Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 05/07/2010, 06:33 PM
Gone on holiday...

Default ENTps as friends

They make great friends to begin with, but after time they loose interest, and it leaves me feeling at a loss. After this point I'm not even sure I can trust them as they seem to me like a different person.

What's more they look for an excuse to loose interest!

It's because of this that I'm wary of them now, right from the start.

I also think that ENTp HA is more calculating as they don't show it right away, but with ESTps they show from the start they want to be adored, so at least I know where I stand.

Not trying to offend anyone, but that seems to be the way it is.
Old 05/07/2010, 07:38 PM

Why do you think so about ENTps? I`m ENTp and I don`t loose interest, if anything new happens.
Old 06/07/2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
They make great friends to begin with, but after time they loose interest, and it leaves me feeling at a loss. After this point I'm not even sure I can trust them as they seem to me like a different person.

What's more they look for an excuse to loose interest!

It's because of this that I'm wary of them now, right from the start.

I also think that ENTp HA is more calculating as they don't show it right away, but with ESTps they show from the start they want to be adored, so at least I know where I stand.

Not trying to offend anyone, but that seems to be the way it is.
That's a really interesting insight. Thanks for sharing!

I wonder why the two HA's are so different? perhaps because one is under Ne control and the other is under Se control?

what do you mean by losing interest though? Like they realized they didn't want to be friends with you anymore? Or, the Fe wanes and there was no Fi (but maybe initially you thought there was, because of the Fe), and what you're looking for is Fi-based friendship? Perhaps that's why you see it as loss of interest. . .
Old 16/07/2010, 10:22 PM

I think they have a tendency to run away with their Ne, lol, say sth new gets their interest. I don't think they do it on purpose.

You can trust them, provided they're a good person. Inevitably, they'll need Fe though, so maybe making a point of showing them you care about their friendship may not be a bad idea...

In my limited experience, sometimes they seem to make up their minds about sth and aren't exactly happy if you appear to hold a different opinion on the matter. This is kinda *biased* of me, but, at times, they require you agree with them, even if you think they're wrong. Else, there's the off chance they might think you're "against" them.

I wonder if bias isn't the biggest engine running socionics discussion at times, lol.
Old 16/07/2010, 11:06 PM

My experience with ENTps is in accord with felafel's description.
Old 03/08/2010, 08:00 AM

I think ENTPs can be great friends, provided there's something strong holding them in the relationship. They get along best with idea people and people who are willing to defer to them a bit and let them take the spotlight. They seem to love compliments and need them more than some other types.

They also like the challenge of meeting new people and can neglect other relationships if a more promising one comes up. Yes, this can appear rather hurtful to the excused party, but in their minds, they're simply going after that hunger for new experiences because life feels short to them and they must meet all the people they can and invent all they can before it's too late.

I love working on a project with ENTPs. Their can-do attitude and charming personalities, not to mention highly intelligent abilities, make them great work partners. It is my opinion that ENTPs like to function in their relationships as they do in work relationships. For them, the relationship needs to be continually challenging and moving forward. If they sense stagnancy or predictability for too long, they tend to get bored and seek out the next new experience.

In my experience with ENTPs, they like having me around when I'm talking with them about their great ideas and how smart, capable, innovative they truly are. They love hearing that! They also have a need for the people in their lives to be doing their own interesting things. ENTPs tend to see their partners/friends as reflections on themselves.

This all depends on how mature the ENTP is. I've known ENTPs in their fifties and sixties who have mellowed out and are more accepting of the "dull" moments in life. It's great to be around a mature ENTP who has developed the feeling function and genuinely wants to hear others thoughts without interrupting or jumping to the conclusion that the ENTP is smarter than the person with whom they're speaking.