Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 31/07/2007, 12:37 AM

Default INTp or INTj

Here's my dilemma and how my psyche is working these days.

I've been trying to start a workout regimen so I can put myself on the market again. I'm however pretty inept at maintaining a physical routine, and will often completely disregard my health.

Basically I want to be healthy so I can find love. It's almost like I'm trying to fulfill two hidden agendas. I've always tested very balanced INTj/INTp and it's almost a matter of mood whether or not I go for one hidden agenda or another. Like if i'm hungry, I'm INTj, if I'm emotionally moved I'm INTp.

I am inclined to believe that perhaps the j/p issue is just our bodies way of informing us of our physical and psychological needs. Once the physical needs are met, then we move to the psychological needs, and vice versa. Because for a INTj/INTp, the needs are basic, and grounded in physical and psychological well being it can be affected by emotional state and physical ailments.

I also type very balanced E/I and have typed ENTP before.

Perhaps a balanced e/i j/p NT personality can have highly developed Ne/Ni/Te/Ti functions.

And maybe I'm just INTp because I cannot address my hidden agenda directly.
Old 31/07/2007, 02:55 AM
Resident Transexual

You aren't trying to be healthy so you can find love. No, the avenue for which your "finding love journey" is made easier by a process that has a side effect of making you healthy.

Besides, isn't everyone in some way looking for all of these "hidden agenda" things?
Old 31/07/2007, 09:45 PM

On a complete hunch, if the only reason you're trying to be healthy is for the purpose of love, i.e. not being healthy for the sake of being healthy, I'd guess INTp. Based purely on that little bit of information anyway, it's not a definite typing.
Old 31/07/2007, 09:57 PM
NS2D

Hmmm....I've definitely taken up doing weights, jogging and stuff in the past just to be sexier to the ladies...but rarely (or perhaps never) will L*ve figure in the equation.

Oh yeah and rarely did it ever actually work!
Old 01/08/2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
On a complete hunch, if the only reason you're trying to be healthy is for the purpose of love, i.e. not being healthy for the sake of being healthy, I'd guess INTp. Based purely on that little bit of information anyway, it's not a definite typing.
I tend to believe this as well, as I tend to display some very definite p characteristics.

Al through I can be very structured in some ways, I let many things go in order to achieve this structure. I'm often late, procrastinate, there is always some kernal of disorganization.

I also test out 5w4, everything seems fairly consistent to bias me towards more or less a INTp personality, with j only a bit less then p.

What is kind of a fine line with socionics is that this j/p issue can change a dual relationship to a conflicting one. This is not a issue that I can ignore... then again it seems that INTp is more or less what I am as my concern is relationship related.
Old 01/08/2007, 05:06 AM
Resident Transexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
What is kind of a fine line with socionics is that this j/p issue can change a dual relationship to a conflicting one.
Yeah, but you don't select people by type first. Like, if you were INTx and you got along famously with an ESFy, then I would probably say x=y no matter if x=p or if x=j.

So, basically, it isn't anything to really worry about. I feel bad for all of you INT types having to have ESF types as your duals, as I personally cannot deal with any of them for any length of time without wanting to go completely nuts.
Old 01/08/2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transigent View Post
Yeah, but you don't select people by type first. Like, if you were INTx and you got along famously with an ESFy, then I would probably say x=y no matter if x=p or if x=j.

So, basically, it isn't anything to really worry about. I feel bad for all of you INT types having to have ESF types as your duals, as I personally cannot deal with any of them for any length of time without wanting to go completely nuts.
I have a very bad relationship with someone in my immediate family that is xSFx, probably ESFj, and the way we interact socially drives me completely.... insane. I think it's very hard to figure out if someone is i/e or j/p....

I love them because they are family, but any social interaction beyond a day or so and I basically start looking for a weapon to kill myself or them. Things can be good if we keep it short and brief and superficial.

I can definitely see how my last relationships with xSFp females could validate me being typed INTp. I really like being around ESF types it seems, but long term close interaction would need us to be matched j/p.
Old 01/08/2007, 07:44 PM

How good are you at typing people? If you have some skill in it (not necessarily being an expert, but if you can get a good idea of someone's type) you could try evaluating your relationships between others and seeing how that maps out. What I have in mind is if you know any other alpha or gamma types (alpha types are ESFj, ISFp, ENTp and INTj; gamma types are ESFp, ISFj, ENTj and INTp) and evaluate how well you get on with them. In theory you're supposed to get on better with people from your own quadra than the opposing one (which, all other things being equal, generally is true, although there are exceptions to this).

Again, this wouldn't prove anything for definite, but if you do know anyone else's types, regardless of what the type might be, try evaluating your relationship with that person and see if you can match it to any of the intertype relations. It would help narrow things down, if nothing else.
Old 01/08/2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
How good are you at typing people? If you have some skill in it (not necessarily being an expert, but if you can get a good idea of someone's type) you could try evaluating your relationships between others and seeing how that maps out. What I have in mind is if you know any other alpha or gamma types (alpha types are ESFj, ISFp, ENTp and INTj; gamma types are ESFp, ISFj, ENTj and INTp) and evaluate how well you get on with them. In theory you're supposed to get on better with people from your own quadra than the opposing one (which, all other things being equal, generally is true, although there are exceptions to this).

Again, this wouldn't prove anything for definite, but if you do know anyone else's types, regardless of what the type might be, try evaluating your relationship with that person and see if you can match it to any of the intertype relations. It would help narrow things down, if nothing else.
I found this post on another forum...
http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12550

My temperament would be IP, IJ is pretty much not me.
As far as my ability to identify type goes, if I'm right then it would explain the bad relationships I've had. xSFj women and I = insanity. xSFp women and I = good.

You mentioning of the Quadra gives me some insight into what I might be typed as, and it's not INTj but ENTp. Which has ISFp as a dual.

My brother tests out to be INTj and our relationship is the Mirror relationship and his wife seems to be ISFp. I might have grown more I as I've grown older and that might explain why I type INTp where as when I was younger I typed ENTp.

My desk at home is littered with destroyed pens but I haven't been playing with pens recently.
Old 01/08/2007, 10:03 PM

Blauriclfkjdon might be right about you, can't quite figure how did he managed to screw up his own type though...
Old 01/08/2007, 10:10 PM
NS2D

BLptniton

That's how I see it.
Old 01/08/2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Blauriclfkjdon might be right about you, can't quite figure how did he managed to screw up his own type though...
Since you keep going on about this so much, what type do you think I am then? And why?
Old 02/08/2007, 08:07 PM

I re-read a lot of stuff and I'm pretty sure I'm neither INTp or INTj, I'm still ENTp.

My main functions are the same as INTj and I am mistyping myself as I rather then E. The main functions for INTp don't really fit me.

Temperament wise this fits more the the introverted description.

"Emotions seem as unexpected flashes in their generally relaxed mood. In a moment rage can turn into indifference. Note that their emotions depend on the external changes, not on the inner psychological reasons."

Also the hidden agenda is right, I'm not getting healthy to have emotion to to receive it. Sometimes you think you've changed, but it didn't really happen.

EDIT: Also, is typing always so hard? I guess it might be hard sometime to have a honest perception of one's own psyche.

Last edited by hkkmr; 02/08/2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02/08/2007, 08:16 PM

Maybe an INFp?
Old 02/08/2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Maybe an INFp?
INFp profile definately doesn't fit me. ENTp characteristics fit me pretty much, clothing, absentminded-ness, gestures. Except I haven't tested E on a test for a long time. It would also fit that I test out this way, as when reading the functions, I don't really relate to INTp functions, but ENTp and INTj functions are mirrored.

My brother tests and probably is INTj and we are really close, our relationship seems to fit a ENTp/INTj relationship. He's also really health conscious and does Yoga.

It doesn't seem I'm really "I". I'm shy but from these descriptions of E/I. I'm probably not Introverted. Another thing, I probably view people as spectators and if they get close to me, then a persons of interest. I don't actually ignore people like a I would probably, more pretend to ignore them.

Extroverts
  • are interested in what is happening around them
  • are open and often talkative
  • compare their own opinions with the opinions of others
  • like action and initiative
  • easily make new friends or adapt to a new group
  • say what they think
  • are interested in new people
  • easily break unwanted relations
Introverts
  • are interested in their own thoughts and feelings
  • need to have own territory
  • often appear reserved, quiet and thoughtful
  • usually do not have many friends
  • have difficulties in making new contacts
  • like concentration and quiet
  • do not like unexpected visits and therefore do not make them
  • work well alone
Old 03/08/2007, 08:10 PM

I can't think for the life of me where I read this, but I've heard someone say, and my experiences would reflect this, that the Ne dominants (ENTp and ENFp) are generally the most "introverted" of the extroverts. So if you're not hugely outgoing in a social sense, then it would make sense to occasionally type as INTp even if you're ENTp.
Old 04/08/2007, 01:18 AM
Resident Transexual

As an addendum to that generality, I would like to add the additional stipulation that in all probability I think F is more correlated to "in general" socialization, as I think that T-types (and probably more types then types) are just bored stupid by the basic socialization stuff.

I think that some types aren't as bothered by it, because they just like to talk at people, where almost needs something to think about like a drug addict needs his dope.
Old 04/08/2007, 02:10 AM

Quote:
I can't think for the life of me where I read this, but I've heard someone say, and my experiences would reflect this, that the Ne dominants (ENTp and ENFp) are generally the most "introverted" of the extroverts. So if you're not hugely outgoing in a social sense, then it would make sense to occasionally type as INTp even if you're ENTp.
Here you go, you're trying to be objective again. Why would you wanna do this if you are an INTp?
Old 04/08/2007, 08:32 AM

FFS, why are you so convinced I'm not an INTp anyway? I'm not trying to be anything, that's just the way I talk usually.
Old 04/08/2007, 09:42 AM
House Robot

Quote:
Here you go, you're trying to be objective again. Why would you wanna do this if you are an INTp?
Because that is typical INTp behaviour.

From Stratiyevskaya's INTp description (I haven't changed the bad machine translation):

"Balzac in any situation tries to appear objective. He with the pleasure demonstrates this his quality.

But acting in the interests of "absolute objectivity", it frequently falls into the awkward position: thinking about the absolute validity of its behavior, frequently forgets their ethical aspect "it is correct with respect to whom?"

In any dispute Balzac holds demonstrative neutrality, trying no one not "to accompany". Its relation to any act it expresses not as particular, personal opinion, but seemingly advances certain, as it it seems, objective and correct evaluation. Balzac loves himself to place in the position of judge for it characteristically not simple to voice his opinion, namely "to carry judgment" for each question (even if to it it is proposed to only discuss theme)."