Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 06/06/2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Kensi, here is a test which may or may not (!) help,
Aren't they all like that?

Quote:
Kensi, here is a test which may or may not (!) help, could you answer the following:

1. Are you proactive or do you wait for things to happen?
2. Do you find that you entertain people easily?
3. Do you feel it's up to you to initiate contact with others or do you feel it's up to other people to do this?
4. When initiating contact, are you quite happy to do this or would you still maybe prefer others to do it?
5. Are you impulsive?
6. Do you find it difficult to relax unless you are tired?
7. Do you tend to have roughly the same energy levels all day or does it change drastically over the course of the day?
8. Are you quick to take action?
9. Do you fidget a lot?
10. Do you take things as they come?

Also, could you arrange these activities and outlooks in order of interest, starting from most interesting to least interesting:

Spiritual, Sports, Clubbing, Philosophical, Gossip, Families, Humanitarian issues, Cooking, Parties, Music, Literature.
    1. proactive
    2. only the ones i know
    3. other people start, then i'm on fire i take over
    4. quite happy
    5. (i looked into possibly having ADHD)- impulsive
    6. yes
    7. same energy
    8. this is a bad question...yes...hmmmm.
    9. only when i'm opening up gifts
    10. no, not really
---------
Where does watching tv fit in
  1. Sports -even if its only watching tv
  2. philos (or psych same thing)
  3. cooking
  4. families
  5. music
  6. partying
  7. spiritual
  8. clubbing
  9. humanitarian
  10. gossip
  11. liter
All done, be back in an hour......i better have my results back or else...
just kidding

Last edited by kensi; 06/06/2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 09:49 PM

I feel like doing it as well, although I know my type. Be interesting to see if anything else comes up.

1. Are you proactive or do you wait for things to happen? depends
2. Do you find that you entertain people easily? depends
3. Do you feel it's up to you to initiate contact with others or do you feel it's up to other people to do this? Me
4. When initiating contact, are you quite happy to do this or would you still maybe prefer others to do it? I get tired of doing it all the time
5. Are you impulsive? Sometimes
6. Do you find it difficult to relax unless you are tired? yes
7. Do you tend to have roughly the same energy levels all day or does it change drastically over the course of the day? Same all day
8. Are you quick to take action? as long as 'action' doesn't invlove paperwork, yes
9. Do you fidget a lot? Hell yeah
10. Do you take things as they come? yeah

Also, could you arrange these activities and outlooks in order of interest, starting from most interesting to least interesting:

Spiritual, Sports, Clubbing, Philosophical, Gossip, Families, Humanitarian issues, Cooking, Parties, Music, Literature.

Humanitarian (I don't wear it on my sleeve, though)
Literature
Families
Philosophical
Music
Spiritual
Gossip
Parties
Cooking
Sports
Clubbing
Old 06/06/2008, 09:59 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Yeah, hard to say... at first it appeared you were Ti seeking. But now i think you might be more Te seeking. Either way, I think both Ti and Te are weak functions for you (which isn't necessarily a bad thing; Fi/Fe are just stronger).
Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Wait... Kensi, is there a possibility, even if it is low, that you are T? You are searching among the F types. Why?
I have to disagree with RSV3...he even admits that his test may be misleading because he himself scored equally high for 'I' and 'E' though he is confident that he is an introvert. I think you could be a 'T' type as much as CC does, you've often shown remarkable insight with regard to socionics and I had presumed it was due to 'T' influence; as you stated, you don't seem to fit the description that RSV3 reserved for you:

Quote:
What this means is that you don't see systems and theories relevant unless they apply personally to you. And because of your weakness in this area, you try and avoid being drawn into logical arguments regarding a theory you believe in, because you realize you'll have trouble defending it against someone with a stronger Ti (which is basically every other type).
And as you point out, this theory is neither empirically supported or socially accepted (however you still demonstrated a profound understanding of psychological theories and at the very least authentic interest):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
I am a little bit familiar with REININ Dichotomies. Have you actually tried using them to type someone that you know?
At this point, Reinin dichotomies haven't been fully explored or developed yet, so I would only use them as a secondary or tertiary typing tool. But in theory, you should have no trouble typing someone solely using the other 11 Reinin dichotomies (once they become more developed and articulated).

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 06/06/2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06/06/2008, 10:27 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
I get certain INFp vibes from her too.....for what its worth.
I just went through some of my high school e-mails to/from a friend. Can't say it wasn't the mood I was in, but there are strong Se vibes.
Old 06/06/2008, 10:28 PM
Gone on holiday...

Well guys, on second thoughts I think my test sucks and I suppose I should apologise to everyone..I'll get round to it haha.

What it said was for kensi:
ESFj
Ej temperament
and SF club

And for pandapanda
ENFj
Ej temperament
NF club

The idea is that the first part asks questions that are common to people of certain temperaments.

The second part asks questions to see which club you belong to-I set it up for NF and SE.

Most of the top 5 for kensi was SE and most of top 5 for pandapanda was NF.

It occurs to me that perhaps the temperament and the club have to be taken as a whole rather than broken down, which may cause a certain amount of error as clearly shown in the results.

So yeah I'm sorry..but hey you don't know till you try so at least thanks for giving it a test run!

@kanerou, I would still consider ESFp if I were you..it does seem to fit certain tendencies of you outwith this test..it's worth looking at..for yourself you were something like 9/10 for being a p type, 7/10 for being an Ep type and 4/5 for being an SF type-so the results seemed stronger for you.

(incidentally the results for pandapanda being NF were 4/5, kensis' were somewhat in the middle -> suprise suprise )
Old 06/06/2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
I have to disagree with RSV3...he even admits that his test may be misleading because he himself scored equally high for 'I' and 'E' though he is confident that he is an introvert. I think you could be a 'T' type as much as CC does, you've often shown remarkable insight with regard to socionics and I had presumed it was due to 'T' influence; as you stated, you don't seem to fit the description that RSV3 reserved for you:

And as you point out, this theory is neither empirically supported or socially accepted (however you still demonstrated a profound understanding of psychological theories and at the very least authentic interest):
Yeah, but when I said that I thought Kensi was T seeking, it wasn't because of the test I administered. Generally, if someone says someone is function seeking, it is based on a functional analysis rather than a dichotomy analysis of the person (in this case, I was basing the conclusion on interaction I had had with Kensi). I don't give much weight to the results of the test I administered at all in regards to what type Kensi is; it was more to just see what kind of results would come up using only the 11 Reinin dichotomies in the test. I wrote it fairly quickly and the questions would probably need to be reworded and there would need to be empirical testing to show that the questions really did "split" the socion as every dichotomy should.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 06/06/2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:

Most of the top 5 for kensi was SE )
Maybe i have some sort of a battle with my superego....and certain SE traits thus show up to combat this impression built into me at an early age. I remember being bullied in grade 2 by an ESTp ...when i couldn't speak english and communicate with anybody.Amazingly enough i remember an ESTj subtype stepping in for me.

I this completely out of the question using Model "A" ?
Old 06/06/2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Maybe i have some sort of a battle with my superego....and certain SE traits thus show up to combat this impression built into me at an early age. I remember being bullied in grade 2 by an ESTp ...when i couldn't speak english and communicate with anybody.Amazingly enough i remember an ESTj subtype stepping in for me.

So you want to destroy all ESTps now?
Old 06/06/2008, 11:51 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:

What language do you speak?

u!

Quote:
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 06/06/2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:

@kanerou, I would still consider ESFp if I were you..it does seem to fit certain tendencies of you outwith this test..it's worth looking at..for yourself you were something like 9/10 for being a p type, 7/10 for being an Ep type and 4/5 for being an SF type-so the results seemed stronger for you.

)
well if she is to be an ESFp, and i know... she doesn't want to spend a whole day pretending to be one..................does she find shadowpuppet (INTp)attractive in any way ?....nothing implied here...just another question avenue.

Quote:

)
Wow thats about an 80% average assuming equal weight distribution. I thought that was supposed to be a crappy test Apparently not, seems to work on her....at least to suggest something.....are you sure you know what you're doing PSYC-CLOPS ?

Last edited by kensi; 06/06/2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/06/2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
well if she is to be an ESFp, and i know... she doesn't want to spend a whole day pretending to be one..................does she find shadowpuppet (INTp)attractive in any way ?....nothing implied here...just another question avenue.
That's a good point. A platonic way of asking this would be to ask whether she appreciates how I discuss things or how shadowpuppet discusses things. If she is really ESFp, she should have a strong inclination towards shadowpuppet since he is her dual and I am her conflictor.

But from what Kanerou has mentioned in the past, she seems to find INTps irritating (and sometimes INTjs as well) which makes me doubt she's even SF at all.

Quote:
Haha Why are you twitching? I don't want to talk about the test too much incase it ruins it for kensi. but let me suggest this..

you've got quite a confrontational style in that when you are discussing things you are very clear in what you are saying, you have no fear in enquiring what the other person means if you wish it and you are very assertive. Although you do this you are still able to do it in a way which is thoughtful and caring about the other person.

This is basically Se filtering into Fi. You already suspect you have Fi but you know ENFp doesn't *quite* fit.
On the other hand, Cyclops makes a good point here.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).

Last edited by RSV3; 07/06/2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/06/2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:

What it said was for kensi:
ESFj
Ej temperament
and SF club

)
An ESFj???

From the PROMETHEUS Doctrine: No, No your wrong, Absolutely Not, You dont know what you're talking about. etc, etc etc.
Then again maybe there's a particular breed or subtype of ESFj which i'm not aware of....but i cant see it

There's no way i can be ESFj. If anything these people intimidate me. I can talk to them rather easily but i have absolutely no intention to get to know them real well on a personal level. If you ever watch Seinfeld on t.v. in the UK...there is absolutely no way that i'm like Elaine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
So you want to destroy all ESTps now?
No actually there are some good ESTps. I've always liked Clint Eastwood. Great Actor. Good Movies. I like his style. He directs movies and stars in them as well, so he gets his own style across very well.I consider Clint Eastwood an ESTp but one from the intratim grid. I would say that to me he symbolizes "superego respect".........

then again maybe i'm halucinating

Last edited by kensi; 07/06/2008 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/06/2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
I actually didn't necessarily say the description applied to Kensi. Kensi had asked me to give him descriptions of an ENFp's role and PoLR functions to see how he compared to them.

Old 07/06/2008, 12:16 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
If you ever watch Seinfeld on t.v. in the UK...there is absolutely no way that i'm like Elaine.
rofl...hahahahaha

u!

Quote:
Old 07/06/2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
What language do you speak?
Just English..... I came here when i was only 3 or so.
Old 07/06/2008, 12:19 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
I actually didn't necessarily say the description applied to Kensi. Kensi had asked me to give him descriptions of an ENFp's role and PoLR functions to see how he compared to them.
But you don't think that he is ENFp?

Quote:
Just English..... I came here when i was only 3 or so.
Oh, ok. So would you say that you are more like Jerry, George, or Kramer? I tend to go through phases where I am more like one or the other over time, but I never stay with any one of them. Never Newman.

u!

Quote:

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 07/06/2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/06/2008, 12:22 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
That's a good point. A platonic way of asking this would be to ask whether she appreciates how I discuss things or how shadowpuppet discusses things. If she is really ESFp, she should have a strong inclination towards shadowpuppet since he is her dual and I am her conflictor.

But from what Kanerou has mentioned in the past, she seems to find INTps irritating (and sometimes INTjs as well) which makes me doubt she's even SF at all.
I like you as an LII because you're not the high-minded pain in the behind that the first confirmed LII I met was. And a couple others were just annoying. I can talk to Prometheus when he's not being a jerk, and I did deal him a slap once that calmed him down. I get along fine with shadowpuppet as well, when he's not being tactless. But I could get that from ISTp or INTp (and have).

In some ways, I could see Se-leading when I was in high school. I've changed since then, which would fit the Ne-Se seesaw. It's just a matter of finding out which I'm supposed to be.

Last edited by Kanerou; 07/06/2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07/06/2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:

On the other hand, Cyclops makes a good point here. Se and Fi
Well i do think i have a little bit of an amiable nature attributed to many ESFps. Except ESFp people, being GAMMAS, are somewhat party people for the most part. Fi is forever bound to its attraction to Se stimulus that these people can actually live in comfort in the here and now......i do't think i can do that. I see Fi natures scattered around in many Possible scenarios (Ne) and am bound by them. My Fi uis bothered by having to touch Se for prolonged periods of time.

I've never tried to be an ESFp for a day....maybe it'll work
Old 07/06/2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
An ESFj???
He's not calling you an ESFj or me an ENFj. He admitted his test was flawed.
Old 07/06/2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:

I've never tried to be an ESFp for a day....maybe it'll work
No it won't on second thought cause i don't see INTjs as being my total opposite.