Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Closed Thread

Old 26/07/2010, 10:58 PM

And I would like to add one more comment to what stapler and sjy said: when a message seems aggressive treat its two components differently: the content information and the way in which the thing was said.

If the way the thing was said is bad but if the content is good then deleting the post is a sort of throwing the baby with the bathwater.
Old 26/07/2010, 11:30 PM
Gone on holiday...

I reported the post for the following reasons:

1. There's no need to slap someone in the face, nor a need to condone a violent act. This is a place for intellectual discussion.

2. If the thread creator has taken things from the internet then there's nothing wrong with it - who hasn't.

So you can see CC that your post fails on both counts of your conditions above and sjy - I disagree with you saying you did nothing offensive. Agreeing someone should be slapped for making a thread is offensive and frankly I thought better of you.

3. There's no harm in exploring something so nothing wrong with the thread. Besides this is a new poster and is actually giving something instead of just asking for stuff then disappearing which so many of them do.

4. Unless I'm mistaken, the ones doing the moaning on this thread haven't contributed much, if anything else. Maybe you guys just have a bee in your bonnet and don't have anything else to contribute on this thread?

5. I'm making this post to give this new person some support, the mods some support and also to say it offended me for reasons above.

BTW I do agree that the mods have overdone it at times. I'm also aware that we're all, myself included are putting myself/ourselves on line by discussing this as there's also the 'poster intimidation rule' that says a person can't publically criticise a mod.

Anyway this thread has nothing to do with topic, but it seemed relevant to make it...but probably pointless.
Old 26/07/2010, 11:41 PM

I am not going to reply because first my post was deleted, so it is illegal to talk again about the content of my deleted message. You are bringing back the data into memory. I will not support this action by replying. Replying means exploring the content of my deleted message so bringing back more the data into memory. Second because there is a misconception that you have concering the content of my deleted message.
Old 26/07/2010, 11:48 PM
Gone on holiday...

Well I agree we can't discuss something that isn't there, but you are doing it - and you did it first by discussing the situation AT ALL so your reply is ridiculous.

BTW:

Quote:
I am not going to reply because first my post was deleted, so it is illegal to talk again about the content of my deleted message. You are bringing back the data into memory. I will not support this action by replying. Replying means exploring the content of my deleted message so bringing back more the data into memory.Second because there is a misconception that you have concering the content of my deleted message.
You realise you just talked about it? Sigh.
Old 26/07/2010, 11:51 PM

As per the request of Zeus, I will be act civil and not answer your post.
Old 26/07/2010, 11:57 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
As per the request of Zeus, I will be act civil and not answer your post.
You're posting to say you're not posting? But yeah - if you can't answer posts reasonably I agree you should be saying nothing, like you should have done at the start.
Old 27/07/2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
You're posting to say you're not posting? But yeah - if you can't answer posts reasonably I agree you should be saying nothing, like you should have done at the start.
As per the request of Zeus, I will act civil and will not answer your post.
Old 27/07/2010, 12:18 AM
Gone on holiday...

Lol you're just spamming by making duplicate post instead, maybe you'll triplicate it.

You *could* admit you've been wrong re your first post of this conversation. Meh who cares why should I. I'll not contribute to this type of to-ing and fro-ing as it's evolved here by your at least last two posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
As per the request of Zeus, I will act civil and will not answer your post.
Old 27/07/2010, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjy View Post

I never said anything offensive, nor am I trolling, so i dont understand why part of my earlier post was removed. However, it wasn't that important so i'll let it rest.
You have quoted the post that has been deleted due to breaking House Rules therefore this part was removed from your post. If you have any questions about moderation, it is best to PM a moderator or administrator.

Closing this here.