Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 03/06/2010, 12:51 PM
Gone on holiday...

Ah, well if it is choice between SLE and SLI then I go for SLE, you look Se leading imo from your photo - I don't see Si leading.

The stuff you talk about, here and on the other thread, you sound too tactically aware to be Si leading, but Se leading fits more naturally. I'd recommend you look into ESFp too but my opinion is that Se type is the way to go for you.
Old 03/06/2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemaldonado View Post
Under the thread VI me, I can post more if needed.
yes, please a side picture; thank you. Preferably taken from shoulder's up and not one where you just turn your neck around (directly from the side).
Old 03/06/2010, 05:42 PM
Omnomnom

Agreed on Se-ego.
Old 03/06/2010, 05:43 PM

Here's the first one I found

Old 03/06/2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDarman View Post
yes, please a side picture; thank you. Preferably taken from shoulder's up and not one where you just turn your neck around (directly from the side).

Will this do?
Old 03/06/2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post

Will this do?
LOL!!! ...............
Old 03/06/2010, 08:48 PM

All I see is very clear ISTp
Old 03/06/2010, 11:30 PM

What criteria with VI helped you come up with your assessment?
Old 04/06/2010, 02:42 AM

Quote:
What criteria with VI helped you come up with your assessment?
introversion; you don't have to be E to like or play sports...or a lot of things; with this picture, unlike the other, you were "your normal" state that is not smiling first of all, sort of into yourself, but also at the same time with your friends not single tasking and looking strait at the camera and not being distracted by anything else that was going on; I find that E types, when there is a camera around, will turn around and focus directly at the camera and stair at it intensely, unlike I types. Plus with this picture, I can see your facial profile better and see the past the fine features that make you a T type (like your flat forehead). F types, most of the time.

Here's Clint Eastwood, ESTp, in the same pose position as you; see how his face tenses up when there's a camera? and he looks directly at the features of the camera -like the lense or something; your face is not as tense as his, it is relaxed and interanally focused...

Last edited by MDarman; 04/06/2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old 04/06/2010, 02:55 AM

Where do you get your V.I. info from? A lot of things in the ISTp profile hit me but at the same time, there are things in the ESTp that hit me. I usually score midrange on the E/I section.
Old 04/06/2010, 02:56 AM
Gone on holiday...

How interesting to see an N type trying to check out the details
Old 04/06/2010, 03:12 AM

The flat-headed Mr. Eastwood has been claimed by some other quadra.
Old 04/06/2010, 03:16 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by felafel View Post
The flat-headed Mr. Eastwood has been claimed by some other quadra.
I actually think he's LSI, dunno about the tefal guys though
Old 04/06/2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I actually think he's LSI, dunno about the tefal guys though
LOL @ tefal
Possible, although i've known people who've said INTp for Eastwood.
Old 04/06/2010, 10:33 AM

I have Clint Eastwood as ISTp.
Old 04/06/2010, 05:29 PM

I did my research in the 16types.info website, and I am a solid fit with SLI. I think I got too involved with acquired traits vs. natural traits.
Old 04/06/2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by privilege View Post
I have Clint Eastwood as ISTp.
Then you have him very wrong, read his autobio and you will see what I see

Quote:
I did my research in the 16types.info website, and I am a solid fit with SLI. I think I got too involved with acquired traits vs. natural traits.
Yes you are a very solid and very very healthy SLI because you're not at all confused about who you are, what you can give to your dual, which are your primary functions (the things about you you are good at) and you know yourselve very well...you sound awesome.
Old 04/06/2010, 08:13 PM
Gone on holiday...

Maritsa, afair you type Mike Tyson as ISTp as well, I suppose it's kinda relative to thread, but I wonder what you expect in ISTps, maybe more specifically Si. I suppose I see Se leading in him.. and Nate, maybe you could correct me.

Quote:
Yes you are a very solid and very very healthy SLI because you're not at all confused about who you are, what you can give to your dual, which are your primary functions (the things about you you are good at) and you know yourselve very well...you sound awesome.
I'm not sure we've seen Te in Nate yet, have I missed it and if so where? I ask as you are saying he can supply 'necessaries' to his dual (Te) not withstanding Si.

Last edited by Cyclops; 04/06/2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04/06/2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Maritsa, afair you type Mike Tyson as ISTp as well, I suppose it's kinda relative to thread, but I wonder what you expect in ISTps, maybe more specifically Si. I suppose I see Se leading in him.. and Nate, maybe you could correct me.
I don't know Tyson, so I can't say what I expect from him; what I expect from ISTp is what I expect in my duals; Te, work when needed to work and make love to me, provide pleasurable things for us to do. Encourage me to get out and do things without stressing me out. Se is too much movement for me and not enough emphasis on you work now (with regards to time to work) and you rest now (with regards to Si). But, just so happends that with ISTp's I get overload on rest, because they are heavy on R&R and that frustrates me about them; work awaits, please get stuff done, thanks...anyway, not to sound upset, just thinking about my workaholic X-ISTp BF; I liked him a lot but work was misdirected; I wanted him to focus on the work that I tought was important, stuff that traditionally men are supposed to do, like hang us blinds and fix the lighting, not to leave it to me to call the electrician...ISTp's to me do other work that their duals admire that I have no use for so their Te only frustrates me and doesn't help me. For example, I find ISTp's overfocus on work that brings in lots of money, I like focus on work that is more balanced, bring in the money, but set yourself aside to do the things Te does (checks up on the outdated tech stuff, fix big things around the home, buy a new lawnmore and don't wait so long to do it because you're buys focusing on Si of the moment).
Old 04/06/2010, 08:53 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I don't know Tyson, so I can't say what I expect from him; what I expect from ISTp is what I expect in my duals; Te, work when needed to work and make love to me, provide pleasurable things for us to do. Encourage me to get out and do things without stressing me out. Se is too much movement for me and not enough emphasis on you work now (with regards to time to work) and you rest now (with regards to Si). But, just so happends that with ISTp's I get overload on rest, because they are heavy on R&R and that frustrates me about them; work awaits, please get stuff done, thanks...anyway, not to sound upset, just thinking about my workaholic X-ISTp BF; I liked him a lot but work was misdirected; I wanted him to focus on the work that I tought was important, stuff that traditionally men are supposed to do, like hang us blinds and fix the lighting, not to leave it to me to call the electrician...ISTp's to me do other work that their duals admire that I have no use for so their Te only frustrates me and doesn't help me. For example, I find ISTp's overfocus on work that brings in lots of money, I like focus on work that is more balanced, bring in the money, but set yourself aside to do the things Te does (checks up on the outdated tech stuff, fix big things around the home, buy a new lawnmore and don't wait so long to do it because you're buys focusing on Si of the moment).
OK but that doesn't explain how you see Tyson and Nate as ISTp from what I can tell.

Edit: You say you don't know much about Tyson, or don't 'know' (?) him like you say it's easy to read up on him, afaik most people exposed to TV, newspaper and internet (I assume you are exposed to 3rd as you post on internet) know about him without having to research, maybe it was just a VI thing that you applied that you type him by, hmmm.

OK, I guess i'm curious how you see Nate using Si and Te, although it's no biggie in bigger picture, end of day we are all entitled to our opinions and i'm pretty sure I probably don't justify mines completely at times.

Last edited by Cyclops; 04/06/2010 at 09:00 PM.