Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 05/01/2008, 12:04 AM
Gone on holiday...

Default Se humour vs Si humour

Se humour.. Designed to make people laugh, to feel at ease, so that it is easier for Se to manipulate/push them into the position Se desires

Si humour.. Designed to make people laugh, to feel at ease, so that they experience pleasurable internal states, and hence creating a position where Si is more likely to experience pleasurable internal feelings.

Discuss..
Old 06/01/2008, 08:16 AM

I'm not quite sure yet whether I'm Se or Si ... but according to your definitions my humour is closer to Si humour. Are these defs that you came up with yourself? I'm not sure that all Se people would have an interest in manipulating people - I think some may just simply enjoy entertaining and making people laugh. And come to think of it, that probably goes for Sis as well ... if they notice that someone is uncomfortable, they may just want to make them feel at ease. But maybe this only goes for Fe types - I don't know.
Old 06/01/2008, 09:08 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopin View Post
I'm not quite sure yet whether I'm Se or Si ... but according to your definitions my humour is closer to Si humour. Are these defs that you came up with yourself? I'm not sure that all Se people would have an interest in manipulating people - I think some may just simply enjoy entertaining and making people laugh. And come to think of it, that probably goes for Sis as well ... if they notice that someone is uncomfortable, they may just want to make them feel at ease. But maybe this only goes for Fe types - I don't know.
Hi Chopin, yes its something i've came up with myself. It's came about from me observing folks behaviour and motivations. It's came about from looking at the T ones tho.. SLE's and SLI's (ESTp and ISTp)

So I haven't put this to the test of those with F as a second function as opposed to those two types who have T as their second function.

I've based it on observations, and being aware that Se as a dominant function is concerned with territory, manipulating people or things into what they want, pitting their sheer will against other to get what they want to come out tops etc.

So on that knowledge of Se, I guess an Se dominant with Fi secondary would not be as harsh as Ti secondary, as with Fi secondary it would be concerned with pushing people into ethical modes, or fun with some more feelings involved along the way.

Kindov why I left it my question more open.

BTW an SeFi on a moral war path would be somewhat more understandable to me than an SeTi on an aggressive mode to get what they want with morals put aside. But essentially if their is humour involved, it still centres round the one thing - manipulating or attempting to force their environment into a position to get what they personally want from it ?

I think in terms of how someone feels, that could be an overlap between Si and F. I'll give it some thought My initial is to think that pure Si on its own without a T or F influence would be less inclined about the ethics-more so that the person is at ease physically and mentally.

But oui, its open to discussion, as I guess we can use humour for any purpose really. But for optimal states, these are the slight differences I've observed.

Sometimes I think when it comes to the little apparent differences, its the actual motivation behind it which makes for the big 'crunch'. What do you think ?

Ps did I also mention that its good to be having such a nice pair of legs around here ?

Last edited by Cyclops; 06/01/2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07/01/2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Se humour.. Designed to make people laugh, to feel at ease, so that it is easier for Se to manipulate/push them into the position Se desires

Si humour.. Designed to make people laugh, to feel at ease, so that they experience pleasurable internal states, and hence creating a position where Si is more likely to experience pleasurable internal feelings.

Discuss..
Nah, it is probably what is the subject more than what it is designed to do. Humour is just humour after all
Old 07/01/2008, 12:07 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Nah, it is probably what is the subject more than what it is designed to do. Humour is just humour after all
Hey dude, yeah your probably right, a laugh is a laugh after all.

However, just thought I'd talk about this a bit longer. For the sake of if anything I guess

Do you think an individuals sense of humour could be influenced by their type ?

Some people don't find 'sick' or cutting types of jokes or remarks to be amusing. Could be an example of an F type thinking more so of the others feelings or their ethics, whereas another type might not consider how it impacts on how the other feels (for example, ESTp, isn't usually aware of others feelings due to weak Fi)

I'm sure I heard somewhere that ESTj sense of humour can focus around folks that they don't regard as 'normal' However, that could have been some MBTI guy banging on about that though, so couldn't vouch in regards to its socionics validity (or MBTI for that matter.

Do you think certain types are more likely to laugh/not laugh at certain stuff, and/or create there own style of humours around a particular theme ?
Old 07/01/2008, 12:57 PM

I often find cutting types of jokes amusing. Maybe I'm just hardened having grown up in a predominately 'T' household. I don't think being an F completely changes your type of humour though ... but I guess I probably wouldn't tell a joke if I thought it would offend someone. My brother is an ISTP and I find that he and I have essentially the same type of humour - the difference is that he doesn't put any restraints on it and usu doesn't care how it will affect others. I would probably protest if the joke was esp rude but still find it funny. My brother can do the dry stuff and keep a straight face while cracking jokes where as I always wreck them by laughing uncontrollably and totally messing up the delivery.

Sorry for babbling on - I'm tired and can't be bothered making sense. SG will probably be disgusted...

By the way Cyclops - how do you like my new legs?
Old 07/01/2008, 02:55 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I often find cutting types of jokes amusing. Maybe I'm just hardened having grown up in a predominately 'T' household. I don't think being an F completely changes your type of humour though ... but I guess I probably wouldn't tell a joke if I thought it would offend someone. My brother is an ISTP and I find that he and I have essentially the same type of humour - the difference is that he doesn't put any restraints on it and usu doesn't care how it will affect others. I would probably protest if the joke was esp rude but still find it funny. My brother can do the dry stuff and keep a straight face while cracking jokes where as I always wreck them by laughing uncontrollably and totally messing up the delivery.

Sorry for babbling on - I'm tired and can't be bothered making sense. SG will probably be disgusted...

By the way Cyclops - how do you like my new legs?
Haha, I thought there was something different about you. I thought at first that maybe you had changed your hairstyle, but then of course I realised I couldn't really comment on that because 1) We couldn't really see your hair last time round, and 2) that wasn't really the object(s!) of my attention.

Although the last camera angle was better, one can be in no doubt that you are still quite a good looking 'bird'.

For a point of amusement (haha sorry, pun) take a look at this link. I'm sort a taking it with pinches of salt, but the professor is rather serious about his findings:

http:www.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7153584.stm

So what do you think Chopin ? Do girls not really have a sense of humour ? But you a girl no ? Perhaps you should submit a few photos, so that we can 'VI your type' so to speak Suddenly I am all interested in this VI'ing thing aha

Am I flirting with you, or just being generally silly

Oh, PS, I can't really be bothered being too serious just now either, so no doubt SG will shout at me also..been burning the candle too much recently so me also tired.

However, if he's not too grumpy with me , maybe there is some good out of this post ? As this link in this post could be said to provide indirect evidence to changes being exposed to *within the womb* which are happening irrespective of the baby's DNA (Which I believe He I or Us were talking briefly .. It shows how many factors within the womb that are not necessarily DNA related but nonetheless therefore affect type. AKA Its at least womb developmento than simply genetically selected for you ?)

What say you Sergie ?

Oh..BTW, Sergie, my tendency I think I sometimes have, to pull random facts together to support a growing idea, is that some sort of example of a function in action ?

BTW, I would hunch it that SG finds you quite good fun too

Quote:

For a point of amusement (haha sorry, pun) take a look at this link. I'm sort a taking it with pinches of salt, but the professor is rather serious about his findings:
Oh..I put the wrong link in, I told you I wa(zzz) tired

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7153584.stm

Last edited by Cyclops; 07/01/2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/01/2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Haha, I thought there was something different about you. I thought at first that maybe you had changed your hairstyle, but then of course I realised I couldn't really comment on that because 1) We couldn't really see your hair last time round, and 2) that wasn't really the object(s!) of my attention.

Although the last camera angle was better, one can be in no doubt that you are still quite a good looking 'bird'.

So what do you think Chopin ? Do girls not really have a sense of humour ? But you a girl no ? Perhaps you should submit a few photos, so that we can 'VI your type' so to speak Suddenly I am all interested in this VI'ing thing aha

Am I flirting with you, or just being generally silly

Oh, PS, I can't really be bothered being too serious just now either, so no doubt SG will shout at me also..been burning the candle too much recently so me also tired.

However, if he's not too grumpy with me , maybe there is some good out of this post ? As this link in this post could be said to provide indirect evidence to changes being exposed to *within the womb* which are happening irrespective of the baby's DNA (Which I believe He I or Us were talking briefly .. It shows how many factors within the womb that are not necessarily DNA related but nonetheless therefore affect type. AKA Its at least womb developmento than simply genetically selected for you ?)

What say you Sergie ?

Oh..BTW, Sergie, my tendency I think I sometimes have, to pull random facts together to support a growing idea, is that some sort of example of a function in action ?

BTW, I would hunch it that SG finds you quite good fun too

Oh..I put the wrong link in, I told you I wa(zzz) tired

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7153584.stm
What a lovely monologue!
Are we bored again?
Old 09/01/2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:

At the risk of being disloyal to my sex, I would have to agree that guys are definitely funnier than us. Come to think of it, any female comedians that are really hilarious seem to have an excess of testosterone .

You'll have to prove that you're an expert at VI before you go about analyzing my features. I don't want to be 'practiced on'.

SG - do you know much about VI? Do you know what an ISFP's typical looks are? Have you had a look under Cyclops's sombrero?
Old 10/01/2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
SG - do you know much about VI? Do you know what an ISFP's typical looks are? Have you had a look under Cyclops's sombrero?
The sombrero covers the sunlight from reaching the face. How cool and sad.
Old 10/01/2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:

SG - do you know much about VI?
No, but I know the guy who practically invented it.
Old 10/01/2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
At the risk of being disloyal to my sex, I would have to agree that guys are definitely funnier than us. Come to think of it, any female comedians that are really hilarious seem to have an excess of testosterone .

You'll have to prove that you're an expert at VI before you go about analyzing my features. I don't want to be 'practiced on'.

I think that my ESFj sister is a whole lot funnier than most comedians.

@SG
Is it Kalinauskas? It would be nice to know more about him and his models. If this person you know and Kalinauskas are separate people it would be nice to know about both people.
Old 11/01/2008, 01:05 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
What type was he ?

And what did he look like
Old 11/01/2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Personally? Have you picked his brains?

Does it use the same priniciples as physiogamy?

Last edited by chopin; 11/01/2008 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11/01/2008, 01:46 PM

Nah, it was not Kalinauskas , I've only seen him once IRL and he was on the stage performing with his partner. I found out that VI was possible from Alexandra Didenko, she was already using it in own sensing way, then Weisband told me he could do photographs but never told me how. Then I was discussing this with a friend of mine, Charles Foster, and he kept on calling the method V.I., and so this is what I meant by saying he practically invented V.I. Disappointing story?
Old 11/01/2008, 11:29 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Nah, it was not Kalinauskas , I've only seen him once IRL and he was on the stage performing with his partner. I found out that VI was possible from Alexandra Didenko, she was already using it in own sensing way, then Weisband told me he could do photographs but never told me how. Then I was discussing this with a friend of mine, Charles Foster, and he kept on calling the method V.I., and so this is what I meant by saying he practically invented V.I. Disappointing story?
Is it like star wars. Did he teach you everything you know then you killed him in his sleep, so that you could become the master, Darth Sergious. Do you then have the power to influence the functions of the midiclorians themselves to create types, or something.
Old 11/01/2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Is it like star wars. Did he teach you everything you know then you killed him in his sleep, so that you could become the master, Darth Sergious. Do you then have the power to influence the functions of the midiclorians themselves to create types, or something.
You ARE learning. What the **** have you been doing until now?

Quote:
Personally? Have you picked his brains?

Does it use the same priniciples as physiogamy?
Does it feel good? Say yes!

Last edited by Vibration; 11/01/2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11/01/2008, 11:48 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
You ARE learning. What the **** have you been doing until now?

Does it feel good? Say yes!
What type is my tele

Does it make a difference what programme is on ?

Discuss ..
Old 12/01/2008, 01:38 AM

Quote:
What type is my tele

Discuss ..
Just encouraging the fun!!!

We are lonely bastards are not we?
Old 12/01/2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
What type is my tele

Discuss ..
Um, HDTV in MBTI, DVB in Socionics?