View Single Post
Old 03/06/2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
I think he's an ENFj. Firstly, because he lacks the wry delta sense of humour. 'Aggressive Playfulness' isn't an ENFp thing - most of the delta types like to deadpan and use understatement. His whole 'FUN' atttitude, with his use of custom smilies, is really beta humour.

This is off socionwiki:

Beta types tend to feel energized in the presence of people who share their beliefs and express them with obvious enthusiasm and emotion.
Beta types tend to give more value to feelings when they are demonstrated with clear emotional expression, and tend to increase the level of their own emotional expression in order to get a reaction from other people.

That sounds like kensi to me. Always telling people to be more positive and to develop their people skills. FWIW, ENFps are a serious type on the reinin dichotomies (ENFjs are a 'merry' type). We have a reputation for being happy-go-lucky, but there is a seriousness to us that means we appreciate seriousness in other people. This seriousness isn't the 'depression' that ENFjs describe experiencing. It's more like, an appreciation for subtlety and lack of emotionality. When ENFps are depressed, they don't look any different from normal. If kensi was in a bad mood, I reckon it would be obvious - like it is in most ENFjs.

What would ENFps do with our dual, the ISTp, if we wanted to have lots of Fe-valued 'warmth' directed at us? We would never get along.

Plus, he likes to have everything explained to him - which suggests he values Ti more than Te. If he had Ne in his ego block, he could quickly grasp what a Te person like Cyclops was talking about, and then develop on it. He asks questions about stuff that seems pretty obvious to me, a trait I notice in my quasi identical, the ENFj.

He also doesn't have much patience for people who write in a long-winded, analytical way, which in his opinion doesn't get to the point. This also suggests he isn't delta. Betas are the ones who get impatient when other people are writing/talking, hence his telling Cyclops to write more succinctly. He wants everything explained in a Ti way, but doesn't like reading too much stuff he doesn't agree with. He likes the INTjs on this forum. I reckon from his point of view, they write succinctly and make sense.

Kensi, if you read this, I think you might relate to it: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=EIE_domain

Forget about your dislike for Fe and Se. I think that's the only thing that's stopping you from considering if you're an ENFj. You could try reading stuff written by ENFjs (like the link above), and try typing a few. Then you could compare these people to yourself, and tell me what you think.
Pandapanda, what do you think about Kensi as an INFp?

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).