View Single Post
Old 15/09/2008, 02:24 AM
the Omniscient

Specifically, how do you come to believe what you do?

Common methods of justifying novel premises epistemologically tend to favor one of two ideologies:
  • Fatalist - believes that future/past can be deduced from knowledge of present circumstances
  • Stochastic - likes to interpret according to high recurrence and correlativity
These are the two ideological premises from which the six poll methods (with the exception of inconclusive) can be derived: ∆tiological, Nomothetic, and Solipsist arguments can be seen primarily as assertions of determinism, whereas Bayesian, Frequentist, and Pyrrhonian frames of reference always adhere to a statistical approach. There is also another undercurrent running in this poll: Frequentist and ∆tiological justifications tend to employ an exclusively empirical underpinning; Nomothetic and Bayesian inferences depend heavily on a priori convictions (solipsism is also usually defended using the a priori because a posteriori attempts at verification are not widely credited; Pyrrhonism may seem like an analytic proposition at first but it actually only indoctrinates an inductive negation of premises, including the self-negation of any premise that might eventually support a rationalist Pyrrhonian criterion, and so is actually an [anti-] empirical enterprise - I have taken great pains to clarify this in the past click here). I have been contemplating the effects of metaphysical beliefs on the use of information elements in Model A. I also specifically believe that sensors are most likely to be empiricists by nature, even logical sensors. This is a very interesting quote from one of the architects of socionics that could be quite relevant:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Gulenko
Dichotomies in Socionics and Philosophy

The close connection and parallelism of the basic socionic concepts - the theory of mental information metabolism - with a series of philosophical categories and systems is demonstrated. The use of quadruple socionic system of knowledge structuring, which covers all the information aspects, allows to expand and to complete many of these philosophical knowledge systems. The process of evolution of ideas in philosophy from antiquity up to the present days is considered from socionic positions.

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 15/09/2008 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost