Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 17/09/2007, 03:12 PM

Default How developped can each function be?

Some might say that any function can be developped very well. I think that yes, they can be developped but not all of them can be well-developped.

Here you have the reasons:

1. There is a kind of antimony between opposite functions, to acquire a precise level of developpment a function has to be practiced for a certain amount of time, doing a certain amount of exercises and doing a certain amount of energy. The antimony makes one use the preferred function so much that there hasn't been enough time in life to reach all the amounts required. So before practicing a function you need to make it available for practice and that's difficult. because a certain game of swinging (like the one you used to play to when you were children, one child sits on one chair the other sits on the opposite chair ) happens between the opposite functions and the weights are very unequal. The unpreferred function will find it difficult to reach the ground. (this analogy is not mine )

2. Usually there is a bad experience with the unpreferred functions. They are the functions of errors, leftness, weakness. They very rapidly provoke negative comments. So negative emotions (resultant from past bad experiences) usually arise with the usage of the unpreferred functions. That's one reason why one might be reluctant to work over his unpreferred functions.

3. The expression of the unpreferred functions is so inapropriate that the preferred functions won't allow them to face the hard situations of life which are the situations that helps the functions develop the most, since one developps his muscles faster when he is doing tough body building exercises than when he is lifting babies.(lol)

4. We might find that for us to a certain thing using an unpreferred function requires so much effort that the opposite function which is preferred decides to cheat in order to help the ego avoid all the energy loss.
Old 20/09/2007, 05:09 PM

Though, logical reasoning is not where I'm strong at, I'd like to ask, what exatly is a function?

Well yeah, function does something and all the functions together form the whole. So the functions of psyche form the psyche.

But what are socionics functions?

Psychic functions are thinking, emotions, language, memory and so on.

But what exactly is a feeling function in socionics? Because a feeling type thinks too. And in sense of psychology, hes thinking is logical and reasonable, be cause he solves day to day problems.

And thinking types have emotions too. They are angry, feel pain, become motivated and so on.

So my point is, if you observe functions in my sense, then you can explain people according to psychology. And you realy don't see any socionics functions. There arn't any.

So what do socionists realy see, type and explain?
Old 20/09/2007, 08:05 PM

To me, one function can only exist where another does not exist. They "displace" one another. If feeling is in one place, then thinking cannot also be in that place and must be in another place. So functions are clusters of looks, traits, or behaviors that do not separate from one another. These clusters can only exist in two places, IN or OUT.
Old 21/09/2007, 11:54 AM

Jsb'07 I think that the question you should ask is what does it mean to prefer a function over another. Nobody is saying that Feelers do not think. You have a left hand and a right hand, suppose that you have a preference for the righthand, does that mean that you don't use your left hand? Put your left hand behind your back for half an hour and see how difficult will it be to manage.

So the question you should be asking is : what does prefering a function over another mean? I tried to solve this problem and what I have reached is that: If in most situations were using function X doesn't consist any threat to the ego, nor does using function Y, we choose to use function X than we have a preference for function X over function Y.

Oh no this definition doesn't work, there are contradictions with what I said above because from what I said above the usage of the unpreferred functions does always make a threat to the ego. Give me some time to organizre my thoughts.

Last edited by complicater-complexer; 21/09/2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23/09/2007, 05:11 PM

No, your thoughts are clear and easy to follow. That why I replyed in first place.

But it's time to leave this forum. The forums are like homes of other people. And when the owner finds you a bit annoying, then you should leave the place, as you should tolerate he' s opinion and act moraly. Other wise you are selfcentered and should feel yourself dumb and shamed. And I think that's how things are with me in here. I've had my bad days, I've ignored the normal rules of behaviour. So it's time to say good bye!

BTW! As a last thing. I think that the option for others to write mails from the site to a owner, should be stopped. And also users, who don't post anithing should be deleted. To stop people creating informational garbage.
Old 24/09/2007, 02:54 PM

I don't understand. Why are you telling ME about that? and not Sergei?
Old 25/09/2007, 07:19 AM

Because he wants you to whip his arse!
Old 25/09/2007, 01:10 PM

Good, I'm gonna destroy all the fat in it. And after having finished whipping it I will put a very hot metalic thin tube on it.
Old 30/12/2007, 11:04 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Because he wants you to whip his arse!
I guess as an ISTp this question may be somewhat personal, but, why do you push people away ? It happens too often to be coincidence.