Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 21/03/2006, 04:50 AM

Default INTp is me?

It seems to me that socionics is much more thought out and scientific than MBTI is. I never could pin down my MBTI type mainly because all there ever was to explain types were generic explanations and descriptions like typelogic.com and whatnot. Nothing about hidden agendas or specific behaviors. I used to hang on the old 9types.com forum but that place was a bit of a mess. I think i'm starting to get my type pinned down. I'm definately some kind of NT. Most likely INTp, but i'm just waiting for the uncovered INTp profile to see what comes out. I've been struggling a bit about whether i am T or F and apparently this is often the struggle of INXp's. I am generally unemotional but am always falling over some girl or at least scouting out my next object of affection. I am nice, polite, a bit conservative in my dress(when at work anyway). I am shy at first but tend to open up in unpredictable ways when i get comfortable around people. I am often sarcastic and joking around people i know and quiet and observant around everyone else. My thoughts aren't conducive to logical structures of theoretical models but predicting the future of events in my life based on what i know of myself or others. I am often daydreaming about stories that could take place in my life if the basic facts around the story had fallen into place. In this respect i can be quite the romantic in my head but in real life i rarely get the chance to show this. I spend most of my time in front of my computer screen playing with code, surfing the web and IRC'ing. Oh yeah, and video games. Can't forget those. Been playing with my Xbox 360 lately. Anyways, does this sound like an INTp?
Old 21/03/2006, 07:55 AM

Default Re: INTp is me?

What do you do when you are alone?
Old 21/03/2006, 10:04 AM

So far it definitely sounds a lot like me, but that is probably not much help to you, since i am still not sure about my type. You may look in the thread "Need help to type me" if there are further similarities, perhaps we can figure this out.

What would be interesting is your behaviour in commmunications. I read that you are somewhat reserved towards unknown people, but open up once you know them. This is a lot like me, but i still think to be reserved because one is very sceptical or to be generally shy isn't exactly the same. Therefore it isn't perhaps only the type, but also past experience that may influence your appproach towards other people. It is also possible that your openess towards other people is influencend by the location you meet them. If so, it can be quite difficult to figure things out.

Can you stay alone or do you need someone around you? Do you strive for adventure, improvisation and unplanned actions? Do you feel isolated? Moody? Are you empathic? What sort of games do you play? Do you spend much time on details? Are you creative? Do you feel defective? Are you adaptable to new locations/situations? How do you react when forced to do seomething you don't like? Do you rely on physical power to solve conflicts? When you are daydreaming, are you gone completely or still aware of your surroundings?
Answering these questions should help.
Old 22/03/2006, 07:09 PM

Quote:
What do you do when you are alone?
Alone? I'm never really alone. I always have my MP3 player or a TV/Computer within gaze.

Quote:
It is also possible that your openess towards other people is influencend by the location you meet them. If so, it can be quite difficult to figure things out.
That i would agree with. It does depend on where i meet someone, the environment and who else is around. Especially if i'm in an environment I'm already comfortable in and know 95% of the people already.

Quote:
Can you stay alone or do you need someone around you? Do you strive for adventure, improvisation and unplanned actions? Do you feel isolated? Moody? Are you empathic? What sort of games do you play? Do you spend much time on details? Are you creative? Do you feel defective? Are you adaptable to new locations/situations? How do you react when forced to do seomething you don't like? Do you rely on physical power to solve conflicts? When you are daydreaming, are you gone completely or still aware of your surroundings?
Answering these questions should help.
I can stay alone no problem but do enjoy company. When my mind starts running i like to bounce ideas off of other people to see what they think. unplanned actions? Improvisation? I'm not sure what that even means. I pretty much sit at a computer screen all day either coding at work or playing games at home. My friends(aside from work buddies) i see every once in a while but not often. I play mostly RPGs or first/third person shooters. I played World of Warcraft for a very long time but gave up on it.
Isolated? Kinda, if i didn't have IRC buddies to talk to all the time.
Details? Another one i'm not sure the definition necessarily.
Empathic? I don't deal much with emotions on the job or at play but i am a generally caring person and generally get along great with people and animals. (my house is filled with 3 pugs, 1 cat and my iguana)(FYI - I still live with my parents - not all the pets are mine)
Creative? Not unusually but I have my moments, mostly in the department of humor is where i exorcise my creativity.
Defective? No more or less than any other man. I'm a recovering Schizoaffective on very heavy meds but I am stable and able to hold jobs and function more or less like a normal person.
Physical power? Nah. not anymore anyway. When i was younger i had a mean temper and would get in fights a lot but i've since grown out of that.
Daydreaming... depending on the subject matter. I usually daydream when i listen to music more than any other time. I'm usually there enough to be able to daydream and drive (unless i'm daydreaming about a girl - but that's another story altogether)
Old 22/03/2006, 10:35 PM

Do you have a photo showing you in natural pose/expression to VI?

Regarding the disorder you mentioned, which of the following types is yours?

(a) Depressive subtype, characterized by major depressive episodes only

(b) Bipolar subtype, characterized by manic episodes with or without depressive symptoms or depressive episodes
Old 22/03/2006, 10:53 PM

I don't have a picture of me this very moment. I'm having trouble with my digital camera. but as for the second question: The Depressive Subtype.
Old 23/03/2006, 10:28 AM

What was your age, when you got the diagnosis?

Would you say you have an anxious, fearful and dependent personality?
Old 24/03/2006, 02:03 AM

Quote:
What was your age, when you got the diagnosis?

Would you say you have an anxious, fearful and dependent personality?
I was 18 when i was diagnosed. But no, i would not say i am anxious, fearful or dependant.
Old 27/03/2006, 09:52 AM

Did you do the Socionics tye assistant already? What is your result in this test?
Old 30/03/2006, 03:37 AM

I came out as INTX. but i didn't finish choosing all the words. My attention was focused elsewhere.
Old 31/03/2006, 10:45 PM

Does this often happen to you?
Old 02/04/2006, 12:45 AM

what i know of intp females:
(which isnt too much so dont take this too seriously)

1. teenage and/or young adult years are spent in a haze of recreational drug use. and by recreational, i mean all the time. this includes week, coke, and ex. of course booze as well, but mostly weed. and they do it for years before realizing how silly it was.

2. love being goth and wearing black. they later realize how silly that was and stop doing it.

3. they seem to not realize that they could be really good at many things, but instead focus on one thing and ignore others. for example: if they are good at math/physics then they are not good at literature. vice versa. in reality, they could do either and be successful.

4. all about different positions in the bedroom.

5. have no problem getting all worked up and being extremely physical in a public place. sex in a semi-public(at least) place is not out of the question if you get them going.

6. never met one that didnt smoke.

7. love it when you tell them that they are good at predicting others behavior.
Old 02/04/2006, 01:43 AM

Might help... If i were a female.
Old 03/04/2006, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Human s/n #098621:
Does this often happen to you?
Only when taking personality tests. I tend to have trouble figuring out whether i am describing myself on a general basis or just describing how i feel at that particular moment.
Old 09/04/2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by time is being:
what i know of intp females:
(which isnt too much so dont take this too seriously)

1. teenage and/or young adult years are spent in a haze of recreational drug use. and by recreational, i mean all the time. this includes week, coke, and ex. of course booze as well, but mostly weed. and they do it for years before realizing how silly it was.

2. love being goth and wearing black. they later realize how silly that was and stop doing it.

3. they seem to not realize that they could be really good at many things, but instead focus on one thing and ignore others. for example: if they are good at math/physics then they are not good at literature. vice versa. in reality, they could do either and be successful.

4. all about different positions in the bedroom.

5. have no problem getting all worked up and being extremely physical in a public place. sex in a semi-public(at least) place is not out of the question if you get them going.

6. never met one that didnt smoke.

7. love it when you tell them that they are good at predicting others behavior.
Might as well respong to this instead of being sarcastic(Even though i am a guy ).

1. I pretty much was stoned through all of high school. At least the weekends anyway since during the week was rather hard for me to get away with it.

2. I wasn't goth but i certainly preferred darker colors when i was younger. Marilyn Manson, Metallica tshirts. etc.

3. Yeah, i could be better at most shit but i pretty much focus on computers.

4. I plead the 5th.

5. see 4.

6. Used to smoke. For a long time but quit. Smoking cloves(kreteks) wasnt out of the question either.

7. Never had anyone complement me on that one before.
Old 24/06/2006, 12:17 PM

Yes i would say you're an INTP.

NT are rationals
NF are feelers
Old 26/06/2006, 10:44 AM

You might even be ENTp, what you describe sounds somewhat like me, and I'm in doubt over ENTp or INTp.
Old 05/07/2006, 08:39 PM

When the INTP is at home they look a lot like an ENTP.
But when around a lot of (somewhat unfamiliar) people, the INTP gets a bit more silent and listens sharply. The ENTP however starts to speak (and shout) a lot to anyone and is very witty and makes fun of everyone.

ENTP is THE partymaker, INTP is a bystander.
Old 07/07/2006, 10:08 PM
In exile

The way you describe yourself, and the way your statements are in your posts sound like you use Extraverted Intuition alot. I'd say ENTp or INTj are your possibilites. INTp doesn't sound like a correct assumption based on the material you've provided.
Old 08/07/2006, 07:28 AM

Try this short little test at:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

It's not as comprehensive as the socionics type assistant, but it can provide useful insight. If you are planning on posting the results here include the "strength of preferences" percentages.

Also, what can sometimes help is making a list of the types that you are certain you are _not_. It's often possible to narrow it down to 4 or less this way. Then research these types in depth.