Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 03/06/2008, 04:36 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntjWurm View Post
I don't know what PoLR is, and you continue to seem to think that I am contradicting you but I am not. If you are really seeking a confirmation and not simply chasing me then you might consider discussing your rationale with Kanerou, or someone who has an opinion. I cannot comprehend what you are doing.
If you have Fe PoLR, which I don't think that you do, then you should identify with descriptions of the inferior function (Fe) of INTPs in MBTT.
Old 03/06/2008, 04:36 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I don't know what PoLR is, and you continue to seem to think that I am contradicting you but I am not. If you are really seeking a confirmation and not simply chasing me then you might consider discussing your rationale with Kanerou, or someone who has an opinion. I cannot comprehend what you are doing.
I will briefly explain it to you. PoLR is very real and observable phenomenon in the types. It stands for Place of Least Resistance, and you are showing behaviour which is comparable to an INTp PoLR. Although there could be other reasons for what we are seeing from you, it is something which should not be lightly discredited.

I'm curious IntlWurm, as to why you are telling us about your job and what your IQ levels score out as, could you explain this to me please?
Old 03/06/2008, 04:44 PM

Unhappy You Are Very Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I'm curious IntlWurm, as to why you are telling us about your job and what your IQ levels score out as, could you explain this to me please?
Those were to defend the alpha quadrant (scientific knowledge) and introverted thinking (verbal ability), both being very characteristic of INTj. I never stated my IQ, and it is not 160, I was merely illustrating a point (my real IQ is much lower). You should not read deeply into my motivations, because it is obvious that I am providing information to people who still haven't decided that my type is decidedly INTp on the basis of perceived hostility and correlated ideologies (and you could show them a little consideration).

I also think that someone who consistently reveals the characteristics of both INTp and Fe PoLR might understand this personality type better than you. Prometheus is such an example, and it is he that has been refuting you and not me. So once again, why are you choosing to address only me and no one else?

Last edited by IntjWurm; 03/06/2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03/06/2008, 04:52 PM

Isn't ISTp also Fe PoLR?
Old 03/06/2008, 05:03 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Those were to defend the alpha quadrant (scientific knowledge) and introverted thinking (verbal ability), both being very characteristic of INTJ. I never stated my IQ, and it is not 160, I was merely illustrating a point (my real IQ is much lower). You should not read deeply into my motivations, because it is obvious that I am providing information to people who still haven't decided that my type is decidedly INTp on the basis of perceived hostility and correlated ideologies (and you could show them a little consideration).
Ok. You should also be aware that socionics does not make distinctions with too much emphasis in such a way, as a for instance, I know of an ENTj with a PHD in chemical engineering and he is a scientist in this field. Scientific knowledge or interest is not just a premise of alpha, but I can see where you are going now. (I fwiw, would be reluctant to associate Ti with verbal ability, [perhaps maybe some of the other functions when blocked together] it is on it's own a theoretical function, and in an information block, I really don't see how it would impact more so than other elements, well for INTp's and INTj's..if at all ..however not trying to confuse you )

I also do not think anyone has 100% decided that you are INTp BTW, and your motivations are also not as obvious as you say

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Isn't ISTp also Fe PoLR?
Yes. It seems to manifest in slightly different ways and situations than INTp one.

Last edited by Cyclops; 03/06/2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03/06/2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:

Yes. It seems to manifest in slightly different ways and situations than INTp one.
Why is pandapanda asking me whether I could be ISTp in mumbo jumbo?
Old 03/06/2008, 05:22 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Why is pandapanda asking me whether I could be ISTp in mumbo jumbo?
I honestly don't know. I mean I don't know everything about socionics but I could maybe see you being an ISTp. I wasn't sure about ISTp or INTp but I thought, although nothing totally concrete, that maybe INTp more so. Maybe she's thinking of something I'm not, or something?
Old 03/06/2008, 05:24 PM

I am not sure you got my point. She said :"Fe type, maybe you are ISTp". I am surprised because Fe is ISTp's PoLR.
Old 03/06/2008, 05:31 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I am not sure you got my point. She said :"Fe type, maybe you are ISTp". I am surprised because Fe is ISTp's PoLR.
In that case, if she means that she thinks you could be ISTp then she must also think Fe could be your fourth function, where it's called 'PoLR.'
Old 03/06/2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
IntjWurm, are you left handed or right handed? (SG believes this indicates a type preference)
For the record I don't believe that handedness indicates any type preference. What I said before to you was to question your conclusion by giving you an alternative view but not stating my opinion.
Old 03/06/2008, 05:51 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
For the record I don't believe that handedness indicates any type preference. What I said before to you was to question your conclusion by giving you an alternative view but not stating my opinion.
Ok thanks. I am genuinely curious tho, why do you then ask the question?
Old 03/06/2008, 05:59 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Isn't ISTp also Fe PoLR?
Yes, but Cyclops has suggested that IntjWurm is an INTp, and that type Cyclops is not.
Old 03/06/2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
What do you think of his new picture?
Old 03/06/2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
What do you think of his new picture?
It is small, was probably black and white but because it is old it looks a bit sepia. Most likely scanned from some old school album, judging by the clothes style.
Old 03/06/2008, 06:50 PM

Talking I Think He Meant Personality-Wise

Quote:
It is small, was probably black and white but because it is old it looks a bit sepia. Most likely scanned from some old school album, judging by the clothes style.
LOL, yeah it was from my friend's bar mitzvah. The other one is much newer.
Old 03/06/2008, 06:54 PM
Gone on holiday...

Complicator complexor, I checked that thread I hadn't realised the post. What I believe pandapanda means is that Fe types like others to show friendly emotions, among other things, so if you are ISTp then they may not think you are doing this.
Old 03/06/2008, 07:20 PM
Omnomnom

To go along with Cyclops' earlier assertion, my _SFj mother has a bachelor's in math (and a masters in education, but that's not relevant here) and was working toward her math PhD when she quit to take care of my siblings (she wants to finish it later). I will not say that quadra does not influence such things, but I would not get stuck in a stereotype if I were you.

To expand upon PoLR - I'll try. I'm still trying to understand it myself. Basically, you're very bad at this function and you know it. Since it's in your Super-Ego block, which holds conscious and painful functions, you don't really want other people telling you you're bad at it. Wikipedia says something about a basic inability to use one's PoLR, but I sharply disagree. If you need more, I'll try.

Can someone please explain Fi PoLR vs Fe PoLR? I'm confused now.
Old 03/06/2008, 07:38 PM

Arrow PoLRity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
To go along with Cyclops' earlier assertion, my _SFj mother has a bachelor's in math (and a masters in education, but that's not relevant here) and was working toward her math PhD when she quit to take care of my siblings (she wants to finish it later). I will not say that quadra does not influence such things, but I would not get stuck in a stereotype if I were you.

To expand upon PoLR - I'll try. I'm still trying to understand it myself. Basically, you're very bad at this function and you know it. Since it's in your Super-Ego block, which holds conscious and painful functions, you don't really want other people telling you you're bad at it. Wikipedia says something about a basic inability to use one's PoLR, but I sharply disagree. If you need more, I'll try.

Can someone please explain Fi PoLR vs Fe PoLR? I'm confused now.
Thanks Kanerou, that explains a lot and I think that your theory of socially-motivated compensation is very interesting. However I believe that INTJ's PoLR is Se, not Fi. I also had a minor in math and wanted a double major in math with physics but I took too many other credits for pure inspiration (such as behavior modification and animal behavior) and so had to graduate early. I also don't have a definite verbal bias if that's what you're thinking (I scored much higher in the math than the verbal both times I took the SAT).
Old 03/06/2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post

. And you are also, as you have described yourself, an INTJ in MBTT.
Obviously, you dont know what you're talking about. MBTI INTJ is gamma no different than Socionics INTp. Your interpretations seem to be your own personal fantasies. If there are other factors which give rise to inconsistencies then those are Subtype issues. You cant safely get into subtype issues cause there isn't a valid model but only theories.

Quote:

I'm still seeing a hell of a lot more gamma(INTp) from that pic despite there obviously being a possibility that you have well developed alpha structure(TiNe) of knowledge as well as a sub-trait. Perhaps this is why you're sucessfull in your knowledge pursuits??--- you've developed your sub-quasi rationalizations.

Last edited by kensi; 03/06/2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03/06/2008, 07:57 PM

Lightbulb Gamma Ray Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
I'm still seeing a hell of a lot more gamma(INTp) from that pic despite there obviously being a possibility that you have well developed alpha structure(TiNe) of knowledge as well as a sub-trait. Perhaps this is why you're sucessfull in your knowledge pursuits??--- you've developed your sub-quasi rationalizations.
Possibly...what is a sub-quasi rationalization?