Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 24/08/2009, 04:37 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
OK, I almost forgot to take a shower this morning, i'm pretty sure this points to Si HA.
Definitely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Last week, I went for a McDonalds. Apparently you get a free glass with your diet coke. I couldn't decide what colour I wanted so I asked the girl who was serving me to choose it for me. She gave me a pink one.
Proves that you are definitely not an ENTj (in case someone ever thought that was a possibility).
  #22  
Old 24/08/2009, 04:41 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Definitely not.


Proves that you are definitely not an ENTj (in case someone ever thought that was a possibility).
I'm taking the mick , although it doesn't prove i'm not INTj, but it does indicate i'm not a sensor, since it appears that your level of application evolves around (perhaps even MBTI) dichotomy/behavioural approach.
  #23  
Old 24/08/2009, 04:49 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I'm taking the mick , although it doesn't prove i'm not INTj, but it does indicate i'm not a sensor, since it appears that your level of application evolves around (perhaps even MBTI) dichotomy/behavioural approach.
It could be interpreted as indicating that, but it is no proof whatsoever. And if you are not a sensor, then you are an INTp. Nothing else is possible (unless you are deluded beyond any hope or is lying about what you are really like -- of which neither option seems very likely).
  #24  
Old 24/08/2009, 04:52 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
It could be interpreted as indicating that, but it is no proof whatsoever. And if you are not a sensor, then you are an INTp. Nothing else is possible (unless you are deluded beyond any hope or is lying about what you are really like -- of which neither option seems very likely).
Nor do I see how it doesn't prove i'm not ENTj.


However, Prom, stop harrassing me. I think i'm INTj. If you've got something useful to add other than trying to bludgeon some type or other into my head with "force", and contradictions, then fine, otherwise why post on the thread? I think i've already told you i'm not going to change my mind with stuff like that.
  #25  
Old 24/08/2009, 06:28 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

I also haven't ruled out an ethical type for me. If anyone's got any opinions or questions about that, or about INTj, or IXTp or some other type, please ask or say and i'll do my best to answer.
  #26  
Old 24/08/2009, 06:57 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
However, Prom, stop harrassing me. I think i'm INTj.
Stop thinking like an idiot. There is no indications whatsoever that you could be an INTj. None. So don't pretend that you are one, unless you want to make a complete fool of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
If you've got something useful to add other than trying to bludgeon some type or other into my head with "force", and contradictions, then fine, otherwise why post on the thread?
Because you are making an obviously false claim, and I hate false claims.
  #27  
Old 24/08/2009, 07:24 PM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
what you could say i'm doing is that I analyse the information that's there, the "facts", how they logically relate to each other to see if they make sense or contradict."
With regards to this being an expression of Te, that is a possibility however, in itself I'm not certain - could you say that this is more of an Ne statement rather than one of clear cut Ti/Te?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Because you are making an obviously false claim, and I hate false claims.
His obviously false claim, may be obvious to you, however it clearly isn't to others or apparantly Cyclops himself. I suggest that instead of labelling your views as obviously this or that you actually make an efffort to substantiate them. Until that time your comments will be viewed by most as personal opinions rather than constructive arguements.

p.s. I'm not saying that you're incorrect - you may well be.

Last edited by king; 24/08/2009 at 07:33 PM.
  #28  
Old 24/08/2009, 08:05 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
With regards to this being an expression of Te, that is a possibility however, in itself I'm not certain - could you say that this is more of an Ne statement rather than one of clear cut Ti/Te?
It's not more of an statement, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king
His obviously false claim, may be obvious to you, however it clearly isn't to others or apparantly Cyclops himself.
Well, that means that it is still a false claim, and that's what's relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king
I suggest that instead of labelling your views as obviously this or that you actually make an efffort to substantiate them.
That should'nt be necessary. The evidence is in plain view for everyone to see. Just read Cyclops's posts, preferably all of them, or at least as many as are necessary to convince you that I'm right. If that still isn't enough, you simply have to study Socionics and the types in more depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king
Until that time your comments will be viewed by most as personal opinions rather than constructive arguements.
Of course. That is how most people seem to view them all the time, regardless of my arguments or how I put them. So, I won't bother to try to convince you. It's a waste of time. You will have to make an effort yourself to see the truth. You will have to read the material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king
p.s. I'm not saying that you're incorrect - you may well be.
Yes, I know.
  #29  
Old 24/08/2009, 08:08 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
With regards to this being an expression of Te, that is a possibility however, in itself I'm not certain - could you say that this is more of an Ne statement rather than one of clear cut Ti/Te?
My own opinion fwiw is that I analyse the facts to see if they make sense. I don't use the facts as they are (which is probably Te).

On that basis i'm using the facts to disseminate them if you will.. If I was a Te type I would use the facts as they stand, not question the "objective" truth of them. And then I wonder if right there I form a Ti inclusive concept/idea/analysis, if so, sorry, or is it Ti at my core..


Quote:
His obviously false claim, may be obvious to you, however it clearly isn't to others or apparantly Cyclops himself. I suggest that instead of labelling your views as obviously this or that you actually make an efffort to substantiate them. Until that time your comments will be viewed by most as personal opinions rather than constructive arguements.

p.s. I'm not saying that you're incorrect - you may well be.
Thank you. I'm curious what type you think I may be, fwiw I think I am on the Si/Ne axis. I also wonder if my focus at times on my health, fitness etc is a manifestation of Si HA, because in fairness sometimes I slip up (more than what I think ISTp's do that i've identified).
  #30  
Old 24/08/2009, 08:42 PM
stanprollyright's Avatar
stanprollyright stanprollyright is offline
The Looks
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
I suggest that instead of labelling your views as obviously this or that you actually make an efffort to substantiate them.
That should'nt be necessary. The evidence is in plain view for everyone to see. Just read Cyclops's posts, preferably all of them, or at least as many as are necessary to convince you that I'm right. If that still isn't enough, you simply have to study Socionics and the types in more depth.
This basically means that he can't substantiate them because his opinions aren't based on anything. Good luck arguing with him, king. It won't go anywhere.
__________________
So this one time me an' my bes' frien' Stan, we went to a church service. That preacher was talkin' 'bout hell. So Stan leans over to me an' he says, "I bet hell is like a PoLR hit every day."

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
  #31  
Old 24/08/2009, 08:51 PM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
My own opinion fwiw is that I analyse the facts to see if they make sense. I don't use the facts as they are (which is probably Te).

On that basis i'm using the facts to disseminate them if you will.. If I was a Te type I would use the facts as they stand, not question the "objective" truth of them. And then I wonder if right there I form a Ti inclusive concept/idea/analysis, if so, sorry, or is it Ti at my core..


Thank you. I'm curious what type you think I may be, fwiw I think I am on the Si/Ne axis. I also wonder if my focus at times on my health, fitness etc is a manifestation of Si HA, because in fairness sometimes I slip up (more than what I think ISTp's do that i've identified).
Although I do enjoy playing devils advocate, my gut says SLI is probably the most likely option. If you wish to explore LII that's fine, although it may be worth while stepping back and thinking more about yourself as an individual rather than a type until things are totally clear to you.
also think about what you'd secretly like to be like and good at, that is your dual. I know indecive SLI's (regarding the coke glass)

Do you have good or bad teeth?
When you tidy something do you do it naturally or do you make a large conscious effort?
When people try to analyse you does this make you uncomfortable or pleasantly surprised?
Describe your speech patterns, pace, tone etc?

I do not know who you are as a person so It's really just general impressions from what you have written. You are also Scottish, so essentially not like most other people on this planet. I would not rule out SEI entirely, I believe this unlikely. Basically relax, take it easy and it will all become clear.
  #32  
Old 24/08/2009, 09:07 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
Although I do enjoy playing devils advocate, my gut says SLI is probably the most likely option. If you wish to explore LII that's fine, although it may be worth while stepping back and thinking more about yourself as an individual rather than a type until things are totally clear to you.
also think about what you'd secretly like to be like and good at, that is your dual. I know indecive SLI's (regarding the coke glass)
I personally feel that a lot of what you say is where this LII typing is coming from for me. I have considered i'm coming back to "who I am", not just what I should be or perhaps "have had" to be.

Are there direct questions?
Quote:
Do you have good or bad teeth?
My teeth are good.
Quote:
When you tidy something do you do it naturally or do you make a large conscious effort?
I really struggle to clean the house and sometimes my friends have helped me/done it for me.
Quote:
When people try to analyse you does this make you uncomfortable or pleasantly surprised?
Hmm, if it's fixed opinions of me, i've often found them offensive, not just because of the content, but because I believe myself, and others are not fixed.
Quote:
Describe your speech patterns, pace, tone etc?
When I play myself back I am rather monotone, perhaps a bit harsh in sound.
Quote:
I do not know who you are as a person so It's really just general impressions from what you have written. You are also Scottish, so essentially not like most other people on this planet.
lol, culture.
Quote:
I would not rule out SEI entirely, I believe this unlikely. Basically relax, take it easy and it will all become clear.
I wouldn't rule out SEI either. I think it's more likely than SLI. I think i'm too emotionally malleable to be an Fe PoLR.
  #33  
Old 24/08/2009, 09:58 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
My own opinion fwiw is that I analyse the facts to see if they make sense. I don't use the facts as they are (which is probably Te).
An INTj wouldn't call them "facts" before interpretation. That's one aspect of that most people don't understand. There's nothing naturally given for a typical INTj. To me there is.

And to try to put empirically given facts together into a coherent world view is typical of INTps, but it's not typical of INTjs. That's another aspect of and that most people don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
On that basis i'm using the facts to disseminate them if you will.
What does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I wouldn't rule out SEI either. I think it's more likely than SLI.
That's an incredibly insane statement from a person who believes himself to be a LII. Totally absurd. If you really believe that, you must be an idiot. Sorry, it had to be said, but you reason like a lunatic.

Last edited by Prometheus; 24/08/2009 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #34  
Old 24/08/2009, 10:15 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Where I am at work just now, everyone is very serious and display not much emotion. This makes me uncomfortable.

On thinking back, the best place I worked was when I was in a small team of four people. We all joked and laughed a lot and I felt happy. One of the team told me I was like a big kid, always laughing and joking and saying silly random bizarre things. I felt relaxed here.

I don't understand how I can not value Fe, or be Fe PoLR, if I enjoyed this.
  #35  
Old 24/08/2009, 10:59 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
On thinking back, the best place I worked was when I was in a small team of four people. We all joked and laughed a lot and I felt happy. One of the team told me I was like a big kid, always laughing and joking and saying silly random bizarre things. I felt relaxed here.
At least that proves with absolute certainty that you are not an INTj. So let's forget about that ridiculous typing once and for all.
  #36  
Old 24/08/2009, 11:03 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
At least that proves with absolute certainty that you are not an INTj. So let's forget about that ridiculous typing once and for all.
Can't this be alpha humour/set up? Maybe I was enjoying the Fe atmosphere, and enjoying my Fe DS function.

I may be an idiot, and throw this all away and go back to SXI, I guess I just want to look at it all.
  #37  
Old 24/08/2009, 11:30 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Can't this be alpha humour/set up?
No. Irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Maybe I was enjoying the Fe atmosphere, and enjoying my Fe DS function.
Extremely weak argument. What you describe doesn't point to any particular type or quadra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I may be an idiot, and throw this all away and go back to SXI, I guess I just want to look at it all.
That's another strong argument against LII.
  #38  
Old 24/08/2009, 11:45 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
No. Irrelevant.
What makes it irrelevant? If not quadra related, shouldn't we look at Fe or Fi valueing? It to me sounds kinda like I value Fe.

Quote:
Extremely weak argument. What you describe doesn't point to any particular type or quadra.
What do you think would point to a quadra? Quadra aside, as I understand it, Fe PoLR's don't like such an environment.

Normally i'm very reserved. Some people are able to bring out the "fun" in me.
Quote:
That's another strong argument against LII.
I dunno, it sounds like a Judicious quadra to me, considering all the info (maybe you don't agree with reinin, or see it some other way). Maybe though it's worth noting in the past i've been somewhat against exploring all the options of my type, at least in what I see as "public" environment, such as forum posts. It's not easy for me by nature.

(Heh, in general, it also sounds like i'm Merry dichotomy).

Do you have an (other) opinion on my type, do you think i'm just confused?

What do you like Prom?

I used to never laugh, then a good friend got me laughing so much it was like another world. It was great. He could be ESFj btw, not impossible typing for him.

Last edited by Cyclops; 24/08/2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #39  
Old 25/08/2009, 12:08 AM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
What makes it irrelevant? If not quadra related, shouldn't we look at Fe or Fi valueing?
No, we shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
It to me sounds kinda like I value Fe.
Nothing substantial in what you have described suggests that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
What do you think would point to a quadra?
A type. Everything else can be interpreted in so many different ways and is so circumstantial that it's practically useless. You simply can't type by quadra. It's the most worthless and misused of all typing methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Quadra aside, as I understand it, Fe PoLR's don't like such an environment.
It depends on the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Normally i'm very reserved. Some people are able to bring out the "fun" in me.
Your behaviour fits best with IP temperament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I dunno, it sounds like a Judicious quadra to me, considering all the info (maybe you don't agree with reinin, or see it some other way).
Typing by quadra is idiotic and totally unreliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Maybe though it's worth noting in the past i've been somewhat against exploring all the options of my type, at least in what I see as "public" environment, such as forum posts. It's not easy for me by nature.
No one should ever explore "all the options" of someone's type in the way such idiotic charades are played out on the16types (which is the worst place to be if you want to find your true type). You should almost never consider more than two type options, because almost without exceptions every other type can be ruled out at an early stage of the typing process as out of the question. Correct typing is easy, and people who have to spend more than a few months on typing themselves have totally misunderstood what correct typing is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Do you have an (other) opinion on my type, do you think i'm just confused?
You haven't provided a single good argument against your previous typing, and no good argument for LII either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
I used to never laugh, then a good friend got me laughing so much it was like another world. It was great. He could be ESFj btw, not impossible typing for him.
So he could be ESFj or some other type. Pretty useless information since you don't know your own type, and therefore can't be trusted to type others either.
  #40  
Old 25/08/2009, 12:22 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
No, we shouldn't.
Why not?

Quote:
Nothing substantial in what you have described suggests that.
OK.

Quote:
A type. Everything else can be interpreted in so many different ways and is so circumstantial that it's practically useless. You simply can't type by quadra. It's the most worthless and misused of all typing methods.
Socionic literature would disagree with you. Who should I trust, someone on the internet or people who practice socionics full time as a living? I think quadras give some indication. If you think they should be ignored, why?





Quote:
It depends on the circumstances.
Yeah it can to an extent, however socionic literature would seem to point to Fi dual types not being particularly into this sort of behaviour, because they focus on their own model X functions when interacting. Fe dual types are different, no?

Quote:
Your behaviour fits best with IP temperament.
Maybe.

Quote:
Typing by quadra is idiotic and totally unreliable.
See above.

Quote:
No one should ever explore "all the options" of someone's type in the way such idiotic charades are played out on the16types (which is the worst place to be if you want to find your true type). You should almost never consider more than two type options, because almost without exceptions every other type can be ruled out at an early stage of the typing process as out of the question. Correct typing is easy, and people who have to spend more than a few months on typing themselves have totally misunderstood what correct typing is all about.
I've witnessed some of the nonesense typing threads on 16types. The new owner has made it better, but it's also part of the reason why I discussed it over pm before going public.


Quote:
You haven't provided a single good argument against your previous typing, and no good argument for LII either.
What would make a good argument?

Quote:
So he could be ESFj or some other type. Pretty useless information since you don't know your own type, and therefore can't be trusted to type others either.
I think we've covered this, but I can't totally agree. It's often easier to evaluate other people than it is ourselves.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM