View Single Post
Old 14/03/2006, 03:16 AM

Default Re: The narrow-mindedness of Russian Socionics

SG, I think you're blowing this out of proportion a little bit. I think what's happening here is that the people reading the descriptions are idealizing what's being said. No doubt, there is some bias towards Extraverted Intuition being a kind of "catch-all intellectual function," as Rick says, but that aside, I think it's mostly due to interpretation. People tend to idealize the thought of Extraverted Intuition as a kind of "take everything in at once" function, when in reality it's closer to "skimming the cream off the top," as Rick puts it. With this misperception dispelled, the ENTp becomes much less ideal, and really no more desireable than any other type, in my opinion.

Personally, I'd give up any kind of cognitive advantage that an ENTp gains with Introverted Thinking and gain the people skills of an IEE any day. Who cares about being "unbiased" and "objective?" Any type can do that. So what if they're better at math? Any type can learn these things in time. ENTps, conversly, can NOT really ever have people skills like an ENFp or ESFj.

In conclusion, I don't think it's really fair to say that ENTps are favored as a kind of intellectual messiah, and if we are, it's because, quite frankly, most of us downright suck when it comes to people. We've gotta get something, right?