Thread: type me
View Single Post
Old 16/01/2008, 12:04 AM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant_stapler71 View Post
I have no idea what you mean by this. My sleep schedule is very variable, so I don't know how to answer this question.
Don't you read every post in this thread? Take a look at the links in my response to SG.

Quote:
A wonderful, albeit overused example of his is his treatise on lying, in which he argues that lying is unacceptable in any context. Doesn't that strike you as a tad contrived and narrow-minded?
Maybe. I don't believe that lying is unacceptable under any conceivable circumstances, but I don't lie myself, and I tend to think that in at least 99 cases out of 100 the truth should be preferred.

Quote:
I find any philosopher who rejects the notion of perception to the extent that Descartes does to be rather strange.
Does that mean that you tend to think that science should be based primarily on empirical observations rather than pure speculation? Do you prefer the empiricism of Hume and others to the rationalism of Kant and others?

Quote:
I don't know what the difference between positivistic and post-modernist and relativistic science is.
Okay, but can you tell us some more about your philosophical views in general and the kind of philosophizing you say that you have beein doing?