Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 03/02/2006, 02:16 PM

Default Type me, type me!

Bad double entandre I know.
But go ahead, you know you want to....slap a four letter acronym on me. Since I'm now utterly lost as to my type, I figure I need some expert advice. I'll pretend the tests I've taken don't exist for simplicity's sake (they seem only to confuzzle things even more).

I'm not a people person, it may take me weeks to warm up to a group of people. Often I will put up a mental block to keep myself from being overwhelmed emotionally or socially-I rarely let down my guard. I tend to be blunt, straightforward, and do not mince words when giving my opinion (not always an asset, I've discovered). I value justice and fairness, even if it's apparently against my personal preferences. However, it takes me forever to make up my mind about certain things, and most of the time I will end up in the middle ground because I would rather not make a decision than be proven wrong. Usually as a reaction I'll make an impulsive decision that only propogates the fear of being wrong-or inaccurate.
I value practical people, but I'm a chronic fantasist, I daydream most of my days away. I enjoy art, music, spiritual topics, or any attempt at them for their own sake, and I like a variety of topics. I'm fatally curious and this has gotten me into trouble in the past. Puzzles and mysteries fascinate me.

I dislike authority figures, and will sometimes play the devil's advocate for no apparent reason (I won't be arguing a point so much as I will be arguing against someone else's).

Apparently I have a morbid, very sick sense of humor. I can be sarcastic at times, but I take others' remarks at face value, and often become offended because I can't tell if they're engaging me in witty, playful gest or if they're underhandedly mocking me. I take requests and orders very literally "Could I have a pencil, please?" Means exactly one pencil, any pencil, type or proximity not specified.

I am emotionally very aloof, or so I'm told. Sometimes I will think things without communicating them, and this frustrates others. I will have a perfectly sound reason in my mind for doing things, but to others it will look absurd or unfounded. My social skills tend to decline as a result.

...well, I think that's enough to put you all to sleep for now.

Any ideas?

*waits for sentancing*
Old 03/02/2006, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Type me, type me!

Logical subtype! The rest you know...
Old 03/02/2006, 05:38 PM

Sounds like an LII to me.
Old 03/02/2006, 05:43 PM

*blink* LII?
Old 03/02/2006, 05:45 PM

Logical-Intuitive Intratim aka INTj
Old 03/02/2006, 05:48 PM

Ah
Old 03/02/2006, 05:54 PM

I try to avoid the MB style designations. They tend to cause some confusion between the two systems.
Old 03/02/2006, 05:58 PM

So I'm beginning to see. I find this system to be a bit more concise than the one I'm used to dealing with.

One question, though: I don't identify with the INTJ hidden agenda (I have a considerable disregard for my health, mental or otherwise, especially when I'm concentrating on something..staying healthy really isn't a priority for me even if it should be). What exactly does "to be healthy" mean for LIIs?
Old 03/02/2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nyx:
So I'm beginning to see. I find this system to be a bit more concise than the one I'm used to dealing with.
Socionics or the abbreviation?
Old 03/02/2006, 06:04 PM

Socionics vs. MBTI acronyms.
Old 03/02/2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
One question, though: I don't identify with the INTJ hidden agenda (I have a considerable disregard for my health, mental or otherwise, especially when I'm concentrating on something..staying healthy really isn't a priority for me even if it should be). What exactly does "to be healthy" mean for LIIs?
Waaazzzzzaaaaaaap?
Old 03/02/2006, 06:21 PM

Quote:
The hidden agenda is a subconscious weak producing function. as an agenda tries to create health and comfort. It's not so much about being a health freak as it is about being comfortable with your physical state. I'm not exactly Captain Health myself, but I do need to keep myself comfortable. The hidden agenda is the most obvious when it's not fulfilled.
Old 03/02/2006, 06:29 PM

Hmmmmm....
Comfort, yes. But who doesn't want comfort? Anyone can freak out in the wrong environment.
Old 03/02/2006, 06:31 PM

INTj -
- Super-Id block
- Fe (5th suggestive function)
- Si (6th Hidden Agenda)

People who have Fe as a 5th function and Si as a 6th functions will appear to others as though they are trying to be artsy people persons, but in reality they are probably just being perceived as indirect, passive, and really picky about their surroundings.

I had an INTj roommate in college that was very much like this, you could tell he liked certain atmospheres and was constantly trying to recreate a certain enviroment around him, but he would tolerate other atmospheres even though you could tell he did not really like most other unfamiliar atmospheres.

He was a good roommate though, I could not complain.
Old 03/02/2006, 06:33 PM

And by the way Nyx, you used some blatant intuition that looked alot like Ne in some other post. So, I think you are some type that has Ne in the Ego block.
Old 03/02/2006, 06:40 PM

How does one detect Ne, out of curiosity? How is it different from Ni?
Old 03/02/2006, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Anything with an "e" at the end tends to be simplified...don't want to use the word shallow...don't want to use the word shallow...ok, shallow in comparison with its "i" equivalent -> Ne, Te, Se, Fe.
Old 03/02/2006, 06:56 PM

Old 03/02/2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Well, normally you can tell someone is using Ne when they start to mumble on about various abstract concepts and speak of them as they are all true (this is not to be confused with being 'open minded' or a 'line of logic'). Ne is every bit about the consideration of the possibilities of the things that are unseen and non-concrete, usually things that other people personally believe and hold as true. An Ne dominant person will usually be like "hmmmm, this guy believes this, another believes that, she believes this, he believes that" and will naturally attempt to understand the totality of what another person believes and see all points of view.

Ne as a 2nd function is a little diffrent. Usually it is used as a tool to direct people's attention back to the 1st function by appealing to whatever they find abstract.

Ni is essentially the deductive abstract capabilities of time with a sort of elimination process. A person who has Ni can see what has been proven to be absractly good in the past and will use that as a model to form what is abstractly good in the present and in the future. Ni also involves a type of verticle ability to deduct from the happenings of the abstract past to predict the outcomes of the future. Think of it as sort of like card-counting, you know how many cards have been played out and once people start playing their hands you can use deduction to determine what is left in the pile. That is what Ni does to make predictions.

Ni as a 2nd function is usally used to qualify the abstract quality of input derived the first function. Sort of like doing a test run to see what things qualify and what things do not. That sort of thing.
Old 04/02/2006, 07:03 AM

Let me see if I understand the functions aright...does LII have introverted thinking and extroverted intuition? Or am I totally screwing it up?