Thread: INTp or INTj
View Single Post
Old 10/08/2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
Ti enough? What does that even mean? Since when did I say I wanted Ti anyway? I basically disagreed on the accuracy of some of the definitions in there (for example, I don't think it's only Ne that deals with imagination, rather both forms of intuition correlate with imagination, albeit in different ways).
When I read it, it was good enuf for me based on my general conceptual models, linguistically it is quite lacking, but conceptually it was fine for me. The message it is attempting to convey that is more then just the words was good enough for my Ne. I patterned matched it with something I am already aware of.

When I posted it, I used Ne because I thought it was relevant to your situation.

Here is where I think you might have rejected it because of Ti, what I posted is not the most logically sound.

"The individual views reality through the lens of logic, immediately recognizing the correctness and appropriateness of things and their proper place in reality and in his system of views and behavior. The person freely makes logical assertions (often exaggerated) about new information and experience."

This is 1st function Ti from wiki-socion.

Let's look at leading Ni function from wiki-socion

"As a base function, Introverted Intuition generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. Because the individual gets his/her primary information about the world through imagination, a person with base Introverted Intuition may be able to thrive in situations where data are scarce, or where he/she lacks the usual prerequisite experience. However, this may also become a disadvantage if the person ignores real data about the world too much. The ability to transcend the axis of time and understand the cause and effect relationships that occur is also a feature, sometimes resulting in the ability to accurately predict general future trends and outcomes of certain events."

I just saw the way you processed and rejected what was written as Ti rather then Ni.

Ignore the si comment.