View Single Post
Old 24/01/2006, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Hypothetical question

I'm quite comfortable with myself, regardless of what four letter acronym I come up, I don't try to be someone I'm not. No one type is superior to another.
Now I wish I had saved my initial test results. It seems I have no other way of proving I am what I say I am, and it's going to be second-guessed whenever I present an opinion. It's getting rather tiresome.

However, since the topic has been brought up:

Whatever else I may be, I assure you that I have never been an extrovert. No, I don't think it's fashionable to be otherwise, it has its good and its bad, and I am not trying to fit into a mold or some other such thing. There are times when even I can be quite sociable. But left to my own devices I prefer to be alone, enjoy time to myself, and abhor social situations that force me into small talk and nonesense. I almost never initiate conversation, do not approach strangers. I do not like the spotlight and will avoid it at all costs. I don't like having long laundry lists of acquaintances, I hardly speak out unless I find it necessary and do not go out of my way to socialize with others.
(and no I'm not saying that every extrovert in the world has all these traits in common, and anyone who doesn't have all these traits is automatically an introvert, or that it's bad to be outgoing and social, etc. But I do think several years of testing does have some merit, don't you think?)