Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 24/05/2010, 04:48 AM

Default VI me

I'm new, anyone care to give it a shot?

Photo

Last edited by SG; 24/05/2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: added embeded photo
Old 24/05/2010, 07:50 AM

Iīm a little new to socionics but... my guess is... some ST type.
probably xSTP
Old 24/05/2010, 07:08 PM

I think you are ESFp
Old 24/05/2010, 08:43 PM

Here's a side view, most people ask for both.

Last edited by natemaldonado; 24/05/2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 24/05/2010, 10:45 PM

Um.. I can't tell based on those pictures alone. Do you want to give a description of yourself?

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 25/05/2010, 12:32 AM

I don't like people wasting my time.
Dumb, lazy, or needy people annoy me.
I have a few good friends, and really don't care to make new ones, but I enjoy interacting at a social event.
I like when people are direct.
I can't stand uninteresting(weather) small talk, people with their noses in the air, and tune out when people try and tell me their life stories.
I'm generally honest and straightforward, and can tell when people are deceptive or manipulative; I'll hold back on my opinions if its my friends and just try and listen.
I workout a lot.
I enjoy watching sports(football, baseball, mma)
I don't like being told what to do, but know when to shut up and suck it up.
No one dominates me in a conversation, if I am challenged.
When people don't like the way I handle myself, I either smile or say that's your problem not mine buddy.
I ignore criticism unless its constructive.
I tell people what to do when I'm in a group, and when the projects over, peace I'm out, got things to do(even if I don't.)
I focus on one thing at a time and I look to complete jobs as fast as possible.
I don't talk about my feelings to anyone and I don't sympathize with peoples problems(I say something in the lines of "I didn't tell them to park illegally")
Girly men annoy men, and I hang out with manly guy friends
People actually enjoy my company for how negative all this sounds, haha.
Old 25/05/2010, 12:37 AM

I've changed my mind SiTe because you look to be industrious at work to finish fast and relax. So other things would you discuss about yourself? What you provided is kind of small and I get the feeling that you are not at an optimal state of mind, that you may be upset maybe?
Old 25/05/2010, 01:29 AM

you sound Se valuing to me. And not Fi-valuing (lack of sympathy for people's problems).

So I call SeTi. . .or TiSe. . .SLE or LSI. Your smiling photo gives me the impression fo Fe-HA. So, SLE imo. But you be the judge.
Old 25/05/2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjy View Post
you sound Se valuing to me. And not Fi-valuing (lack of sympathy for people's problems).

So I call SeTi. . .or TiSe. . .SLE or LSI. Your smiling photo gives me the impression fo Fe-HA. So, SLE imo. But you be the judge.
I agree with you, unless he is stashing his Fi-valuing somewhere where we have not seen it yet...lol
Old 25/05/2010, 02:17 AM

Ok, my post sounded a lot like a Dennis Miller rant. Anyways, let's make this sound a bit more positive.

Firm believer in if a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing right.
I am extremely competitive at work.
I'm a believer in leadership by example, although I don't mind talking some smack.
Like to be independent, as I don't like people to rely on me and rely on other people.
Socially, I like to go with the flow, but I don't really go out of my way to make new friends, but people like my attention for some reason.
Usually talk to people they way you'd talk to your buddies. (Can be a negative or a positive being conversationally bold)
Impatient driver, although a recent speeding ticket has made me more conscious.
Depending on my goals, determines how social I'll be that week.(If I have a fitness goal, I don't go out and drink, but if not let's go to a bar)
When I was younger, I was sent out in the hallway a lot..
Can read people real well.
I look at more what people do than what's coming out of their mouths.
I usually call up who I feel like hanging out with, but won't hesitate to leave if I feel like doing something else.
I've been told I'm a schmoozer.
I've got a buddy who thinks I'm too aggressive when going for a chick I like.
Love to argue, for the fun of it, or bust people's balls.
I don't wear really loud clothes, a black express graphic t with limited graphics is about as loud as I get, but I love wearing nike drifit shirts as they form well to my body.
Stubborn.
Old 25/05/2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemaldonado View Post
Ok, my post sounded a lot like a Dennis Miller rant. Anyways, let's make this sound a bit more positive.

I'm a believer in leadership by example, although I don't mind talking some smack.
Like to be independent, as I don't like people to rely on me and rely on other people.
Socially, I like to go with the flow, but I don't really go out of my way to make new friends, but people like my attention for some reason.
Usually talk to people they way you'd talk to your buddies. (Can be a negative or a positive being conversationally bold)
Depending on my goals, determines how social I'll be that week.(If I have a fitness goal, I don't go out and drink, but if not let's go to a bar)
I usually call up who I feel like hanging out with, but won't hesitate to leave if I feel like doing something else.
I don't wear really loud clothes, a black express graphic t with limited graphics is about as loud as I get, but I love wearing nike drifit shirts as they form well to my body.
Stubborn.
Well, according to actions, motivations, and intentions, this part would confirm you as Se leading and SeTi; because, as Se goes, if there is an object of adoration, they will waste no time in pursuit of that object (in this case it will be a pretty woman), and pull her off the market (lol, so to say).
Old 25/05/2010, 02:29 AM

What is SeTi, I want the four letter MBTI.
Old 25/05/2010, 02:46 AM

ESFp maybe but don't quote me on that.

Quote:
ESTp
Old 25/05/2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
MBTI has no place in this forum.

XXXx is still socionics, not MBTI.

Quote:

Stubborn.
Well first of all, I'm sorry if we made lack of Fi-valuing seem like such a horrid trait, that is only because we are Fi-valuers (and if you are SLE, you are in my opposing quadra--which tends to have misunderstandings and not get along with each other, which is maybe why it came across judgemental). Every type is valuable and necessary to the world. I only stated the lack of sympathy issue as one of the facts that makes it pretty clear you're not Fi-valuing. No judgement was meant by it.

You sounded perfectly fine in your earlier list of traits. You sounded confident, no-nonsense, like a go-getter. You get things done and you do what you have to do get things done. That is admirable.

And your second list sounds VERY SLE to me. Nothing wrong with being an SLE. Nothing wrong at all. . .

Last edited by sjy; 25/05/2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25/05/2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Well SLE is ESTp but MBTI would be something like ESTP sometimes. I think Socionics is very accurate way of VI typing but we're not sure yet how the two systems correlate/causate with one another.
Old 25/05/2010, 03:32 AM

why donīt you tell him what an SLE is?
ITīS A ESTP IN SOCIONICS, ITīS NOT LIKE ESTP OF MBTI.
Old 25/05/2010, 03:42 AM

Alright doc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjy View Post
MBTI has no place in this forum.

XXXx is still socionics, not MBTI.

Well first of all, I'm sorry if we made lack of Fi-valuing seem like such a horrid trait, that is only because we are Fi-valuers (and if you are SLE, you are in my opposing quadra--which tends to have misunderstandings and not get along with each other, which is maybe why it came across judgemental). Every type is valuable and necessary to the world. I only stated the lack of sympathy issue as one of the facts that makes it pretty clear you're not Fi-valuing. No judgement was meant by it.

You sounded perfectly fine in your earlier list of traits. You sounded confident, no-nonsense, like a go-getter. You get things done and you do what you have to do get things done. That is admirable.

And your second list sounds VERY SLE to me. Nothing wrong with being an SLE. Nothing wrong at all. . .
Old 25/05/2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSG View Post
You're right.
Well an ESTp holds Se () function in their dominent function, it focuses on the static of objects like their share, texture, impact, force, etc., what is refer to as properties of an object or objective traits, leading to action toward objects via mobilization or arrangement, manipulation of force to achieve desired results.

-People with this strong function are usually demanding people, which like when other people fulfill their wishes and demands.

-Sometimes they become managers, and sometimes – good sellers that can sell even unnecessary things. They often (but not always) have athletic, somewhat roundish figure, quick and demanding eyes.

-They are very persistent in the life: "If I want, then it should be achieved”, and they often gladly help other people – those who accept their leadership. Their outbursts of anger may fear some people, but in fact they are short-term – in several minutes they become calm again and restore their good mood.

- Se is less introspective than Te because it focuses more on taking immediate action before thinking first due to it's orientation to apprehend or acquire the object; it's as though there is a compulsion to enact the external dynamics of objects once their statics are apprehended. This is the example you made that you are agressive when in pursuit of someone you find attractive. Basically, you have apprehended the statics of the object (which is that you see that it's pretty) and then act agressively to get the item (external dynamics is action towards that object).
Old 25/05/2010, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSG View Post
Yea, after I got my result the ESTp description fit me. I have a lot of people in real life tell me how large and strong my jaw is especially when I chew gum. I squint a lot and do wear neutral clothing. Hard working, all that junk sounds like me.

You've hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarman View Post
You're right.
Well an ESTp holds Se () function in their dominent function, it focuses on the static of objects like their share, texture, impact, force, etc., what is refer to as properties of an object or objective traits, leading to action toward objects via mobilization or arrangement, manipulation of force to achieve desired results.

-People with this strong function are usually demanding people, which like when other people fulfill their wishes and demands.

-Sometimes they become managers, and sometimes – good sellers that can sell even unnecessary things. They often (but not always) have athletic, somewhat roundish figure, quick and demanding eyes.

-They are very persistent in the life: "If I want, then it should be achieved”, and they often gladly help other people – those who accept their leadership. Their outbursts of anger may fear some people, but in fact they are short-term – in several minutes they become calm again and restore their good mood.

- Se is less introspective than Te because it focuses more on taking immediate action before thinking first due to it's orientation to apprehend or acquire the object; it's as though there is a compulsion to enact the external dynamics of objects once their statics are apprehended. This is the example you made that you are agressive when in pursuit of someone you find attractive. Basically, you have apprehended the statics of the object (which is that you see that it's pretty) and then act agressively to get the item (external dynamics is action towards that object).

Last edited by natemaldonado; 25/05/2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25/05/2010, 04:00 AM

You see, ESTj's don't "act" that way at all because first, they will look at the dynamics, actions of the individual, that they are interested in and observe to see if these actions or the way they are is even/predictable for a while and this can be a long long while, then they will use statics to pursue the acquisition of the person/object...so they rummage through the details making a considerate choice and thereby missing out on some opportunities because of this nature. They have to be convinced and have all their chips in the right place and are less risk taking and slower in action then Se types. Se types are more impulsive and more focused on Strategics, strait shot to the win, as opposed to Tactics (that has an element of adjusting as you get to your goal).