Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 12/10/2011, 06:48 AM

Default ENFj's and their missions

I've read all the type profiles on here, and there's always been one or two things that stick out in the descriptions that make me go "hmmm"...

For the ENFj profile, it was this:

"ENFjs do not like to work if someone is there, observing them. They really do not like others to see how they manage their homes and day to day matters. Because of this they often send other people on missions with various instructions in order to get rid of them so they can work comfortably. "

Questions: Does this apply to *all* situations in which an ENFj would be working?
Ex: An ENFj student is working on an experiment in science class. The teacher walks around every workstation and observes his/her students, the ENFj student mentally freaks out and maybe tries to sends the teacher on a "mission"??? Ex2: An ENFj teacher is having an evaluation done on his/her teaching skills as they are teaching.... do they have a panic attack??

And why does it bother them so much??

(And hey, maybe ENFj's were the original creators of the scavenger hunt?? )
Old 14/10/2011, 09:15 PM
Gone on holiday...

I think it's because they make it up as they go along
Old 15/10/2011, 02:28 PM

Hmm... I'm not sure that they dislike working. I rather think they are always busy and doing something. They have which makes them practical and administrating. And makes them always busy and making appointments. Their life is scheduled.
Old 18/10/2011, 07:56 AM

jsb'07: I wasn't trying to say that ENFj's don't like working.. I think the ENFj profile even mentioned that they don't mind working long unsociable hours.. I was trying to find out why they don't like people watching them when they work and sent people off on missions..

I'm thinking maybe people are too much of a distraction to them when they work? Cuts off their work mojo?

I think what really intrigues me is that they are *so* uncomfortable with other people seeing them work that they send them off to do......?? whatever will take the other person long enough to accomplish that the ENFj has plenty of time to finish their work, I guess?
Old 18/10/2011, 01:21 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahbee1235 View Post
jsb'07: I wasn't trying to say that ENFj's don't like working.. I think the ENFj profile even mentioned that they don't mind working long unsociable hours.. I was trying to find out why they don't like people watching them when they work and sent people off on missions..

I'm thinking maybe people are too much of a distraction to them when they work? Cuts off their work mojo?

I think what really intrigues me is that they are *so* uncomfortable with other people seeing them work that they send them off to do......?? whatever will take the other person long enough to accomplish that the ENFj has plenty of time to finish their work, I guess?
When somebodies watching them they interfere with the ENFjs creativity, coupled with the fact that they're not tooooooo competent with the procedures for tasks (3rd place - it's there but not as strong as an ego function or as weak as a PoLR).

So you get them not 100% sure they're working to the correct practical procedure (T related, usually Te in this case), and to compensate this they become creative with their Ni - seeing new ways to do carry out the work instead of the standard Te proceudre - sort of creative workarounds.

Of course if they get anxious about all this then their becomes quite hyper-inflated

This is my understanding of it, so it's better to not be watched and not have the anxiety and be able to get the work done and still appear competent - which they actually pretty much are. Their Ni always guides them on what will/won't work so they get the job done making good decisions on the way - as long as they don't have to feel concious about the possible criticism
Old 23/10/2011, 01:21 PM

I haven't known any ENFj, so I can't answer the question. But i think it's perhaps not type related, but because that person has it's own reasons for that.
Old 25/11/2011, 03:12 AM

This fits me perfectly! I am terrified of being observed teaching by administrators and feel so conscious when they are in my room. I do not know why either Any help on how to fight this fear of observation is most welcome.

It almost becomes a vicious cycle...my classroom environment is set to friendly, relaxed and intuitive. My kids, esp. my N kids can tell exactly when i tense up, so when i am being observed i tense up and my class tenses up and the environment is completely thrown out of wack!

Luckily my current observing principal is understanding of this but I have been hammered in the past for observations that have gone very poorly because of this phenomenon.