View Single Post
Old 12/05/2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Are you serious?...I can't tell.
Yes in this particular case I am. Dont for one second think that I get happy through mastering many things -on the contrary. No one gets happy that way anyway. Skills are measured objectively, i.e., by everyone but ourselves, i.e, skills are reflected qualities -they dont come from within, they are expected, hoped and dreamed of by other people with other peoples preferences/values.

It is much better to be a light bulb than a mirror. Emission is greater than reflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Yes in this particular case I am. Dont for one second think that I get happy through mastering many things -on the contrary. No one gets happy that way anyway. Skills are measured objectively, i.e., by everyone but ourselves, i.e, skills are reflected qualities -they dont come from within, they are expected, hoped and dreamed of by other people with other peoples preferences/values.

It is much better to be a light bulb than a mirror. Emission is greater than reflection.
Basically, I wonder if many other ENTps suffer from the same dilemma, i.e., they have to prove things to other people. And that causes meaningless pain.
I smell a lot of prestige in all ENTps I know.

Last edited by Vibration; 12/05/2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost