View Single Post
Old 14/11/2011, 07:04 PM

A little wood for the fire...

1st Example:
I worked at a science center with scientists and developers for many years. I typed them as: (90%) INTj/INTp, with the other 10% ESTj /ENTj and a couple of ENTp’s.
Not surprising, the technical support staff is (90%) INTj/INTp and the other 10% ISTj, ENTp with an ESTp director. They fulfill various auxiliary needs of the scientific community- technical assistance and project management. Lastly, the administrators are mostly ISTp, ENFj, and ISFj’s.

Summary: With a good balance of INTj/INTp’s, theories are discussed, debated and ultimately proven or found incorrect using empirical facts.

2nd Example:
I worked at a multi-level marketing (MLM) company with regular Joes/Janes. I typed them as: (80%) ISTp, ENFp, ESFp, INTp, INFp, ESTp and ISFp with 15% of manager level or above to be ENTp with a couple of INTp’s and a handful of ENTj’s (the brains of the operation). Lastly, less than 5% of the company ESTj, ENTj, ENFj and ESFJ’s with a couple of INTj’s.
Not surprising, the technical support staff is: (80%) ISTp, ESFp, INTp, INFp, ESTp and ISFp the other 15% of manager level or above ENTp with a couple of INTp’s and a handful of ENTj’s (the brains of the operation). Lastly, less than 5% of the staff: ESTj, ENFj and ESFj’s with one INTj (I hired him).

Summary: the company has “big picture” ideas but lacks the necessary personality ability to organize, plan and execute in a timely matter. The powers that be run the company like a communist regime with the minority “j” personality types fearing to speak their minds or “step out of line” (with good reason).

Conclusions: These are two polar opposite companies who rely on personality focus to achieve their goals. Unique details of two very different and closed microcosms’.

* Each has a goal or product that the companies hope to be successful and attains the necessary personalities to achieve it.

* One does so in a very rationality way, the other in a very irrationality way.

* Each eliminates unnecessary personalities from the environment, as needed.

* Each is a mirror image of its customer base.

* Each is a mirror image of its technical staff.

* This compatible of personality focus appears to extend to outside vendors, recruiters, etc.