Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 17/06/2008, 10:06 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Okay, I've changed my mind from ISTj to ESTp.
OK. Please explain.
Old 17/06/2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
OK. Please explain.
Well after thinking about it, I think you guys are right about her being extroverted; but I liked keeping her in beta, so I switched her over to the other beta ST (ESTp) and that seemed to make a lot more sense.

I'll tell you why I don't see her being ESFj or ESTj at all. Both of these types generally:
1) Keep their house/apartment/room clean and orderly
2) both are not very spontaneous
3) both seek perfection

It's quite easy to spot female ESTjs. They don't appear extroverted (the normal definition of extroverted, not the socionics definition), they always are very fashionable and have every hair in the right place; they are very polite and are careful to not step on anyone's toes. Obviously the ESFj and ESTj look quite similar for about one second, until you see the ESFj radiating feeling, and the ESTj trying to compensate by being very polite and trying to be considerate.
And like I said before, ESFjs can be good at math, but I've never found one that actually enjoyed it. From the descriptions you gave, I don't see much of either ESFj or ESTj.

But I will note that I did think about her being ESFj from the first picture you posted.

What are your thoughts? I may end up changing my mind again down the road.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 17/06/2008, 10:32 PM
Gone on holiday...

Ok i've said it already, but definately not ENFj?
Old 17/06/2008, 10:44 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Ok i've said it already, but definately not ENFj?
Nah. She identified with Ni-PoLR.

Quote:
Well after thinking about it, I think you guys are right about her being extroverted; but I liked keeping her in beta, so I switched her over to the other beta ST (ESTp) and that seemed to make a lot more sense.

I'll tell you why I don't see her being ESFj or ESTj at all. Both of these types generally:
1) Keep their house/apartment/room clean and orderly
2) both are not very spontaneous
3) both seek perfection

It's quite easy to spot female ESTjs. They don't appear extroverted (the normal definition of extroverted, not the socionics definition), they always are very fashionable and have every hair in the right place; they are very polite and are careful to not step on anyone's toes. Obviously the ESFj and ESTj look quite similar for about one second, until you see the ESFj radiating feeling, and the ESTj trying to compensate by being very polite and trying to be considerate.
And like I said before, ESFjs can be good at math, but I've never found one that actually enjoyed it. From the descriptions you gave, I don't see much of either ESFj or ESTj.

But I will note that I did think about her being ESFj from the first picture you posted.

What are your thoughts? I may end up changing my mind again down the road.
First off, from that description, my mother is not ESTj; you are right on that one. My mother is a planner; she doesn't like us springing last-minute things on her. She does our budget, and I think she's the business manager of the dance studio we attend (she's something like that, don't remember the actual title). Her as Ti is possible. She's trying to prove a math-related theory right now; she has been for years. I figure it's OK for me to mention that, since I couldn't begin to say what all she did anyway. She doesn't seem to be into Creative Writing the way I am. I admit that she's very versatile, though. She has taught College Algebra to college freshmen and music skills to pre-schoolers. As I said, she's into interior design and loves to decorate; we have like 30 gallons around the house, and I am not exaggerating. We counted. She bought a bunch of cheap paint from a hardware store and kept it 'just in case'. Well, now she's going to give some of it to the dance studio, provided it signs the papers and moves into the (possible) new building. She changes the bathroom decor seasonally.

Last edited by Kanerou; 17/06/2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17/06/2008, 11:17 PM

I'm thinking ENTj, but meh.
Old 17/06/2008, 11:18 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
I'm thinking ENTj, but meh.
Dad's ENTj; he said her appearance of knowing where she was going in life and having a good head on her shoulders was what attracted him. I believe that's what he said.
Old 17/06/2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Dad's ENTj; he said her appearance of knowing where she was going in life and having a good head on her shoulders was what attracted him. I believe that's what he said.
ENTjs look like that to me (as an ENFp) - though I'm frequently told that I'm just mistaking someone with lots of energy for someone who has clear goals.

ENTj is my impression of her, but if you don't think so, you're the one who knows her well.
Old 17/06/2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I did think she emitted some ESTp energy from the 2nd pic but i couldn't keep my head tilted to the side to give it the attention it perhaps deserved..who knows..maybe she is ESTp.....also i do not like to type ala VI when it is in the direct company of other peopl...as i find demeanors can change and one's original quick assessment may be wrong.

I would tend to go by the first pic and see her as ESFj from that one. Fe seems to be coming at me ready to blow me away.....this leads me to the next post i wanna make about inter-relationships of benefit and control....i should maybe go start that...
Old 17/06/2008, 11:28 PM
Omnomnom

If nothing else, note the mischievous glint in her eyes. It's similar to the one in a pic from her toddler years.
Old 17/06/2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:

It's quite easy to spot female ESTjs. they always are very fashionable and have every hair in the right place; they are very polite and are careful to not step on anyone's toes.

Really!

First off... i consider an ESTj to be someone who without a doubt uses Te logic (and there are a couple variations of it)..as their main form of communication and to which references are made. (Te ~being objective conformance in the real world of change)

I had to beg my last girlfriend (an ESTj) to dress up and look fashionable..to waer nice clothes and do her nails...and beg a lot i did......it worked....but i think ESTjs are traditionalists and if their tradition doesn't dictate them to dress it up....why would they?

-----and she too was quite capable of stepping on someone's toes with her Te logic points she wanted to get across.....but mine she would never step on ...i think it really is more of a quadra thing....the politeness part
Old 17/06/2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
Really!

First off... i consider an ESTj to be someone who without a doubt uses Te logic (and there are a couple variations of it)..as their main form of communication and to which references are made. (Te ~being objective conformance in the real world of change)

I had to beg my last girlfriend (an ESTj) to dress up and look fashionable..to waer nice clothes and do her nails...and beg a lot i did......it worked....but i think ESTjs are traditionalists and if their tradition doesn't dictate them to dress it up....why would they?

-----and she too was quite capable of stepping on someone's toes with her Te logic points she wanted to get across.....but mine she would never step on ...i think it really is more of a quadra thing....the politeness part
Really? All the female ESTjs I run into are always pretty attractive and I'm always thinking, "Wow, that girl really has her act together." But when I start talking to them, I realize they aren't "fun" as in they don't really enjoy alpha humor and they kind of look at me like, "what's the point of all this; when are we going to start talking about something productive."

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 17/06/2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:

It's quite easy to spot female ESTjs. they are very polite and are careful to not step on anyone's toes.

I know you dont get Hockey Night in Canada on t.v.down there in Seattle. But for typing purposes you really should check it out thru an internet connection.

Don Cherry is without a doubt the ultimate ESTj -an extreme case(much like my dad). He steps on everybody's toes (though he is a guy)..including those of Ron Maclean who is the show host and an ultimate INFp. If you want to see the humour of the conflicting relationship between an ESTj and an INFp....i suggest you join in (especially coach's corner---the series within the main show).....been watching it for some 18 years now.....its a timeless classic!

Quote:
Really? All the female ESTjs I run into are always pretty attractive and I'm always thinking, "Wow, that girl really has her act together." But when I start talking to them, I realize they aren't "fun" as in they don't really enjoy alpha humor and they kind of look at me like, "what's the point of all this; when are we going to start talking about something productive."
I guess i should pay a trip down to Seattle and the rest of the U.S.---maybe the ESTj women are different there! ....BBBBettter!

btw...do you have a place where i can stay when i go down to the coast a month and a half or so from now?

Last edited by kensi; 17/06/2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17/06/2008, 11:51 PM
Gone on holiday...

I agree with RSV3 description of ESTj and ESFj females.

Kanerou, i'm not totally sure about ENTj, I could see her look like one but you were saying she was more of a feeler? It would explain if they are identicals why your mum and stepdad would get on.
Old 17/06/2008, 11:52 PM
Omnomnom

Mom is also an ultimate bargain-finder. As far as clothing goes, she doesn't usually dress up (unless she needs to, like for Sunday morning church), but she dresses my stepdad well (she buys his clothing). She also likes hats. And I think she does try the guilt thing, though maybe she's joking about it.

Quote:
I agree with RSV3 description of ESTj and ESFj females.

Kanerou, i'm not totally sure about ENTj, I could see her look like one but you were saying she was more of a feeler? It would explain if they are identicals why your mum and stepdad would get on.
She comes out as a Feeler. And I've already said she identifies with Ni-PoLR.

Last edited by Kanerou; 17/06/2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17/06/2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
ENTjs look like that to me (as an ENFp) - though I'm frequently told that I'm just mistaking someone with lots of energy for someone who has clear goals.

ENTj is my impression of her, but if you don't think so, you're the one who knows her well.
1st pic, 2nd, or both?

Quote:
Mom is

She comes out as a Feeler. And I've already said she identifies with Ni-PoLR.
Does she resemble to you any of the ESFj celebrity pics off of the home page ?

Last edited by kensi; 17/06/2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17/06/2008, 11:59 PM
Gone on holiday...

In what way does she act or relate to Ni PoLR?
Old 18/06/2008, 12:09 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
In what way does she act or relate to Ni PoLR?
Basically, she said it fit her in her past, but she's learned (or had to learn) to not be that way.
Old 18/06/2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah defo. I don't think ESFj is out the question. I see an EJ temperament for what it's worth, And would consider ESFj, ENFj and ESTj
Quote:
I didn't say ENTj I said ENFj

I thought you said ENTj is out of the question, and now you say you're not totally sure (as in......it may very well be but you are not completely sure)

...i cant follow this kind of logic...it appears randomly tailored to you.
Old 18/06/2008, 12:17 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
I thought you said ENTj is out of the question, and now you say you're not totally sure (as in......it may very well be but you are not completely sure)

...i cant follow this kind of logic...it appears randomly tailored to you.
When did I say ENTj is out of the question, stop imagining things.

Quote:
Basically, she said it fit her in her past, but she's learned (or had to learn) to not be that way.
It may be worthwhile double checking Ni PoLR definitions, just in case it's getting confused with a strong j tendency?

Last edited by Cyclops; 18/06/2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18/06/2008, 12:18 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
It may be worthwhile double checking Ni PoLR definitions, just in case it's getting confused with a strong j tendency?
Maybe I can run it by her tonight. I'm trying not to annoy her with all this.