Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 06/07/2007, 03:32 PM
One hot piece of INTj ass

So working out the definition of a hat is beneath INTps logic, but concluding an article with said example is part of an INTj's conspiracy against you isn't?

This is type war!

By the way, I'd like to give a shout out to all my INTj peeps out there that contribute to the cause. Type love, y'all.

Looks like I'm having a hard time being serious.
Old 06/07/2007, 08:32 PM

It's times like this I wish I had a wooden sign with "wtf?" painted on it.
Old 06/07/2007, 08:36 PM
NS2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
You can make that sign in about 6 minutes....don't squander your wishes.
Old 06/07/2007, 08:46 PM

Except I don't have the required raw materials to hand, nor the drive to actually go and acquire them. I think I'll just live with my extremely temporary, slight psychological discomfort instead :P
Old 06/07/2007, 08:47 PM
One hot piece of INTj ass

Quote:

Looks good on you.
Old 06/07/2007, 08:55 PM
NS2D

Quote:
Except I don't have the required raw materials to hand, nor the drive to actually go and acquire them. I think I'll just live with my extremely temporary, slight psychological discomfort instead :P
In that case allow me to rephrase:

It is sensible not to squander your wishes on things that will serve only to cure minor psychological discomforts.

Besides, your wish was answered, you have gained relief from your temporary, slight psychological discomfort and now you're minus one wish.
Old 06/07/2007, 10:57 PM

@ValerieUGA: Thank you
@NS2D: Ah, I understand now. Thank you for clarifying and my apologies for misunderstanding. I must say I do agree with the wisdom of your words, although I am inclined to say that I tend to use words more extreme than my intention (e.g. when I said "wish" in this instance, it wasn't so much a wish as in a deep heart-felt desire but rather just part of a metaphor to express my confusion). But yes, you are right there.
Old 06/07/2007, 11:51 PM
NS2D

Quote:
@NS2D: Ah, I understand now. Thank you for clarifying and my apologies for misunderstanding. I must say I do agree with the wisdom of your words, although I am inclined to say that I tend to use words more extreme than my intention (e.g. when I said "wish" in this instance, it wasn't so much a wish as in a deep heart-felt desire but rather just part of a metaphor to express my confusion). But yes, you are right there.

Yah, yah...I know what you really meant.....that'll teach me to be a literal, facetious little bugger though, eh?
Old 07/07/2007, 08:25 AM

lol.. well, I too was guilty of taking things too literally when responding to the bit about making a sign in 6 minutes. Oh well, as they say, all's well that ends well. Although my favourite response to that sort of thing is "Especially when you get a crippling disease in the process" :P
Old 07/07/2007, 04:01 PM
NS2D

Quote:
"Especially when you get a crippling disease in the process" :P
Being a literal, facetious little bugger is a crippling enough disease.
Old 07/07/2007, 09:12 PM

hehe.. 'tis indeed my friend.. 'tis indeed.
Old 08/07/2007, 11:29 AM
House Robot

Thanks, SG. I have been waiting for that INTp Uncovered profile a long time now. The first three passages are very accurate, and on the whole the description is more correct than not, but the further we read the more obvious it becomes that even you seem to have an incorrect understanding of the nature of the INTp's thinking and attitudes.

The most inaccurate passage is the one that says that "Big theories of everything are spam to them and people who make them are instant opponents" and that INTps focus on particulars rather than generalities. Such an attitude is typical of some NFs but alien to an INTp's mind, who would welcome a Theory of Everything more than anything. We see general patterns and trends everywhere and whenever. We are on constant look for them, and with our Ni we are able to observe them better than most other types.

One example of such a general pattern (that is objectively true) is that INTjs are more prone than INTps to be relativists, for example about concepts like "truth".
Old 08/07/2007, 11:35 AM

Are you sure you're an INTp as you claim in your profile?
Old 08/07/2007, 12:21 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Are you sure you're an INTp as you claim in your profile?
As sure as one can be when everything in Socionics suggests that type and almost nothing points to another type. My type is probably more corroborated than any of the other forum members here. I fit every INTp or ILI type description better than any other type's descriptions, my temperament is clearly IP, I look like an INTp on V.I., INTp fits my intertype relations, where the most obvious are my Mirror relations with ENTjs, my Conflicting relations with ESFjs, and my Quasi-Identical relations with INTjs, I understand other self-identified and by others identified INTps much better than any other type, and the Reinin dichotomies fit me very well if I am an INTp, whereas they don't fit INTj or INFp, which are the only other types that could come into consideration in my case. And if we look at the four scales, it is obvious that I am an INTp. It doesn't make any sense at all to see me as an ethical type (that would severely contradict both my own and others understanding of me, and I don't fit the INFp type descriptions), and it doesn't make much sense to see me as a rational type either, since that would contradict every explanation of yours of the differences between rational and irrational types.
Old 08/07/2007, 12:36 PM

Care to share how you look?
Old 08/07/2007, 04:24 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Care to share how you look?
Maybe. But for a couple of reasons I am a bit reluctant to do that. The first reason is that I am the opposite of a technical genius and that neither do I know exactly how to post pictures nor am I sure if I have a picture to post. The second reason is that some people on forums like this (or at least on the 16types) are fond of bullying people like me, who often don't act like a typical member of the "group" according to their preferred criteria. So I don't want to give them the opportunity to use photos in the wrong contexts. The risk of that happening might be low, but it has in fact happened on the 16types forum to other persons than myself.
Old 08/07/2007, 04:53 PM

Ok, fine, but I have no means of verifying if what you're telling is true.
Old 08/07/2007, 04:54 PM
NS2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
So I don't want to give them the opportunity to use photos in the wrong contexts. The risk of that happening might be low, but it has in fact happened on the 16types forum to other persons than myself.
I herby solemnly swear not to make fun of your pic and the direct content thereof in any way, shape or form. In addition I promise not to Photoshop you into a compromising position with a donkey, or similar.

However, I do reserve the right to make fun of your person and/or your behaviour, though this will in no way relate specifically to any image/s of your likeness that you post. You are welcome to do the same in return.

I also promise to contribute financially to any fund started for the taking out of a professional hit on anyone who misuses your image/s.

Let's have your mug shot!
Old 08/07/2007, 06:15 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Ok, fine, but I have no means of verifying if what you're telling is true.
No, but posting a pic would not be enough to verify it anyway. Do you have any strong reason to doubt what I say about my type?
Old 08/07/2007, 06:20 PM

Strong reason? Lets call it a hunch.