Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 25/05/2007, 11:00 PM

Default Is this a good way to verify one's type?

Let us say you are split between two alternatives (in my case INTj and ENTp). You show the types' profile desciptions to close friends and family members who have known you for years (but have never heard of socioinics or MBTI) and ask them to choose which of the two fits you very well. After accumulating a large number of responses, the one which most people select is probably your true type.

So what do all of you think of this method? It's not foolproof, but I think it is better than having random people on the net try to type you when they don't even know you personally. What is unique about this is that these people are not familiar with typology, so it gives them an unbiased approach.
Old 25/05/2007, 11:08 PM

I think it is an interesting idea, but in the end you are leaving the determination in the hands of other people. Might be good for experimentation, but I wouldn't take it so seriously.

If you would describe yourself and how you interact with other people I am sure that forum members could be used in a similar manner. Photographs always a plus.
Old 26/05/2007, 10:43 AM

It might work for some but might not for the others, same as with all other methods. For example, if your friends and family are as superficial and shallow as Paris Hilton, I don't think you would get any valuable data for your analysis. Besides you would be lucky if you get anything other than "Errrr, could you remind me who are you?"
Old 26/05/2007, 10:54 AM

Getting opinions from your friends and family probably isn't the best way to go about it. Everyone you know is going to single out certain characteristics about you (the ones they like, or something they remember distinctly about you for whatever reason, etc.) at the expense of others. In all, you'll likely find a huge variance in people's perceptions of you.

If you're just debating between whether you're an introvert or extrovert... it's an easy question to resolve as long as you have the correct understanding of what those two traits really are. If you're curious about this, lemme know and I can explain.
Old 26/05/2007, 06:08 PM

Ok, Dynamicism. Carefully explain to me the difference between an introvert and an extrovert. I think I know, but I just want to see what your interpretation is.

Something else I had the family or friend do was to underline the parts of the profile(s) they clearly noticed about me. It was quite revealing, in my opinion...you think you know yourself well, but there are things that even you miss.
Old 29/04/2018, 05:03 PM
the Omniscient

It would be interesting to have them take the test for you afterwards and see if there is agreement.

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.