Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 25/08/2009, 12:45 AM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Why not?
Because there is no reliable method for determining whether you really value more than , or vice versa, in your case. You are most likely weak at both. You definitely cannot determine it by introspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Socionic literature would disagree with you.
Which literature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Who should I trust, someone on the internet or people who practice socionics full time as a living?
I practice socionics in most aspects of my life, and I have studied the types in real life. What you definitely should not trust are the incompetent fools that are trying to brainwash you. They are not few, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I think quadras give some indication. If you think they should be ignored, why?
I just told you why, and I have told you many times in the past. Quadras are totally unreliable to use as a typing method, because they are not about the types, only about the relations between the types. You cannot use quadras or determine to which quadra you belong if you don't know which type you are. Temperaments and dichotomies are immensely more reliable and important than quadras if you want to find your type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
What would make a good argument?
For example that you started to get the result LII on socionic tests and the result INTJ on MBTI tests, and that you also could explain why you have lied when you have described your own typical behaviour and attitudes in the past, or that you could explain why you were not lying back then but only deluded, and that you now can describe your own typical behaviour and attidues in a way that makes it obvious that you fit the LII type descriptions. It would also help if you could provide visual evidence of yourself that would show that you look like a typical LII with a clearly ectomorph body type.

My guess is that you would fail if you tried to provide such arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I think we've covered this, but I can't totally agree. It's often easier to evaluate other people than it is ourselves.
If you don't know your own type, your opinion on the types of others is worthless. I don't trust it, and neither should you.
  #42  
Old 25/08/2009, 02:04 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Because there is no reliable method for determining whether you really value more than , or vice versa, in your case. You are most likely weak at both. You definitely cannot determine it by introspection.
There is inter-type relations.

Quote:
Which literature?
oh, I could pull through links. Although last I checked there is a mention on how you can type by quadra on the main website here.


Quote:
I practice socionics in most aspects of my life, and I have studied the types in real life. What you definitely should not trust are the incompetent fools that are trying to brainwash you. They are not few, you know.
I also have studied the types in real life. I also treat you with suspicion like I would many other socionic posters.

Quote:
I just told you why, and I have told you many times in the past. Quadras are totally unreliable to use as a typing method, because they are not about the types, only about the relations between the types. You cannot use quadras or determine to which quadra you belong if you don't know which type you are. Temperaments and dichotomies are immensely more reliable and important than quadras if you want to find your type.
There are many tools available.

Quote:
For example that you started to get the result LII on socionic tests and the result INTJ on MBTI tests,
MBTI?
Quote:
and that you also could explain why you have lied when you have described your own typical behaviour and attitudes in the past, or that you could explain why you were not lying back then but only deluded, and that you now can describe your own typical behaviour and attidues in a way that makes it obvious that you fit the LII type descriptions.
i don't recall ever lying about myself on socionic forums. I also have to note that many people have used my posts to determine LII for my type, even going back to when I was a fresh poster.
Quote:
It would also help if you could provide visual evidence of yourself that would show that you look like a typical LII with a clearly ectomorph body type.
i've provided, i think two photos to SG before. I think he said he hasn't seen an SLI look like me before, which could mean I VI as an ISTp or not. I've no intention of re-posting any such pictures.

Quote:
My guess is that you would fail if you tried to provide such arguments.
Maybe you could show from my posts how i'm SLI. I would guess you would fail in that regards.

Quote:
If you don't know your own type, your opinion on the types of others is worthless. I don't trust it, and neither should you.
Rubbish.
  #43  
Old 25/08/2009, 09:08 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

I sat a new socioinc test last week and it gave me LII.

Although I do wonder if there's any real point in putting people into these boxes, it seems that it's almost impossible for me here.

Last edited by Cyclops; 25/08/2009 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #44  
Old 25/08/2009, 09:11 AM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
There is inter-type relations.
No, definitely no. Because you can't understand intertype relations until you know your own type, and also the types of others. You can't understand one single intertype relation correctly until you have established -- with absolute certainty -- the types of several other real life people with whom you have had continuous interaction during a long period of time. The kind of type guessing that people on socionic forums like to perform, where they try to establish their own type and the types of people they come into contact with without knowing their own type for certain, is nothing but a huge bunch of crap. It's what makes Socionics look like astrology, and it's a shame that people are so lousy when it comes to thinking critically and scientifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
oh, I could pull through links.
Pull one through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Although last I checked there is a mention on how you can type by quadra on the main website here.
Where exactly? I have checked but couldn't find any worth mentioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I also have studied the types in real life. I also treat you with suspicion like I would many other socionic posters.
Which indicates that you really haven't studied the types that much, or still haven't grasped the most important general patterns. Otherwise you would be able to see that I am much more right in what I say than most other "socionists" here and elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
There are many tools available.
Of course. And most of them are clearly superior to quadra typing, which is still a shitty method that leads to mistyping after mistyping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
MBTI?
You can take any test you want. They should all type you the same. The tests are constructed very similarly. There is no important difference whatsoever between a good socionic test and MBTI. You must always get the exact same result if you know yourself and understand the test questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
i don't recall ever lying about myself on socionic forums. I also have to note that many people have used my posts to determine LII for my type, even going back to when I was a fresh poster.
Well, then you are just an incompetent fool if you seriously consider LII as a likely type for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
i've provided, i think two photos to SG before. I think he said he hasn't seen an SLI look like me before, which could mean I VI as an ISTp or not. I've no intention of re-posting any such pictures.
And I am not asking you to do it either. I was only answering your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Maybe you could show from my posts how i'm SLI. I would guess you would fail in that regards.
I have never said anything about showing you to be an SLI. The photos were supposed to show that you are a LII in that hypothetical case. It is you who claim that you are a LII, so your look must be consistent with being that type. I would try to refute your claim, not trying to prove exactly which type you really are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Rubbish.
Certainly not.
  #45  
Old 25/08/2009, 09:29 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
No, definitely no. Because you can't understand intertype relations until you know your own type, and also the types of others. You can't understand one single intertype relation correctly until you have established -- with absolute certainty -- the types of several other real life people with whom you have had continuous interaction during a long period of time. The kind of type guessing that people on socionic forums like to perform, where they try to establish their own type and the types of people they come into contact with without knowing their own type for certain, is nothing but a huge bunch of crap. It's what makes Socionics look like astrology, and it's a shame that people are so lousy when it comes to thinking critically and scientifically.
Someone can believe, with absolute certainty, that they've got their type correct. And what then happens if it's wrong? Their understanding of socionics with that inter-type relations collapses like a house of cards.

You can judge yourself on people you type, people who have typed themselves, in order to see what functions you seek.

There are people I know who I have identified their type, and that they have identified their own type. On the basis of socionic forums, i've always "sort of" fitted in with Delta, but in comparison to other SLI's, i'm an odd man out. I also do not like to constantly bounce of the Delta NF's fixed view.

Now, you could say that i've mistyped everyone I know irl, and that they've mistyped themselves also. You can also say that everyone on socionics forums have mistyped themselves, but statistically, something must give, and a patter emerges.

Quote:
Pull one through.
Have a look for yourself, search wiki.

Quote:
Where exactly? I have checked but couldn't find any worth mentioning.
It's on this page here http://www.socionics.com/advan/methods.htm

Quote:
Which indicates that you really haven't studied the types that much, or still haven't grasped the most important general patterns. Otherwise you would be able to see that I am much more right in what I say than most other "socionists" here and elsewhere.
You make a presumptious claim there, and there's no way to validate it that I can see, it's a case of follow me like I am Jesus, happy are those who have not seen but still believe. I'm suprised that you except people to be so unscientific with such a claim which is purely subjective.

Quote:
Of course. And most of them are clearly superior to quadra typing, which is still a shitty method that leads to mistyping after mistyping.
I see no reason not to use all the methods, although I think you just use dichotomies and temperaments.

Quote:
You can take any test you want. They should all type you the same. The tests are constructed very similarly. There is no important difference whatsoever between a good socionic test and MBTI. You must always get the exact same result if you know yourself and understand the test questions.
I would rather not turn this into a conversation on MBTi = socionics, if that's OK.

Quote:
Well, then you are just an incompetent fool if you seriously consider LII as a likely type for you.
I'm an incompetent fool for listening to peoples arguments?
Quote:
And I am not asking you to do it either. I was only answering your question.
OK, I thought the information may be useful though.

Quote:
I have never said anything about showing you to be an SLI. The photos were supposed to show that you are a LII in that hypothetical case. It is you who claim that you are a LII, so your look must be consistent with being that type. I would try to refute your claim, not trying to prove exactly which type you really are.
As you are saying i'm not LII, and you are saying that my posts clearly prove it, and that you are doing a "duty" to other new comers here also, I think the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate this.

Quote:
Certainly not.
It seems we just have to agree to disagree on that one. I can see both sides, and it's not black and white (to me).
  #46  
Old 25/08/2009, 12:09 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

OK, i'll look at it from a dichotomies and temperaments.

The dichotomies which I identify with the most are:
I and T
Possibly N over S, unsure about J or P.

So IXTX.

Temperament

IP:

relaxed SOMETIMES
go-with-the-flow YES
finds it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy EASIER THAN SOME, BUT I USUALLY END UP LOOKING TO DO SOMETHING OR OTHER
movements are flexible, unhurried I TEND TO MOVE AROUND QUICKLY
little inclination towards fidgetiness when having to remain inactive for longer periods YEAH

IJ:

calm, balanced and inert USUALLY
"unflappable" USUALLY
rigid but not very fast gait SOUNDS MORE LIKELY THAN IP ONE
more reactive than active USUALLY
little inclination to fidget during long periods of inactivity YEAH
  #47  
Old 25/08/2009, 12:44 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Someone can believe, with absolute certainty, that they've got their type correct. And what then happens if it's wrong?
Then they are idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Their understanding of socionics with that inter-type relations collapses like a house of cards.
As it should. That would be a very good thing for them then. They would be liberated from their delusions and free to start anew with fresh minds. Sadly enough, people on socionics seem to be very reluctant to realize that they are wrong. But on the other hand, that is a phenomenon that we can see everywhere in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Now, you could say that i've mistyped everyone I know irl, and that they've mistyped themselves also. You can also say that everyone on socionics forums have mistyped themselves, but statistically, something must give, and a patter emerges.
When every typing is comparable to a random guess, which is often the case on socionic forums where a lot of incompetent fools participate, it is of course very unlikely that everyone is mistyped. Some people will be correctly typed -- but for the wrong reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Yes, I saw that one but it is not worth mentioning. As you can see it agrees with what I told you. You have to know at least one person's type with absolute certainty (in your case your own) if you are going to use intertype relations as a ground for typing. And even if you can manage that -- which I can do myself and have done too -- it's still a very unreliable method, simply because there are so few limits to possible interpretations of the nature of the relations. There are too many variables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
You make a presumptious claim there, and there's no way to validate it that I can see, it's a case of follow me like I am Jesus, happy are those who have not seen but still believe. I'm suprised that you except people to be so unscientific with such a claim which is purely subjective.
If you had a better understanding of the types, you would see that I am right. It is really as simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I see no reason not to use all the methods, although I think you just use dichotomies and temperaments.
I use every available method there is. Everything must fit. You must get the same typing result no matter what method you use. In all the persons I have typed everything fits. If something doesn't fit, then you have mistyped the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I would rather not turn this into a conversation on MBTi = socionics, if that's OK.
It's not okay. If you are not getting the same type in MBTT as you get in Socionics, you have made a mistyping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I'm an incompetent fool for listening to peoples arguments?
No, but for taking their arguments seriously when it is blatantly obvious that they are incompetent at typing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
As you are saying i'm not LII, and you are saying that my posts clearly prove it, and that you are doing a "duty" to other new comers here also, I think the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate this.
Certainly not.

Quote:
It seems we just have to agree to disagree on that one. I can see both sides, and it's not black and white (to me).
No, I don't agree to disagree. I am right, and you are wrong. It's very simple, and very black and white.
  #48  
Old 25/08/2009, 01:03 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Is this going anywhere? I gave you my analysis on the basis of dichotomies and temperaments.
  #49  
Old 25/08/2009, 01:13 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Is this going anywhere? I gave you my analysis on the basis of dichotomies and temperaments.
Don't you have anything more to add? Your analysis of your temperament indicates the same as your former typing of yourself. It suggest that you are an IXTp. So nothing is new there.

But if you use your brain, you can, for a start, of course dismiss the SEI typing suggestion as ridiculous. You know that you can't be an SEI.
  #50  
Old 25/08/2009, 01:25 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Don't you have anything more to add? Your analysis of your temperament indicates the same as your former typing of yourself. It suggest that you are an IXTp. So nothing is new there.

But if you use your brain, you can, for a start, of course dismiss the SEI typing suggestion as ridiculous. You know that you can't be an SEI.
I think SEI is pretty unlikely. I think IP is more likely, however i'm really not sure where I fit in with the J/P dichotomy, ot the IJ temperament, it's not clear cut. Before socionics, and around when I discovered this site, I would test on dichotomy tests as a J type quite often.

For instance, I am go with the flow in some ways, but in other ways i'm not. Sometimes I can become less go with the flow and more rigid on things after time. I've seen myself being pretty inflexible at work. It's really difficult to say.

Also, although you'll possibly disregard this, I think that I may be confusing my Te for my Ne. For instance at work, what my "speciality" is, is to be able to find new ways of solving problems with methods that are outwith the box. I'm able to take existing procedures and methods and change them, sometimes even make new ones, and make things work like that. It's pretty resourceful in ways, I always see possibilities, new ways of solving something, making new ways. If I can't make it work it's pretty cert that no one can (which is what i've been told, also what I think).

I'm really not joking to say that I am looking at this S/N and J/P thing. I also suppose ISTj is possible, but I remember in the past showing it to two other people who know me (a type description) and they didn't think it was me. I would rather discard that.
  #51  
Old 25/08/2009, 01:45 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I think SEI is pretty unlikely.
It's totally impossible -- unless you are insane, which is not very likely, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I think IP is more likely, however i'm really not sure where I fit in with the J/P dichotomy, ot the IJ temperament, it's not clear cut. Before socionics, and around when I discovered this site, I would test on dichotomy tests as a J type quite often.
It's well-known that for example ILIs often test on the border of J and P. But a LII should always test as J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
For instance, I am go with the flow in some ways, but in other ways i'm not. Sometimes I can become less go with the flow and more rigid on things after time. I've seen myself being pretty inflexible at work. It's really difficult to say.
Everything you say here is perfectly consistent with IP anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Also, although you'll possibly disregard this, I think that I may be confusing my Te for my Ne. For instance at work, what my "speciality" is, is to be able to find new ways of solving problems with methods that are outwith the box. I'm able to take existing procedures and methods and change them, sometimes even make new ones, and make things work like that. It's pretty resourceful in ways, I always see possibilities, new ways of solving something, making new ways. If I can't make it work it's pretty cert that no one can (which is what i've been told, also what I think).
That doesn't tell us much, except that you are not an LSI.
  #52  
Old 25/08/2009, 02:22 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
It's totally impossible -- unless you are insane, which is not very likely, is it?
lol, i'm not even sure if i'm bothered if i'm insane.

Quote:
It's well-known that for example ILIs often test on the border of J and P. But a LII should always test as J.
How so?

Quote:
Everything you say here is perfectly consistent with IP anyway.
Perhaps, but it's not clear cut.

Quote:
That doesn't tell us much, except that you are not an LSI.
It's an indication towards a use on ego Ne.
  #53  
Old 25/08/2009, 03:02 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Here are the correlations between Socionics and the Enneagram. As you can see it's very easy to determine the Enneagram type if you know your socionic type.

1s: leading
2s: leading
3s: leading
4s: INFx
5s: creative
6s: leading
7s: leading
8s: leading
9s: creative

An ISTp can choose between 5 or 9. It doesn't matter which he chooses since neither fits very well. There's no natural home for the ISTp in the Enneagram.

An INFj could fit either 4 or 6 depending on whether its intuition or its IJ temperament is most accentuated. An INFp might also feel more comfortable with 4 or 9 depending on temperament. (The 9 is the most clearly accentuated IP temperament type in the Enneagram.)

The other types has no choice, really. But it's not that important, since the Enneagram is a false theory in its essence.
What kind of stupidity are you telling here as usual?
I am a clear 6 and I don't even value Fi.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
  #54  
Old 25/08/2009, 03:09 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
What kind of stupidity are you telling here as usual?
I am a clear 6 and I don't even value Fi.
Yeah there are plenty of people of all socionic types who are given different enneagram types. Celebrities or otherwise.

I think the problem is though that Prom will likely say that everyone else is wrong, that they haven't studied the types as much as he has.

It's almost impossible to argue with reasoning like that. It's just his opinion, there's nothing I can think to be done.

-------------------------------------------

Another thing about my type, is that often i've had plenty of ideas to do things in life, directions, possibilities, goals, however a stumbling block is that I don't always put those ideas in motion. As I understand it, it's the Ne type that comes up with the ideas, and it's the Si type that's able to implement them. Maybe it is just too much to try to squeeze people into a box of 16types.

As much as I want to find out my type for sure though, because i've spent enough time in socionics to think there must be something to it, i'm tired of argueing/discussing the same sort of things over and over - this is probably more a general point. Maybe socionics is just mental exercise to play around with more than much else. I'm not sure an "S" type would have engaged in so much theoretical discussions overall. I dunno.
  #55  
Old 25/08/2009, 03:18 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
How so?
Why should they test as P? An INTj is much more like an ISTj in behaviour than like any of the P types. If you are an INTj and you understand what the four dichotomies stand for, then you will not hesitate between J and P. It will be fairly easy for you to decide that you are a J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Perhaps, but it's not clear cut.
Not so much that the alternative can be completely ruled out, if that's what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
It's an indication towards a use on ego Ne.
No, it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
What kind of stupidity are you telling here as usual?
I am a clear 6 and I don't even value Fi.
You are not a clear 6.

Last edited by Prometheus; 25/08/2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #56  
Old 25/08/2009, 03:25 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,374
Default

How the hell do you know?
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
  #57  
Old 25/08/2009, 03:25 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Why should they test as P? An INTj is much more like an ISTj in behaviour than like any of the P types. If you are an INTj and you understand what the four dichotomies stand for, then you will not hesitate between J and P. It will be fairly easy for you to decide that you are a J.
I dunno, what should I think?

All this behavior stuff should be taken with a pinch of salt, because if it was as clear as that, there would only be 16 ways of behaving.
Quote:
Not so much that the alternative can be completely ruled out, if that's what you mean.
Yeah I mean that possibly there's not enough information there to decide.

Quote:
No, it isn't.
please can you explain why it isn't? what does Ne do in the ego?

Quote:
You are not a clear 6.
he's an 11.
  #58  
Old 25/08/2009, 03:37 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Yeah there are plenty of people of all socionic types who are given different enneagram types. Celebrities or otherwise.
Which only shows that many Enneagram practitioners are incompetent idiots, who don't understand the types and their own theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I think the problem is though that Prom will likely say that everyone else is wrong, that they haven't studied the types as much as he has.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
It's almost impossible to argue with reasoning like that. It's just his opinion, there's nothing I can think to be done.
It's very, very easy. All you have to do is to study the types too. You think that your opinion, or someone else's opinion, has the same value as mine. But it hasn't. Your opinion is solely based on guesses and subjective speculations, whereas mine is based on thorough investigations of a huge amount of relevant material, empirical as well as literature. I have knowledge, you have only an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Another thing about my type, is that often i've had plenty of ideas to do things in life, directions, possibilities, goals, however a stumbling block is that I don't always put those ideas in motion. As I understand it, it's the Ne type that comes up with the ideas, and it's the Si type that's able to implement them.
False. Start over again from scratch, and stop having these kind of ridiculous subjective ideas, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Maybe it is just too much to try to squeeze people into a box of 16types.
Study more. You are blind because you haven't studied the types yet. It is definitely not too much. You are just lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
As much as I want to find out my type for sure though, because i've spent enough time in socionics to think there must be something to it, i'm tired of argueing/discussing the same sort of things over and over - this is probably more a general point.
The simple cure for that is to stop arguing, stop having an opinion, and instead start learning the basic facts about the types. Your knowledge of the types is extremely limited. There is no wonder that you are so confused when you know so little as you in fact do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Maybe socionics is just mental exercise to play around with more than much else. I'm not sure an "S" type would have engaged in so much theoretical discussions overall. I dunno.
Stop guessing. Study.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
All this behavior stuff should be taken with a pinch of salt, because if it was as clear as that, there would only be 16 ways of behaving.
No. Behaviour is clear cut. Behaviour is the foundation for Socionics. You shoul always observe your own behaviour as well as the behaviour of others -- that's the only way you can determine your types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Yeah I mean that possibly there's not enough information there to decide.
Now you are reasoning like an idiot again. Of course there's enough information to decide. You just have to take it all in together, and not just a piece here and leave another important piece of information out. You don't see the whole picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
please can you explain why it isn't? what does Ne do in the ego?
Has the idea ever crossed your mind that there might be other explanations, other possible causes, for the kind of behaviour you describe than having in the ego?

Last edited by Prometheus; 25/08/2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #59  
Old 25/08/2009, 03:39 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Which only shows that many Enneagram practitioners are incompetent idiots, who don't understand the types and their own theory.
yeah, only you get it. I get it.
Quote:
Correct.
the more I learn, the more I realise I don't know. I suppose I just work differently from you.

Quote:
It's very, very easy. All you have to do is to study the types too. You think that your opinion, or someone else's opinion, has the same value as mine. But it hasn't. Your opinion is solely based on guesses and subjective speculations, whereas mine is based on thorough investigations of a huge amount of relevant material, empirical as well as literature. I have knowledge, you have only an opinion.
OK you win, what type do you want me to be?

Quote:
False. Start over again from scratch, and stop having these kind of ridiculous subjective ideas, please.
Smilingeyes said it. It's funny how you dismiss it as ridiculous here, yet use him when it suits you.

Quote:
Study more. You are blind because you haven't studied the types yet. It is definitely not too much. You are just lazy.
I'm certainly experiencing apathy.

Quote:
The simple cure for that is to stop arguing, stop having an opinion, and instead start learning the basic facts about the types. Your knowledge of the types is extremely limited. There is no wonder that you are so confused when you know so little as you in fact do.
A wise man just told me that Mrs. Horney says that there are 3 basic emotions to approach the world. Anger, compliance, apathy. Should I select compliance? Which one do you select?

Quote:
Stop guessing. Study.
Sigh.
  #60  
Old 25/08/2009, 04:27 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
OK you win, what type do you want me to be?
Choose one of the ego types with IP temperaments. I don't care which one, as long as everything fits for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Smilingeyes said it. It's funny how you dismiss it as ridiculous here, yet use him when it suits you.
The types are not the only ones that come up with the ideas, and it is not only the types that are able to implement them. I objected to your incorrect reasoning, in which you draw conclusions about which type you are when there are several other possible explanations for your behaviour. It's iritating that you don't see that you are making inferences that don't follow logically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I'm certainly experiencing apathy.
Which is most typical of the IP temperament and an argument against the other temperaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
A wise man just told me that Mrs. Horney says that there are 3 basic emotions to approach the world. Anger, compliance, apathy. Should I select compliance? Which one do you select?
I studied Horney long before I studied Socionics. I can recommend her book Neurosis and Human Growth for further study, if you want to learn more about those three basic solutions to the problems of life. They are all described in length there.

I am a clear cut example of apathy, and I fit her description of a resigned personality (here I am freely translating from my Swedish edition of that book; I am not sure what she calls them in English) very well. Anger is correlated with extraversion and logic (ET), compliance is correlated with ethics (F), and apathy/resignation is correlated with introversion and logic (IT) and is clearly manifested in the INTp type.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM