frustrating thing to have to do once you start getting into too much detail

If you're not willing to explain something vague, just don't say it. I'm a Delta, and I can do it. I can even take the time to refute something with evidence. You have the ability; I think you're just being lazy.

As for your refusal to talk to me, I wonder whether negativity truly upsets you, whether you simply cannot take what you dish out, or whether you simply cannot refute me. Or in your case, will not. Perhaps all three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Kanerou I think RSV3 makes a good point maybe you could be INFj.
The only problem is I'm not IJ.

Last edited by Kanerou; 11/06/2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11/06/2008, 03:11 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
The only problem is I'm not IJ.
Yeah thats the thing lol.

I've been pretty cert your p, I mean I think you are and you think so also? It makes me somewhat reticent to go over old ground but you could look at the j/p 'axis', even if only briefly?

http://www.socionics.com/articles/irra.htm
Old 11/06/2008, 03:21 PM
Omnomnom

Doing.

Oh, I typed my grandmother. She and I get along very well, and she offers me the mix of correction and support that I feel I need. Anyway, she's a Delta. Given her personality, I suspect she's INFj. My mother is Alpha, ESFj.

Quote:
Yeah thats the thing lol.

I've been pretty cert your p, I mean I think you are and you think so also? It makes me somewhat reticent to go over old ground but you could look at the j/p 'axis', even if only briefly?

http://www.socionics.com/articles/irra.htm
Hm. I can't swear as to the j. Remember, I was raised by EJs, so that's influenced me. I see myself as someone whose energy is floating around until someone comes along and channels it, at which point I can get something done. On my own, I procrastinate and get things done when I feel like it. This is why I started a book between 6 and 7 years ago, and I haven't started typing the (new) 2nd chapter yet. Constant revision and revamping (2nd revamp, I think, maybe more). As for plans, sometimes, yes. But I can also head out on the spur of the moment. Flexibility: I get going one way and only change when it's apparent to me that I need to. My adapting has a rather "que sera sera" sort of philosophy.

Last edited by Kanerou; 11/06/2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11/06/2008, 03:27 PM
Gone on holiday...

As a recap Kanerou, it seems we're looking at ENFp, INFj, and also just a hint of ESFp then?
Old 11/06/2008, 03:30 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
As a recap Kanerou, it seems we're looking at ENFp, INFj, and also just a hint of ESFp then?
Well...ESFp I doubt. Remember, I'm not Gamma. At this point, ENFp Fi seems logical. The problem is that despite all this, I still fit IP better than EP. And yet neither my grandmother nor my stepdad can see me as Beta, definitely not as strongly as Delta.
Old 11/06/2008, 03:31 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Well...ESFp I doubt. Remember, I'm not Gamma. At this point, ENFp Fi seems logical. The problem is that despite all this, I still fit IP better than EP. And yet neither my grandmother nor my stepdad can see me as Beta, definitely not as strongly as Delta.
There was also the INFp? (i'm just recapping..)
Old 11/06/2008, 03:33 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
There was also the INFp? (i'm just recapping..)
Yeah, there was.
Old 11/06/2008, 03:39 PM
Gone on holiday...

OK. So we have ENFp, INFj and INFp. Fact that you do identify with Ip temperament and you seem NF is pointing towards INFp..which I think I thought when you first started posting here. Would you be ok if your type was INFp or do you wanna be in the Delta gang?

Either way we do know we have ENFp, INFj, INFp. So.....

(Credit to Prometheus for putting on another post)

Rationality (Judging)

The person who has such sign, makes leveled rhythm of life in consecutive order. He subordinates all actions of a definite succession, decomposes everything in own definite order. He follows by a definite way, it is difficult to make him change his mind. He usually plans his actions beforehand and in each situation follows his plan or schema. He legibly imagines what will do during a day. But if it is necessary to rebuilt under the the inflected conditions and circumstances he straines, making a lot of efforts, for is disturbed the measure of actions. Therefore it often happens, that the circumstances have already changed but the person prolongs to think and to act according to the pre-positioned plan, that results him in due course in blind corner. It is possible to call it as peculiar "bit seizure".

He will not do several acts synchronously, he works without changing the marked plan, therefore he starts new operation only after completion the previous one, othervise it beats him out from a track. He stands ostinately on his own, does not revise his stands, tends to be the a master of a position. He holds on to principles, established rules and norms, respects traditions and customs. He follows his own understanding in everything, if he has already judgement on the person, perceives him like he thinks about him, instead of perceiving him according to his behavior. The words: "The Person in a case" are about the rational person.

He sets the operating instructions, does not search for new methods and alternatives, does not charge himself with new situations, gives advantage to the old tested ways, for he is a little conservative.

He insists on timeliness beginning of implementation of operation, he wants the operation to be carried out methodically, sequentially. He abides the order, he is punctual, accurate, precise and hopes to find these qualities in others. He puts each thing on its own place and wants to see it right there. He writes down about things which should make, sometimes writes a diary. He holds on to the order on the job and at home, irritates when somebody sidetracks him.

Rational rerson has his own style, which is characterized by regularity and constancy. Any unplanned variation can call rough reaction.

Irrationality (Perceiving)

Having such sign the person quickly accepts and values a situation. But he does not come into it at once, some time looks narrowly at the created conditions, only then makes a choice. He will not hurry with the conclusions: to reach something, it is necessary for him to ripen and to feel an internal jerk: "it is time". If he accepts a situation, it is easy for him to find his own place. Due to his impulsiveness and flexibility he easy tailored for nonconstant circumstances. He considers that a development of events will put everything on the places. In a desperate situation he does not loose himself and does not depend on confluences of circumstances, he easy does smoothly varying transferring and goes out of it. He demonstrates diverse alternatives, stages of a development of events. If it is necessary to leave from an uncomfortable situation, he acts even more quickly, and stops to be active as soon as purpose is reached.

He can hold down some situations under check. He selects at present moment the most effective situation, the most optimal one and changes one plans by others if it is necessary. He starts to do synchronously several matters, does them simultaneously, begining with one matter and switching over to the other, successfully completing everything. As a rule he acts according to a situation and does not overstrain himself with the plans and terms of implementation of operations. He easily goes on mutual concessions.

He never prepares for any matter beforehand. Never retries in operation, do everything extempore. He can delay with matters, sidetrack them to the last minute, relying on his inspiration, the skill to improvise, or happy case. He tries to find new, unusual methods and does not use the old ones.

The abstractions during operation do not foil. All operatings depend on his mood, and the smallest jerk becomes a source of inspiration absorbing in a matter, thus the pace of work is inflected. Having undergone defections he easily switch over to something else. Thus undertakes a great many of matters, which are even little bound among themselves.

He ignores conventional traditions, rigid systems, rules and standard routines. The necessity to hold on to the plan steadily disturbs him. He manages well with sudden and extreme situations. He bents to looking for alternatives and miscellaneous approaches. At a solution of a problem he discovers multi-variant approach. He respects the order, but it is pleasant for him to convert each work into an entertainment, if the work is uninteresting it loses its sense.

The indorsement for fruitful life is everything which can bring novelty and variety. The sudden random variations during a day promote capacity for work, for he requires a choice of operatings, probable alternatives of behavior, relationships between the people, phenomena, things. The extreme situations inspire him and if it is necessary he works with availability also in after-hour time.

I or P Kanerou?
Old 11/06/2008, 04:28 PM
House Robot

Quote:
At this point, ENFp Fi seems logical. The problem is that despite all this, I still fit IP better than EP. And yet neither my grandmother nor my stepdad can see me as Beta, definitely not as strongly as Delta.
Forget about the quadras. Typing someone by quadra is the worst possible of all typing methods. You simply can't type a person by looking at the quadras -- you almost always go astray if you try to do that. So what your grandmother and stepdad says here is totally irrelevant.

The available evidence strongly suggests INFp, so that is the type you should believe that you are until it is proven false. So far no one on this fourm has come up with an argument against INFp that is even close to deserving serious consideration.
Old 11/06/2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Forget about the quadras. Typing someone by quadra is the worst possible of all typing methods. You simply can't type a person by looking at the quadras -- you almost always go astray if you try to do that. So what your grandmother and stepdad says here is totally irrelevant.

The available evidence strongly suggests INFp, so that is the type you should believe that you are until it is proven false. So far no one on this fourm has come up with an argument against INFp that is even close to deserving serious consideration.
INFp thats what I said! I have a INFp father and I had that same 'vibe' I got with him that I got with you Kanerou.
Old 11/06/2008, 07:38 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post

My father also says IEE fits me the best so far, so he hasn't looked only at quadras. Have you seen the Socionics Clinic thread? There's more info on there.

Acknowledging your post, chinosleep. I don't have a whole lot to say about it yet.

Quote:
OK. So we have ENFp, INFj and INFp. Fact that you do identify with Ip temperament and you seem NF is pointing towards INFp..which I think I thought when you first started posting here. Would you be ok if your type was INFp or do you wanna be in the Delta gang?

Either way we do know we have ENFp, INFj, INFp. So.....

(Credit to Prometheus for putting on another post)

Rationality (Judging)

The person who has such sign, makes leveled rhythm of life in consecutive order. He subordinates all actions of a definite succession, decomposes everything in own definite order. He follows by a definite way, it is difficult to make him change his mind (sometimes, yes). He usually plans his actions beforehand and in each situation follows his plan or schema (envisions, yes). He legibly imagines what will do during a day (on certain things). But if it is necessary to rebuilt under the the inflected conditions and circumstances he straines, making a lot of efforts, for is disturbed the measure of actions. Therefore it often happens, that the circumstances have already changed but the person prolongs to think and to act according to the pre-positioned plan, that results him in due course in blind corner (yes; it can depend, though, on the situation. I'm not thoroughly inflexible). It is possible to call it as peculiar "bit seizure".

He will not do several acts synchronously, he works without changing the marked plan, therefore he starts new operation only after completion the previous one, othervise it beats him out from a track (ha! Not me). He stands ostinately on his own, does not revise his stands, tends to be the a master of a position (depends). He holds on to principles, established rules and norms, respects traditions and customs (depends). He follows his own understanding in everything, if he has already judgement on the person, perceives him like he thinks about him, instead of perceiving him according to his behavior (Yes; when I have feelings for a person, I either like them or don't, and good/bad acts will further my opinion). The words: "The Person in a case" are about the rational person.

He sets the operating instructions, does not search for new methods and alternatives (not after I've established a method), does not charge himself with new situations, gives advantage to the old tested ways, for he is a little conservative (yes, I can be).

He insists on timeliness beginning of implementation of operation, he wants the operation to be carried out methodically, sequentially (*shrugs*). He abides the order, he is punctual, accurate, precise and hopes to find these qualities in others (to a point, I am). He puts each thing on its own place and wants to see it right there (Nope). He writes down about things which should make, sometimes writes a diary (yeah). He holds on to the order on the job and at home, irritates when somebody sidetracks him (depends on how focused I am and how interested in the project I am).

Rational rerson has his own style, which is characterized by regularity and constancy (to a point). Any unplanned variation can call rough reaction.

Irrationality (Perceiving)

Having such sign the person quickly accepts and values a situation. But he does not come into it at once, some time looks narrowly at the created conditions, only then makes a choice (I don't act decisively, if that's what this is saying). He will not hurry with the conclusions: to reach something, it is necessary for him to ripen and to feel an internal jerk: "it is time". If he accepts a situation, it is easy for him to find his own place. Due to his impulsiveness and flexibility he easy tailored for nonconstant circumstances (I can roll with the punches if necessary). He considers that a development of events will put everything on the places. In a desperate situation he does not loose himself and does not depend on confluences of circumstances, he easy does smoothly varying transferring and goes out of it (I dunno, I stress easily). He demonstrates diverse alternatives, stages of a development of events (maybe). If it is necessary to leave from an uncomfortable situation, he acts even more quickly, and stops to be active as soon as purpose is reached (don't know).

He can hold down some situations under check. He selects at present moment the most effective situation, the most optimal one (possibly; this sounds good) and changes one plans by others if it is necessary. He starts to do synchronously several matters, does them simultaneously, begining with one matter and switching over to the other, successfully completing everything (completing? What is the meaning of this word?). As a rule he acts according to a situation and does not overstrain himself with the plans and terms of implementation of operations. He easily goes on mutual concessions (maybe, if I interpret this correctly).

He never prepares for any matter beforehand (don't know about that). Never retries in operation, do everything extempore. He can delay with matters, sidetrack them to the last minute, relying on his inspiration, the skill to improvise, or happy case (Yes!). He tries to find new, unusual methods and does not use the old ones.

The abstractions during operation do not foil. All operatings depend on his mood (yup), and the smallest jerk becomes a source of inspiration absorbing in a matter, thus the pace of work is inflected. Having undergone defections he easily switch over to something else ( ). Thus undertakes a great many of matters, which are even little bound among themselves.

He ignores conventional traditions, rigid systems (ack), rules and standard routines (I don't necessarily follow them to the letter if I don't have to). The necessity to hold on to the plan steadily disturbs him. He manages well with sudden and extreme situations. He bents to looking for alternatives and miscellaneous approaches. At a solution of a problem he discovers multi-variant approach. He respects the order, but it is pleasant for him to convert each work into an entertainment, if the work is uninteresting it loses its sense.

The indorsement for fruitful life is everything which can bring novelty and variety. The sudden random variations during a day promote capacity for work, for he requires a choice of operatings, probable alternatives of behavior, relationships between the people, phenomena, things. The extreme situations inspire him and if it is necessary he works with availability also in after-hour time.

I or P Kanerou?
My steam ran out at the end. Hence no comments.

Blast. Anything in parentheses is mine (my comment).

Last edited by Kanerou; 11/06/2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost