Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 27/07/2012, 06:54 PM

Default How would Te Ni differ from Ti Ne

I know that my primary function is iNtuition and my secondary is Thinking.
But I'm not sure if I am using my N extroverted or introverted.

Could you please enlighten me, - perhaps with a link or perhaps with some explaining here in this thread.

Thanks

Actually I am interesting in knowing which one I am, - but also to understand better the difference - and hence not just for my type, but for all of them. I suppose my real question is what does the introverted/extroverted mean on the specific function - not as a whole for the person.

Last edited by DaDane; 27/07/2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 28/07/2012, 11:03 PM

Hello Dadane,

Ne is about finding the key to open the door, Ni is about believing and seeing how reality is consistent with your belief.

You use Ne to perceive patterns and connections, to imagine the positive in what might at first seem to be negative, or vice versa. You accumulate these ideas and potentialities and wait for the first opportunity to use them. You focus on generating new possibilities. You imagine what implications would a certain event have in the long run. (Now how correct is that perception you use logic to decide if in the world of objects, or ethics if in the world of subjects).

You use Ni perceive what might reality be behind the curtains. It does that by perceiving what is going on from different points of view and wait until the "right" point of view occurs, and you fiercely stick to it. Believing in something will make it true, and that exactly is the power of introverted intuition. You perceive the meanings of symbols, and at an advanced level you can shift the meaning of symbols to realize a perception that fits your goals.

Te is about reasonning by the generally accepted norms and standards as criterion. Something is true not because it is personally convincing to you, but because the reasonning that has been used to prove it relies on ideas that are generally accepted, or just because the fact is generally accepted by authorities. Whenever somewhere in the reasonning process there is confusion what you do is to look for facts or do experiments to decide, it isn't very important to find the explanation of what is going on by referring to the theory. Te is interested in taking actions and is constantly in search for methods or is constantly practicing its application because what is looks for is mastery and results. It doesn't matter a lot why something works, but what matters is that it works. Fnnilly a strong Te person

Funnily a strong Te person would accept a fact or a method that is inconsistent with a fact he already knows or a theory, and not ask himself how come the theory doesn't apply in this case.

Ti is not concerned with facts, but rather with ideas. How do these things make sense to me? How are they consistent? What right do I have to make such or such claim? What is meant when such or such is mentioned? What definition is intended by the usage of this word? When applying this method or that one what would I be doing mentally? When I make that claim or that one what am I exactly saying? How does the theory explain the fact that I am seeing in front of me? Why does this method work? I deduce this out of that: by what principle? Ti strongly dislikes confusion and muddle-headedness and it spends a lot of time clearing it. It does this by digging into the background of the person's thinking. Examples are nothing but simple manifestations of the theory, but they can never capture its entire meaning, there is something unreachable about it. While the Te person multiplies facts, the Ti person tries to minimize them by always looking for the leading principle behind everything, and notices that there are lots of redundancies because looking at the core inevitably results in generalizations or perception of the main ideas. Ti has a strong power of convincing. While Te is mainly interested in coming up with algorithms and maintaining them, Ti is mainly interested in establishing categories, now if the categories are clear then coming up with an algorithm wouldn't be hard, but that's not the main concern of Ti.

Last edited by complicater-complexer; 28/07/2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29/07/2012, 06:28 AM

Ni -
Quote:
"It does that by perceiving what is going on from different points of view and wait until the "right" point of view occurs, and you fiercely stick to it. Believing in something will make it true, and that exactly is the power of introverted intuition."
Different points of view, hmmm... like when you use this, do you gather different points of view from people? from different cultures? time periods? does an Ni-dominant know what the right point of view is from the beginning? how do they know what the "right" point of view is?

Te -
Quote:
Funnily a strong Te person would accept a fact or a method that is inconsistent with a fact he already knows or a theory, and not ask himself how come the theory doesn't apply in this case.
Can you give an example of this?

CC - your explanations of those four functions (Ne, Ni, Te, Ti) are interesting. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what you wrote.
Old 29/07/2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Different points of view, hmmm... like when you use this, do you gather different points of view from people? from different cultures? time periods? does an Ni-dominant know what the right point of view is from the beginning? how do they know what the "right" point of view is?
You might gather different points of view from people but there has to be some internal flash that allows the reproduction of that point of view, it doesn't just gather the point, it has to see what it is saying, it has to emotionally live it. But it certainly doesn't have to take the point of view from other people (or time periods or...), it can imagine it and that's what it often does. Now for the second question, you need to be more specific. For the last one: they figure out the "right" point of view when the whole story finally seems consistant.

Quote:
Can you give an example of this?
Well I am not very good at finding examples, but I will tell you if I find one. I usually think in general abstract terms.

Quote:
CC - your explanations of those four functions (Ne, Ni, Te, Ti) are interesting. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what you wrote.
You're welcome, please ask more.