Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 07/06/2010, 09:58 PM

I don't see anything Ep at all about Eastwood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTCdNaq8rj0

(and for a younger version, just to show a certain continuity of his temperament
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDVzK...eature=related
Old 08/06/2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Both can work out and have muscles all types can.
Yes, any type can work out. The point of it was what *I* had observed in real-life, which puts certain limits on my observations b/c I have obviously not met EVERY SINGLE ESTp or ISTp....
Old 08/06/2010, 03:02 PM

Nahbee, any experience with ESFp and how would you contrast it to the ESTp?
Old 08/06/2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahbee1235 View Post
Sooo.... here's my 2 cents on the difference between ESTp & ISTp, gathered from real-life interaction.

ESTp: usually have a muscular build. cares about external appearance. TERRIBLE liars, soooo easy to detect when they're lying. usually moves from one partner to the next easily (without emotion, iow). lots of physical movement, even when just chillin' with friends. lots of energy, so as a way to release it they are involved in some kind of sport. talk a lot of smack. don't make very many jokes, or if they do, they're not that funny (sry! just my opinion! ). always ready to fight. tend to physically destroy a lot of stuff b/c of all that energy, restlessness, mostly accidental, though. usually don't have a large vocabulary. easy on the eyes..whoops... ha, ha, ha,... ummm usually don't have any plans for the future, 'cause they are *that* present-focused. Boastful.

ISTp: movements are more sluggish. cares less about external appearance (grooming, iow). cares about how they feel, as in sweaty, cold, etc. care about how they smell. initially quiet, as you get to know them, they gradually talk more. sometimes they project a certain type of unhappiness, like they feel chained to their circumstances & can't see a way out. they are knowledgeable on the most random & yet interesting stuff. tend to have culinary inclinations. they're like icebergs, with so much of their feelings, thoughts, talents, etc hidden under the surface. not sexually aggressive. make for better liars. playful, joke around a lot, occasionally pull pranks on friends. Prideful.
I think this is pretty good! I can certainly see it in a couple ESTps and an ISTp I know. The Iceberg analogy particularly! Whilst everything boils under the surface...
And yes ESTps seem unable to sit still it's either their head shaking or their feet tapping or their chair wobbling. Lots and lots of energy. Like nahbee said likely to involve in sport. But I think the type of sport an ESTp is involved in is likely to be much more aggressive e.g. rugby or american football; whereas an ISTp is likely to be more calm less rough; e.g. soccer.
Again as nahbee said above the ESTp jokes are likely to be ridiculously corny at times. I find them to be almost so-bad-that-they're-good. They seem to have the ability to laugh at themselves.
ESTps can sometimes have this desperate look in their eyes for love and attention and you'll never find that in an ISTp.
I reckon ISTps are generally much better in bed. And like nahbee said above not sexually aggressive more very-good-with-their-hands. This may be connected to the hidden agenda "to love"? And the Si.
Whereas from watching an ESTp make out I dont think they'd be as good at sex; perhaps more selfish.

BUt something I have noticed which is really quite sweet is when you get an ESFj looking after an ESTp and their hidden agenda suddenly becomes apparent ten fold and their need to dominate falls through itself. The ESTp is generally pretty lively to be around - they can fill a room with energy.

I think ISTps are likely to wear alot of blue; it suits them, and their humour tends to be very offbeat and oddball!
Old 08/06/2010, 03:16 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgoldgold View Post
I think this is pretty good! I can certainly see it in a couple ESTps and an ISTp I know. The Iceberg analogy particularly! Whilst everything boils under the surface...
And yes ESTps seem unable to sit still it's either their head shaking or their feet tapping or their chair wobbling. Lots and lots of energy. Like nahbee said likely to involve in sport. But I think the type of sport an ESTp is involved in is likely to be much more aggressive e.g. rugby or american football; whereas an ISTp is likely to be more calm less rough; e.g. soccer.
Again as nahbee said above the ESTp jokes are likely to be ridiculously corny at times. I find them to be almost so-bad-that-they're-good. They seem to have the ability to laugh at themselves.
ESTps can sometimes have this desperate look in their eyes for love and attention and you'll never find that in an ISTp.
I reckon ISTps are generally much better in bed. And like nahbee said above not sexually aggressive more very-good-with-their-hands. This may be connected to the hidden agenda "to love"? And the Si.
Whereas from watching an ESTp make out I dont think they'd be as good at sex; perhaps more selfish.

BUt something I have noticed which is really quite sweet is when you get an ESFj looking after an ESTp and their hidden agenda suddenly becomes apparent ten fold and their need to dominate falls through itself. The ESTp is generally pretty lively to be around - they can fill a room with energy.

I think ISTps are likely to wear alot of blue; it suits them, and their humour tends to be very offbeat and oddball!
lol!

ESFps are apparently the worst in bed. All talk and zero imagination when it comes to it. (so i've been told, lol).

Yeah I think nahbees description was really good too! (and yours )!
Old 08/06/2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
or black... when they're feeling cheerful, I've noticed they might wear a bright green color...

I <3 their humor... the other night I was hanging out with an ISTp friend of mine & I literally was laughing for an hour straight!
Old 08/06/2010, 03:58 PM
The Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
lol!

ESFps are apparently the worst in bed. All talk and zero imagination when it comes to it. (so i've been told, lol).
But they've got the most experience...

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 08/06/2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
But they've got the most experience...
hahaha, wouldn't bet on that, if i were you, lol.
Old 08/06/2010, 11:45 PM
The Looks

It was a joke based on the stereotype that matches SEEs with promiscuity

Old 09/06/2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
It was a joke based on the stereotype that matches SEEs with promiscuity
Really? I know a lot of ESFps yet to see one bragging about it. ESTps on the other hand...
Old 09/06/2010, 01:30 PM
Gone on holiday...

A strangest strangement. I knew an ESFp who would go on at me about all this sex she was supposed to be having with different people. Anyway it turned out not to be true at all, apparently she was just making it all up because she thought it would 'impress' guys.

Normally I agree though, they don't normally go on about their sex life ime, maybe the above was mistyped SLE or just one of those sort of situations one encounters from time to time, for good or ill.

Something that comes to mind, is this ESTp girl I know who'd had a boob job. If she was having a night out she'd refer to it as 'time to unleash the beasts' in regards to what costume she would wear and her chest size.

lol, why am I even posting this post? No idea.

Last edited by Cyclops; 09/06/2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09/06/2010, 03:54 PM
The Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Really? I know a lot of ESFps yet to see one bragging about it. ESTps on the other hand...
Maybe the ones you know just don't kiss and tell

On a more serious note, this stereotype seems to have a grain of truth to it IME, but since they're so conscious about their image they generally don't broadcast this.

Old 09/06/2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Maybe the ones you know just don't kiss and tell

On a more serious note, this stereotype seems to have a grain of truth to it IME, but since they're so conscious about their image they generally don't broadcast this.
Yup, that's that Se speaking.
Old 09/06/2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarman View Post
Yup, that's that Se speaking.
Yet ESTps broadcast it with pleasure...right.